• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Screw other comic shows, this season is on absolute fire.

Just hoping they don't attempt more dump shit like Bette Kane they thankfully cut before it aired.

Effect

I'm really curious as to who is running this thing. I remember reading that Hugo Strange was suppose to be in this season. When Batman encounters he's already old (was in the Arkham games and in the animated series) so there is no reason to make him him super young here if shows up. He can easily be Gordon's age or older from the start.

Enosh

I swear she gets hotter every time she shows up

gotham.jpg

firefly still alive! kinda
poor selina, can't catch a break this season
and poor butch, getting brainwashed twice in one life time!
harvey kicking a man dying from burns all over his body, jesus christ man, show some restrain
poison ivy still exist

First I was bummed they killed off this Firefly but then she's still alive in a secret lab, kinda yay! But then they killed Kingle. :( It was going to happen but I was hoping it'd be later in the season and she'd turn out to actually be a bit crazy herself. Edward's downward spiral just started to tailspin.

I want to suspend my disbelief, but I find it hard to believe that everyone in that sex trade building wouldn't be packing heat.
I would imagine there would be a check point where bidders would give up their weapons.
I swear she gets hotter every time she shows up

Not as hot as Bridget.

Sabucin

Thoughts about the episode.

1. Tabatha is fucking hot.
  2. Poor Butch, brainwashed again.
  3. Firefly killing her brothers and getting revenge in the club was amazing.
  4. Tabatha is fucking hot.
  5. Edward you dumb fuck. Why you would confess something like that? At least he could fuck Miss Kringle.
  6. Tabatha is so fucking hot and I love her!
  7. Indian Hills... I had to do some research because its name reminds me something and I found this place was offered to Maroni but he didn't want it.

Mariolee

Almost a bit of a depressing episode considering how much the bad guys feel like they're winning this time around. That's not a slight, but an observation. I actually really enjoyed this episode and am constantly shocked at how fast things are moving (though one thing that has been a bit unbearingly slow is anyone having any inkling that Galavant is evil). Hoping the good guys win at least one next episode.

Chariot

Is there where we are going to get villains like Killer Croc from?

People with actual powers?

The woman in leather is obviously going to show up later.
Well, Croc started out as a guy with a disease. Not a full Croc yet, just a very weird looking kid that get's bullied a lot for it. So, it could very well be that they "evolved" him there. Albeit I'd call them enhanced humans, rather than people with actual powers.

I recommend reading Forever Evil's Killercroc #1 btw. When I like something about the New 52, it's Killercroc. Well, until they ruined him again.

Well, Croc started out as a guy with a disease. Not a full Croc yet, just a very weird looking kid that get's bullied a lot for it. So, it could very well be that they "evolved" him there. Albeit I'd call them enhanced humans, rather than people with actual powers.

I recommend reading Forever Evil's Killercroc #1 btw. When I like something about the New 52, it's Killercroc. Well, until they ruined him again.

Is that the one where he falls on with that gangster husband and wife? Because that was an amazing story.

Chariot

Is that the one where he falls on with that gangster husband and wife? Because that was an amazing story.
No, but i's another amazing one where he lures corrupt police officers who killed their honest colleague into the sewers while his origin story is told. It's really amazing, because this makes so much more out of Croc than a mindless killer. He is smart - not a genius, but smart - and he has a good heart. He build a kingdom in the sewers where he protects and leads those who can't or don't want to live above any more. The poor, the hunted, the exiled.

So sad that he is now reduced to dumb henchman again, last I picked up a comic. Thanks DC.

Skux

Intense episode. Crazy how the show juggles drama with ridiculous shit like Butch having a mallet arm lol.

Firefly could be one of the best villains this show has seen so far next to Jerome.

I really liked the 'villain origins' feel of the episode, and how it's drawn out over several episodes to give us more time to get to know them. Firefly could have been a one-off villain of the week but she's had enough screen time to establish her own motivations and character and make you genuinely care about what happens to her. The same goes for Nygma as he stumbles more and more into tragedy.

