• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

"You're good enough, you're smart enough, and dog garn it, people will die"

you-is-kind.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Eduardo Flamingo.

He's from the comic books.

While this version was interesting and had the whole "eating" thing going on as well, Comic version was a match for Batman and Robin, I think both at the same time. Multiple fights where they had to retreat, though it's been a long time since that arc
wasn't Jason Todd and the Prof Pyg doll girl involved in that arc too?

Luigi87

... So, just throwing this out there, but they just killed two black cops in a span of five minutes.
(Well, the guy may have just been security, but still)

Penguin

1. I don't get how Gotham is an 8pm show... it is brutal

2. This was one of the best eps of the show's run to me.

3. Next week looks intense

Kifimbo

... So, just throwing this out there, but they just killed two black cops in a span of five minutes.

They killed about a hundred cops since the start of the show, so statistically it was bound to happen eventually.

Anyway, this second season is so much better. The first one was a decent introduction to the show, the city and some characters, but the "use a new villain every week" strategy didn't work really well.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Proceeded by shitload of other cops, in just this episode! Not sure on your point. Cops dies early and often on Gotham.

Effect

Yeah I don't think we can accuse Gotham of that. They kill so many people, everyone is pretty much fair game. Remember all the backup was white I think and they just got taken out without much issue. I could see the female officer (at least she got a significant role in the story) dying though as soon as they agreed with her making sure Flamingo gets locked up. It was a matter of how it was going to happen and now what will Gordon be thinking going forward.

I think the rookies should turn and run away if they see Barnes or Gordon in the area. Yeah they haven't been corrupted yet but their life expectancy is really short.

Luigi87

Proceeded by shitload of other cops, in just this episode! Not sure on your point. Cops dies early and often on Gotham.

Yeah I don't think we can accuse Gotham of that. They kill so many people, everyone is pretty much fair game. Remember all the backup was white I think and they just got taken out without much issue. I could see the female officer (at least she got a significant role in the story) dying though as soon as they agreed with her making sure Flamingo gets locked up. It was a matter of how it was going to happen and now what will Gordon be thinking going forward.

I think the rookies should turn and run away if they see Barnes or Gordon in the area. Yeah they haven't been corrupted yet but their life expectancy is really short.

Yeah I'm not really accusing Gotham of anything, just that they killed them both in immediate succession, rather than over the ep.
This isn't like Agents of SHIELD where there can be only one apparently <_<

Anywho, really good episode. Lots of action, and looking forward to what the hell is gonna happen next.
Also whatever Selena has on Silver.

inm8num2

It barely looked like those four or five cops were trying to pull Flamingo off of Parks. Might have been able to save her. Then some other cop just randomly hitting him with a nightstick. I dunno, that scene was weird to me.

Tabby

I would not want to be a cop in Gotham. Actually I don't know how anyone can still want to live in Gotham with the amount of shit that goes down every week.

I'm glad Jim is not a Boy Scout. Love him killing those bad guys. I guess he reached his Arrow moment on not to kill &#128543;
Dear me. That brutal way to die. Getting bitten and bleeding out

I hope Edward shouldn't be psycho like joker. He needs to stand on his own
Is that the League?

No Bullock what the heck.

Penguin

I think mostly because

1)they ditched the case of the week format... though I wouldn't mind it every now and then to break up the action

2) They don't try to force plots to intersect... like you don't have Gordon randomly going to Wayne Manor to consult with Bruce.

Oddduck

I think mostly because

1)they ditched the case of the week format... though I wouldn't mind it every now and then to break up the action

2) They don't try to force plots to intersect... like you don't have Gordon randomly going to Wayne Manor to consult with Bruce.

I was reading an interview, and there was another big lesson they learned from Season 1.

They realized they needed to have the villians interacting with each other more often. Sharing scenes with each other more often.

In Season 1, some of the characters would never share scenes with each other. You would never see Victor Zsasz and Penguin in the same scene in Season 1. But in Season 2, every character seems to be crossing paths or bumping into each other, and we're getting some AMAZING scenes because of this.

Mariolee

Absolutely loved this episode. The body count is insane. I am really really really hoping the police chief isn't going to reveal he's actually a bad guy at some point. Gordon needs some wins now and again. The death of Parks was just heartbreaking.

This show really has brought it's A-game since coming back for Season 2.

G-Fex

Gordon needs to think better.

Would he really be haunted by the face of that asshole who is a cop killer? Nah. Should've shot him.

Top Bottom