• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Fatalah

With last night's episode, I became a real fan of the kid actor playing Bruce. He's been acceptable as young Bruce, but it's been really difficult to envision him turning into the Bale/Keaton Bruce Wayne we all know. But after last night's performance, I see it.

8XtHNJ2.png

Altairre

Galavan beating the shit out of Gordon was my favoirte moment of that episode. It totally makes sense that he would know how to fight but I just never really thought about it. Wasn't big on Galavan when this season started but I've come around on him.

Altairre

Haha, looks awesome. I've really liked Season 2 so far, Theo Galavan has been a great villian and I like the pace they moved all the different storylines at. Gotham is still goofy, but it's a good goofy.

I think the important thing is that it knows it's goofy and embraces that without going too far in one or the other direction. They manage to balance the goofiness with the the dark and gritty really well.

I think the important thing is that it knows it's goofy and embraces that without going too far in one or the other direction. They manage to balance the goofiness with the the dark and gritty really well.

Exactly, it's the same way The Flash embraces how cheesy it can be at times and as a result has been delievering some really fun episodes for the past month or so.

OMG. This season, this fucking season. Wow. I knew it was Bruce´s plan. I thought at first it was Alfred´s but i thought it was about time for Bruce to show how cunning he can be. The fight at the whore house was intense. Alfred the boos. And damn Galavan can fight.

Ha spoilers, but Gotham's version of the big team-up

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUi0K5RVEAA1DDB.jpg:large

Goddamn that looks amazing. Best show on tv atm.

Galavan is not playing around damn...

And omg I hope they keep Tigress for long term. I can't get enough of her scenes. Jessica Lucas is soooo good.

mm04

This show is so good. I love that it's so full-on comic book over the top. And Alfred, man, woman or child, none are safe from his fists of fury.

Malmorian

Sweet Jesus! Last two episodes have been amazingly good, I'm shocked how quickly this show grew into it's own. From all the superhero shows i'm watching, this is now at the top of the list for the 1st time.

And Gordon. Gordon. What a beast. Does Gotham even need a Batman?

With last night's episode, I became a real fan of the kid actor playing Bruce. He's been acceptable as young Bruce, but it's been really difficult to envision him turning into the Bale/Keaton Bruce Wayne we all know. But after last night's performance, I see it.

The black turtle-neck last week with this plotting this week...
Yup, kid is Bruce Wayne now in my eyes.

Come so far since I basically despised him in the previews for S1(dat scream)

Good episode, really good. Bruce finally turned into what resembles a character for the first time. I hope Theo gets the same treatment soon. The only part that annoyed me this week were the kinda fast cuts during the fights and especially during the last fight. I'm sure it was done to hide the facets of the stuntmen, but it was a bit distracting.

I also have to praise the cinematography and the sets in general. It's really, really good and a huge step up from the other superhero shows.

Just watched the episode now...

Silver: Bruce, those things you said earlier... I believed you.
Bruce: Yes. That was the point.

DAMN SON.

Lil' Bruce just took a whole new level in badass.

I'd say that Silver is being totally above-board about the Malone thing, but I suspect that Galavan fed her a fake name. Bruce uses the Matches Malone name in the future as a result of his trophy-collecting habit.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Just watched the episode now...

DAMN SON.

Lil' Bruce just took a whole new level in badass.

I'd say that Silver is being totally above-board about the Malone thing, but I suspect that Galavan fed her a fake name. Bruce uses the Matches Malone name in the future as a result of his trophy-collecting habit.

Matches Malone was a real dude before Batman steals his identity, though, and I doubt they would set up Bruce getting a name just to reveal that it was fake anyway.

Lmao I loved the interrogation scene, it was like watching bugsy or something. These little kids in such a grown up situation

Season is so good this year

Apoc29

B Wayne bringing the pain, YES!

Theo Galavan pulling off some M. Bison moves.

This show is on fire. Goofy as heck, but so much fun.

I saw it coming but Bruce was ice cold, damn. That was a damn good scene.

that shit eating grin Gordon got when he said that the case he was assigned was connected to the monks was hilarious

also someone just give Jessica Lucas some hotness award
the fight was pretty great too

Re-purpose this, make it a different color, add her name to it and send her one. Because wow...
109349_z1.jpg

Another great thing about yesterday's ep was the fight scene in the massage parlor. I'm normally not a fan of hard cuts in fights, but they did such a stellar job there. Felt more like... visual punctuation than anything else; throw, cut, throw, cut, hard hit, cut, soft hit hard hit, cut. Fantastic.

Ithil

The actress playing Selina looks a little bit weird to me. She does look like Michelle Pfeiffer, A LOT. But she has like the face of an adult in the body of a kid. Maybe it's the make up, but sometimes it creeps me out.

It's because her eyes are extremely far apart. It makes her whole face look strange.

Another great thing about yesterday's ep was the fight scene in the massage parlor. I'm normally not a fan of hard cuts in fights, but they did such a stellar job there. Felt more like... visual punctuation than anything else; throw, cut, throw, cut, hard hit, cut, soft hit hard hit, cut. Fantastic.

eh, needed to hold the shots a few frames longer.

Ishida

Banned
It's because her eyes are extremely far apart. It makes her whole face look strange.

Mmhh.. Yeah, I think that's it.

She still wears too much make up, though. I know they are going for the whole "glamorous street thief" look, but she's a kid. No need to try and make her look like an adult. I think sometimes they go too far in their effort to make her look like Michelle Pfeiffer.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
That kid is going to be either an spectacularly gorgeous adult or a rather peculiar looking one.

With that said, her Selina has won me over during this season.

Oddduck

She deserves a lot of credit.

For someone who had no prior acting experience before Gotham, the actress playing Selina Kyle has been doing solid work in all of her scenes this season.

You can tell that all of the actors this season are much more comfortable in their roles, compared to last season.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
She deserves a lot of credit.

For someone who had no prior acting experience before Gotham, the actress playing Selina Kyle has been doing solid work in all of her scenes this season.

You can tell that all of the actors this season feel much more comfortable in their roles.

Fuck, it took one season and half for lil Wayne to be other than a hateable twat.

At some point I was praying they could recast his ass, but the latest episode made me reconsider things.

This show really held itself up throughout this season. Don't get me wrong, it started with a BANG with mini-Joker and I think they killed him and the Maniax way too soon, with the show dipping since then, but it has been a great show this season. Bruce growing some balls, I'm with it.

Halcyon

Fuck, it took one season and half for lil Wayne to be other than a hateable twat.

At some point I was praying they could recast his ass, but the latest episode made me reconsider things.

He was entering the realm of annoying whiny child actor for a bit to me, but last nights episode helped a bit.

Top Bottom