It's great that these characters also have a tragic flaw - the thing they do that gets them into deeper and deeper shit. They mean well, but push too hard:

- Penguin's love for his mother turns into desperation and compromises Butch's infiltration.
- Firefly loves her newfound freedom and empowerment but doesn't respect it and ends up destroying her life.
- Nygma thought he was opening up to Kristen but is nuts and goes about it the completely wrong way.
- Selina breaks her code to only care about herself and trust no one, and ends up losing her best friend because of it.

No, but i's another amazing one where he lures corrupt police officers who killed their honest colleague into the sewers while his origin story is told. It's really amazing, because this makes so much more out of Croc than a mindless killer. He is smart - not a genius, but smart - and he has a good heart. He build a kingdom in the sewers where he protects and leads those who can't or don't want to live above any more. The poor, the hunted, the exiled.

So sad that he is now reduced to dumb henchman again, last I picked up a comic. Thanks DC.

When was that? He abandoned the King Croc gig, but he's not a dumb henchman, last I checked.

Desean101

Banned
I nope'd out before the Convergeance, last I seen him was playing doggie henchman for Selina.

Killing the little girl off was so dumb.

He is Roy harpers AA sponsor and he works with selina as her muscle a bit but more of just an ally really. He isn't a dumb brute at all, he Just knows he isn't the type to try to be a leader of men since his Kingdom underground fell apart. He can protect people he likes but Leading them isn't their strong suit. So he Works with Selina to keep his people safe and be a Bit of Muscle for her in exchange.

Effect

Some updated ratings.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/10/26/broadcast-live-7-ratings-week-3-2015-16/480276/

Gotham seems to almost double it's initial night ratings as the week goes on. The link is about last weeks episode. The airing night results in a 1.5 on the ratings but taking the next 7 days and it rises by 80% to a 2.7. That's matching Agents of Shield which also rises in the same manner. That's something Gotham has been doing as well since last season. I was concerned earlier about the ratings, as I don't want the show to be canceled, but this is looking good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gotham_episodes#Ratings

The one worry I do have though is going by the wiki listings the same percentage of people watch the episodes on DVR for the most part while it's the live airings that have taken a hit since the series started. If that drops more that might be a problem I think going forward.

Can't find any ratings yet for how well the show does outside of the US though and that might make all of this concern mute since that's a lot of money from other markets.

Chariot

He is Roy harpers AA sponsor and he works with selina as her muscle a bit but more of just an ally really. He isn't a dumb brute at all, he Just knows he isn't the type to try to be a leader of men since his Kingdom underground fell apart. He can protect people he likes but Leading them isn't their strong suit. So he Works with Selina to keep his people safe and be a Bit of Muscle for her in exchange.
Oh, I can accept that. That's pretty cool.

Skux

Some updated ratings.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/10/26/broadcast-live-7-ratings-week-3-2015-16/480276/

Gotham seems to almost double it's initial night ratings as the week goes on. The link is about last weeks episode. The airing night results in a 1.5 on the ratings but taking the next 7 days and it rises by 80% to a 2.7. That's matching Agents of Shield which also rises in the same manner. That's something Gotham has been doing as well since last season. I was concerned earlier about the ratings, as I don't want the show to be canceled, but this is looking good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gotham_episodes#Ratings

The one worry I do have though is going by the wiki listings the same percentage of people watch the episodes on DVR for the most part while it's the live airings that have taken a hit since the series started. If that drops more that might be a problem I think going forward.

Can't find any ratings yet for how well the show does outside of the US though and that might make all of this concern mute since that's a lot of money from other markets.

The show will survive. Monday nights are extremely crowded with juggernaut shows like Big Bang Theory and The Voice, so a lot of people catch up on Gotham during the week (as seen by the DVR numbers).

Also, comic book shows do well internationally and have extremely dedicated fanbases that will continue to support it with DVDs, merchandise, convention appearances etc. The brand is one of the most recognisable in comics, even without Batman.

I love the AA sponsor bit and always have. Such an amazing character moment.

The show will survive. Monday nights are extremely crowded with juggernaut shows like Big Bang Theory and The Voice, so a lot of people catch up on Gotham during the week (as seen by the DVR numbers).

Also, comic book shows do well internationally and have extremely dedicated fanbases that will continue to support it with DVDs, merchandise, convention appearances etc. The brand is one of the most recognisable in comics, even without Batman.

