• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Bruce you could've still at least saved some of the information from the envelope...

Crazy Gotham is still best Gotham, Nygma has gotten fun to watch in a fucked up sort of way, him and the Penguin getting together is going to be interesting. I believed Barbara was going to be dead for about a second when they showed the trees/bushes that were below her while falling I figured it'd break her fall.

Ithil

If you sell me your company, you can have whatever's in this box!

image39.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wasn't a fan of this episode, aside from the Bruce and Galavan moments. It felt like the writers were spinning their wheels with everyone.

Penguin & Riddler was a nice stinger though.

Loved seeing Riddler and Penguin together. And LOL at the scene where the strike team was suiting up. Couldn't help but laugh.

Another episode without some patented Alfred child abuse. What's going on? Did they realise it was getting out of hand?

Halcyon

When does Gotham take place anyway? A lot of stuff seems old timey but I feel we've seen cell phones bofore...

I ask myself this everytime I watch the show.

I get confused because Nygma scenes and at the station I start viewing the show through the 50/60's, but then they'll throw it to some more modern feel when they switch to Penguin.

Also I'm getting a little tired of Bruce being so whiney. I know he's never going to grow up and become Batman on the show but seeing this little pencil thin kid crying about something constantly bothers me.

Epcott

I feel like they keep it super ambiguous on purpose. It's a cool stylistic choice.

Yeah, I like the old cars, and even the black and white television from a previous episode.

The Barbara fall redeemed the episode for me. Was crossing into silliness, especially with the consistently incompetent GCPD.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
They're totally just aping the style from Batman: TAS. Which is 100% fine by me. I love it. They have some pretty modern tech/gadgets, but then still use flip phones, typewriters, big CRT computer monitors, and 4:3 TV's.

Epcott

They're totally just aping the style from Batman: TAS. Which is 100% fine by me. I love it. They have some pretty modern tech/gadgets, but then still use flip phones, typewriters, big CRT computer monitors, and 4:3 TV's.

With that said, the thing that pisses me off about this show (though a bit unreasonable) is that they neeeever show Bruce watching Gray Ghost. I'd love to see a scene with him and Alfred walking out of an old theater after seeing a Gray Ghost movie. But nope.

With that said, the thing that pisses me off about this show (though a bit unreasonable) is that they neeeever show Bruce watching Gray Ghost. I'd love to see a scene with him and Alfred walking out of an old theater after seeing a Gray Ghost movie. But nope.

Its one of the easiest things to implement to, you could even seriously throw in a scene of Thomas and Bruce watching it in a flashback and literally go anywhere with it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Its one of the easiest things to implement to, you could even seriously throw in a scene of Thomas and Bruce watching it in a flashback and literally go anywhere with it.
That would be fucking rad. MY CS:GO ID is Gray Ghost and my avatar is the title card from the animated series. Like, even if they just cut to Bruce and he has the TV on in the background with it on, then turns it off as Alfred walks in or whatever, that'd be neat.

Alpende

Man, the cops in that strike team are bad at shooting. How many are left in that team, seems like every episode 1 or 2 get shot or killed.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Slowly catching up with the season.

I just saw the fifth episode and HAD to make a GIF of this scene.

7vWhEWj.gif

This season is fucking ruthless and I love it.

Slowly catching up with the season.

I just saw the fifth episode and HAD to make a GIF of this scene.

7vWhEWj.gif

This season is fucking ruthless and I love it.

Probably the craziest show on TV. Someone else said in the thread (and I agree with them) that Gotham is unique in building a setting where choosing to be Batman is an entirely rational decision.

Altairre

So I can totally understand the people who dislike this show but I personally love the craziness and the weird shifts in tone. The start of the first season was absolutely awful, just an incredibly bland procedural with uninteresting villains and characters that were just there to make the most obvious references. Since it went into "no fucks given" mode it has become my favorite one of the superhero shows (apart from Daredevil) and I hope they keep up that pace throughout this season.

Meier

This season is really good -- we're a bit behind but that scene where Butch is getting whipped by Tabby with her in that corset thing... 😱

Oops, poor Bridgit.

This season is great. It's not the best TV show ever, but the insanity makes it really fun to watch. Without remembering much of the show, it does feel like a brutal Batman TAS show come to life.

Oddduck

I think my favorite comic book shows are Daredevil, Gotham, and The Flash. (honorable mention to iZombie, which is enjoyable).

I think Arrow has always been overrated, and the best thing about Supergirl right now is the lead actress because she's so adorable.

You can list the three best actors of any other DC comic book show, and they don't stack up to the 3 best actors on Gotham. And most comic book shows don't come close to the cinematography, production design, and costume design like Gotham does.

I think my favorite comic book shows are Daredevil, Gotham, and The Flash. (honorable mention to iZombie, which is enjoyable).

I think Arrow has always been overrated, and the best thing about Supergirl right now is the lead actress because she's so adorable.

You can list the three best actors of any other DC comic book show, and they don't stack up to the 3 best actors on Gotham. And most comic book shows don't come close to the cinematography, production design, and costume design like Gotham does.

While I like Gotham, I haven't seen anyone there being as convincing as Tom Cavangah on Flash. I'm not trying to knock any of the actors on Gotham down with this, but he was really, really good at the end of the season. Cameron Monaghan came close with his proto Joker, but he was killed off way too soon, while James Frain's Theo Galavan is still absolutely vanilla in comparison. Even Damien Darhk on Arrow seems more threatening than Galavan. Gotham also has the downside of having kids on the show.

That said, the rest of the villains, aside from Fish (who's luckily gone now), are still very fun to watch.

I'm still laughing at Bullock's great "what's wrong with these people?!"

Finally Riddler joins up with the main storyline. Him and Penguin togther is going to be insane.

Yeah, that's going to be amazing.

Probably the craziest show on TV. Someone else said in the thread (and I agree with them) that Gotham is unique in building a setting where choosing to be Batman is an entirely rational decision.

LOL yeah.

Bluth54

Galavan's big plan was to get Bruce Wayne to sign over Wayne Enterprises to him, but Bruce Wayne is a minor and Alfred is his guardian, wouldn't Alfred have to sign over the rights to Wayne Enterprise even though Bruce owns it? Typically minors can't enter contracts, though I'm not sure how often a minor finds themselves owning a multi-billion dollar company and want to sell it.

And yet it so good because it is pushing that point without having full on Joker and such running amuck(its close but not at that level yet).
Also helps cut back "all the real villains suddenly showing up thanks to Batman" trope.

gblues

Banned
Gotham has really exceeded my expectations from early S1 impressions.

Really not feeling Galavan at all though. He looks like a sinister version of detective Lasseter from Psych, and almost as incompetent.

Really not feeling Galavan at all though. He looks like a sinister version of detective Lasseter from Psych, and almost as incompetent.

Coincidentally Timothy Omundson is "King Richard" on Galavant.

I feel like that actor would be a great Damien Darhk.

Riddler's been carrying the show this season so far, though.

Top Bottom