• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google+ |OT| A New Social Network

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't find the app in the app store, either. I won't be home till tomorrow, and don't want to wait. :-\

Ryaaan14

Banned
Huddle is broken as hell right now. Not sure if it's because of the massive influx of iOS users, but this seems to be a common trend right now...

Z3unV.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bing Gains In Customer Satisfaction, Facebook “Near The Bottom” — Report
The 2011 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) “e-business report is out. Google, Bing and the entire “Internet Search Engines & Portals” category seems to have done well. In particular Bing and Ask improved significantly over last year. Facebook’s report card, on the other hand, is not as likely to make mom and dad happy.
. . . .
Facebook continues to register as one of the lowest-scoring companies measured by the ACSI. To put this in perspective, only 14 other sites of the 226 private-sector companies measured by the ACSI have scores that tie or fall below Facebook’s, meaning Facebook is in the bottom 6% of the whole ACSI. The companies that tend to score below Facebook are mostly airlines, cable companies, and a few electric utilities.
. . . .
http://searchengineland.com/bing-ga...faction-facebook-near-the-bottom-report-86198

kehs

Banned
Ryaaan14 said:
Huddle is broken as hell right now. Not sure if it's because of the massive influx of iOS users, but this seems to be a common trend right now...

Z3unV.jpg

Did you update it? You might have gotten the first batch version.

Spacebar

I can't seem to pull this up on my phone in the app store. I searched google, google+ and google plus and came up with nothing. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Crazyorloco

I love Google plus, but I wish there were more reactionary posts or posts of things on people's minds rather than just links to articles. I do appreciate links to things, but not all the time (especially when I've seen the article from others). Maybe it's just the people I'm following.

I should make a circle just for these people.

Today I have about 20 people posting the News about the iOS G+ app. Knowing how tech savy my Gaf Circle is, I know better than to send them this news. Talk about the news when you send it or At least use the circles to filter this to others.

I still love you, Google plus.

P.s. Gaf check this out (G+ videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zrFTAqo_is&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9MtttXI2q8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Koodo

Banned
The G+ app is already better than the Facebook app.

That's not saying much though, because it's still slightly shitty. Limited batch uploading? No option to create an album? Ay dios mío.

Terrell

Enco said:
It makes zero sense why it doesn't work with the iPod touch.

I seriously hope they update it.
Rushed release. I expect updates to make it iPad and iPod friendly. If not now, likely when September rolls around.
And it almost looks like the delay in the app's submission was due to problems with the original submission, hence the Huddle issues seen in the thread from the wrong release being put on the store originally.

Got rid of my Facebook yesterday... I'm sure some of you are aware of that following me on +.

I want Google to integrate their Music Beta into this thing already posting the songs I have listened to or even sharing my own music with others on the service.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Copernicus said:
Did you update it? You might have gotten the first batch version.

The "failed to send..." error has been happening for me today as well (never happened before), and I'm using the Android app, so it's probably an issue on Google's end.

And wow, after trying to resend my message a few times, failing each time, and giving up, I now (a few hours later) see that for each of my tries a message has been successfully posted. Four identical messages in a row. That shouldn't happen.

Terrell

Oh crap, the mainstream media is reporting on Google+ past the obligatory "oh look, new internet thing" story when it launched.
Was watching Q13 Fox News and they were discussing how it will help people make a "fresh start" and recover from "social media fatigue", or some such thing.

SimleuqiR

Set Up a Home Surveillance System with Google+ Hangouts

The only hitch is that you'll need more than one Google account, but you might already have one around anyway. Now, with it, you can keep an eye on your house, see if that package has been delivered, and more. We tested this and it works even if your screensaver is turned on, which is pretty nice. It won't work if you set your computer to go to sleep, though, so be sure to turn sleep off if you want your surveillance!

hangoutsurveillance.jpg

Nothing really new, but nice to able to set up a low cost surveillance system.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
overcast said:
I don't see any reason for me to switch over to G+ quite yet. I'll just keep my account in case it "takes down" facebook.

LOL

Facebook is the biggest thing since SMS

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Do you guys think there's any chance they'l let us join Huddles from the desktop? I'd like to talk to people in huddles without having to type on my phone.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Divvy said:
Do you guys think there's any chance they'l let us join Huddles from the desktop? I'd like to talk to people in huddles without having to type on my phone.
Yes.

Divvy said:
I think their next step is a unified messaging system, like Facebook just did, which I hope will encompass Google Voice, Talk/Chat, and Huddles. So they're probably just waiting on that?

Top Bottom