Plus WB has a pretty sweet deal with Netflix getting paid something like 1.75M per episode or did for the first season but I imagine it's still in place for season two, right?

Another good episode.

Selina hasn't been nearly as annoying this season and I quite enjoyed her teaming up with Firefly. That flip was entirely unnecessary though.

Tabitha. Good fucking Lord. I need an entire episode devoted just to her.

Oh lord at the mallet. Amazing.

Oh my god at Bullock beating the shit out of the burnt guy.

Good grief, Nygma fucked Kringle up...and was that a howl? The fuck....

Oddduck

One of Gotham's writers talks about Indian Hill.

Observer: So about that ending…what can you tell me?

Rebecca Perry Cutter: Well, we learn that Indian Hill is a freaky, top secret underground lab where weird experiments are happening. And there’s going to be a big character coming down the road that is going to be associated with it. But I can’t tell you who. This is the first hint of it, but there will be a lot more to come.

Indian Hill was mentioned as far back as last November. Was this upcoming storyline planned out since then?

It was actually planned out. Last year it was part of the gang war between Falcone and Maroni, where Falcone kind of tricked Maroni into giving him the land. Ultimately, that does connect to what is happening here.

http://observer.com/2015/10/gotham-...ing-under-indian-hill-teases-major-character/

It has to be Dr. Hugo Strange. It makes so much sense for him to be involved with that.

And I could totally see "Indian Hill" becoming an actual location in future Batman comic books.

One of Gotham's writers talks about Indian Hill.

http://observer.com/2015/10/gotham-...ing-under-indian-hill-teases-major-character/

It has to be Dr. Hugo Strange. It makes so much sense for him to be involved with that.

And I could totally see "Indian Hill" becoming an actual location in future Batman comic books.

Actual mad science type stuff isn't really in Strange's wheelhouse, though. He's generally more of a psychological manipulation type threat. Bear in mind, I haven't seen the most recent episode yet, so if he showed up of course all bets are out the window, but I'm thinking it's somebody else.

Part of me really, really wants it to be Mr. Bloom.

Sadist

- Why is Tabatha so damn attractive?
- Butch, Butch, Butch... you poor sob.
- "Master Bruce, Silver called. She invited you for dinner" "Silver?" *Alfred punches him* See, not ready. Lol.
- Selina. Selina. SELINA. Stop with the damn flips. It's dumb.
- Firefly got a taste of evil.
- Lol Bullock and the crispy guy.
- Selina pointing a gun towards Lee was funny, but Jim coming in and casually walking towards the fridge was hilarious.
- Bruce, don't fall for the pussy trap.
- Nigma dun g00fed
- Indian Hill? Oh boy.

Apoc29

lLnUl15.jpg

It seemed like this show had a tendency to quickly kill villains off. But then I realized that Scarecrow is still around, Joker's not really Joker, and Firefly now has a chance to come back. Lots of people for Gordon to watch bumble into their own contraptions.

Dennis

Banned
Wow, best episode yet.

Dat ending. Dat preview.

They weren't kidding when they said Season 2 would be a lot darker than the first season, gackdamn.

OMG why am I laughing when a guy is about to be hanged. The dark humor of this show. lol

Butch needs to have different hand every episode lol

Looking forward to this secret facility of "super humans"

damn next episode is gonna be HOT

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Episode was okay. It had some good moments, but overall it was pretty average.

I'm so glad Galavan and his crew are in this season. I find them 100x more entertaining than any of the mob stuff (Penguin included) from last season. I hope we get more of Theo giving a painfully scripted moment to the people of Gotham.

Butch with the mallet hand is just the type of weirdly dark thing I would expect from this show. I hope they change it out for other weapons every once in awhile.

I'm also glad they didn't kill of Firefly. I hate when shows kill of villains so easily. Might as well keep her in your back pocket for later.

Roy is who I immediately thought of. Couldn't stop laughing at how unnecessary it was.

We also totally need a gif of Alfred knocking down Bruce. Preferably with that POW pop up.

Same! I expected a Roy/Selina unnecessary flip mashup gif by now.

And that Alfred idea is perfect. By the end of the season we'll have amassed a pretty substantial Alfred Child Abuse gif collection.

Top Bottom