• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

shoreu

Couldn't you argue that the show's message has always been this -- even back in season 1?

In Season 1 episode 1, Bullock asked Gordon to put a bullet in Penguin's head, but he chose not to do it.

How many people has Penguin killed because Gordon chose not to kill him? How many more people will Penguin kill when Bruce finally becomes Batman?

What about Batman's "No Kill" rule? The Joker keeps escaping Arkham, and keeps going on mass murder sprees, because Batman refuses to kill The Joker. How many lives would have been saved if Batman had just killed The Joker? You call it a shitty message, but that message sums up everything about Batman.

Batman has said that there can't just be one. If he kills joker he knows he won't stop.

Veelk

Banned
Arguing about best Alfred?

Guys. Please.

JSD1d99.jpg

769f6MO.jpg

5CM05Vw.jpg

Pmr0gxu.jpg

YTXGUtL.jpg

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
just watched 3 episodes and i thought i was caught up, but looks like Hulu is a week behind.

going to watch episode 9 now, but holy crap this show got way good! there was some stupidity but its easy to overlook now since most of it has been really fun

psychotron

Couldn't you argue that the show's message has always been this -- even back in season 1?

In Season 1 episode 1, Bullock asked Gordon to put a bullet in Penguin's head, but he chose not to do it.

How many people has Penguin killed because Gordon chose not to kill him? How many more people will Penguin kill when Bruce finally becomes Batman?

What about Batman's "No Kill" rule? The Joker keeps escaping Arkham, and keeps going on mass murder sprees, because Batman refuses to kill The Joker. How many lives would have been saved if Batman had just killed The Joker? You call it a shitty message, but that message sums up everything about Batman.

I think you may need to have a talk with Morgan from TWD.

I think I'd experience my first real disappointment with Gotham this season if they actually have Bruce find his parent's killer and it really is the result of some vast conspiracy. The Wayne murders play best when they really are random. If there's a face, a group for Bruce to blame, it robs his drive of the scope it's supposed to have. He'd devote himself to tearing down him/them, not crime as a whole.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So this is happening again this week. Is this the mid-season finale? I have no idea when any of them are. So I have to keep asking.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This week's episode is the episode before the mid season finale.
Cool. Now I don't have to ask again.
Did Bruce and Selina... Oh damn. I don't think I watched the second half of the last episode.
EDIT : No wait... I think I did. Ughhhhh.

Top Bottom