• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google+ |OT| A New Social Network

WOW. Love this example of how Google+ (the head for all the Google tentacles) can be used in academic ways:

The future is now!
Yeah Google are doing some incredible stuff, this kind of thing is what Wave was supposed to be for, it just makes a lot more sense now.

Hangouts are absolutely brilliant. And the social dynamic of following + circles is just so much more flexible than Facebook's friends concept.

gcubed

People need to put their gaf name under the other name section and make it publicly viewable. I'm assuming the recent few adds are gaffers

Pctx

Banned
WOW. Love this example of how Google+ (the head for all the Google tentacles) can be used in academic ways:

The future is now!

I'm actually doing some work at my work (I work at a College) on figuring out if our migration to Gmail for email for students needs to happen sooner rather than later to get people integrated into G+ for the very reason stated above. G+ Pages and classpages will make online learning truly a 21st century experience.

http://mashable.com/2011/12/01/goog...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Mashable+(Mashable)

Google hangouts now allow you to call a phone for free and have conference calls

Google+Calls.jpg

kehs

Banned
You can make calls from hangout but you can't start a hangout from a phone, you can chat with people in your circles through gchat but you can't start a group chat with them. You can voice chat through gchat on mobile but you can't call a voip number.

SimleuqiR

You can make calls from hangout but you can't start a hangout from a phone, you can chat with people in your circles through gchat but you can't start a group chat with them. You can voice chat through gchat on mobile but you can't call a voip number.

Don't fret. Larry Page is on it.
Never seen Google shed so much fat in the 10 years of using their services. It's like they skipped puberty and went straight into their late teen years.

All this shit is going to get consolidated.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Never seen Google shed so much fat in the 10 years of using their services. It's like they skipped puberty and went straight into their late teen years.

No lie, with the new Google Bar, today's Google is exactly what I've been wanting for the past four years. It's amazing. Throw in Google+, YouTube, Chrome, Android...

I love this company. <3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I got a Dragon Age social network code for whoever wants to use it since it's Google+ and I don't use Google+.

Quote to reveal

Rur0ni

Have to agree, it's really coming together for me.

Spacebar

I've been trying to add as many gaffers as possible to hit me up on G+.

gplus.to/adamc

Also I've been looking for a possibly extension to embed Gmail into G+. Is there even such a thing out there? I would love for them to implement a button at the top beside home, photos, games, etc. and place the mail in the middle of the page where the stream is.

Ugh... deleted a circle based on an interest and still getting adds from people that were attached to that circle (friends of former friends).

Any way to stop that without blocking each former friend individually?

Pctx

Banned
Ugh... deleted a circle based on an interest and still getting adds from people that were attached to that circle (friends of former friends).

Any way to stop that without blocking each former friend individually?

InsertFacebookjokehere.gif

That does bring up and interesting question, can you drop people or only be exclusive based on permission based adds?

InsertFacebookjokehere.gif

That does bring up and interesting question, can you drop people or only be exclusive based on permission based adds?

It's driving me mad. My real notifications are being drowned in adds from people I stopped circling.

I'm hoping that it will stop over time since it seems it's a flaw in the system.

kehs

Banned
It's driving me mad. My real notifications are being drowned in adds from people I stopped circling.

I'm hoping that it will stop over time since it seems it's a flaw in the system.

You must be getting circled shared like a hydroponic joint.

Goldrush

I see Youtube has a redesigned. Just want to make sure I didn't miss it. Can you make Youtube video private except for a google circle?

kehs

Banned
Google + Android update lets you see online availability, typing as it happens, and begins to insert phone numbers when creating a new message.

Gtalk, BBM, and iMessage, watch out.

Search and (most importantly) New Logo.

Top Bottom