• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

I clipped a bit at the beginning and could've cut the size down by a third by cutting the end when it zooms closer up but I liked the cape part so I kept it.

S2YOjRb.gif

I love 80% of his costume. Upper Body, Head and Greaves. But those goddamn pants

Oddduck

lilith convinced me to check back into this show a bit ago since i was complaining about the lack of good live action Riddlers. I skipped the rest of last season(might go back to that eventually) but loved every minute of this season. The episode where Nygma set up that series of riddles to get Gordon arrested was great and I can't wait to see what else they'll do with the character.

The actor who plays Nygma has been knocking it out of the park this season.

All of his scenes have been so fun to watch.

Great episode! Gotham is just such a fun ride. There is no template, and that's what I love about it. Anything can happen in Gotham City.

Hugo Strange really shined in the most recent episode, I loved all of his scenes. Azrael was fun and Bruce was definitely inspired by it. Nygma + Penguin also very good.

I'm actually afraid that season 3 will lose all of this momentum that season 2 has built up. The show has gotten so good, I would hate to see the summer break destroy it.

He's so good.

Edit: That music at the end with Nygma when he was looking for the secret door in the most recent ep, got me rolling lol.

Which reminds me, I love how he got in an utterly perfect "I knew that you knew" during that scene where Gordon came to him LOL. That was such a great tense scene.

The only thing I kind of would have liked at the beginning of that scene was a little unexpected surprise recognition from Ed (maybe talking to himself) that Gordon would have actually trusted him by coming to him to go with what he said in the last scene. It would have been an interesting touch.

Daredevil S2 was on another level from S1 in the sense that it fell of a damn cliff, I guess. No way I'd rank Daredevil's average above JJ's. Only really great parts of DD S2 were the ones with
Fisk

I'd call this fair if we're taking averages of all available seasons, though Arrow should be a little higher and AoS should be hanging out around #5. Gotham should be an easy lock for #1 or #2, above Flash but maybe below JJ.

Actually I guess I wouldn't call it fair at all, lol.

I disagree with that statement but it's your opinion. There was just so many stuff that was better in S2 I mean yeah JJ was better comparing S1s but man all the shit that happened in S2 was just amazing and Punisher was just amazing. I mean they're going to make Punisher series now cause of his performance.

I disagree with that statement but it's your opinion. There was just so many stuff that was better in S2 I mean yeah JJ was better comparing S1s but man all the shit that happened in S2 was just amazing and Punisher was just amazing. I mean they're going to make Punisher series now cause of his performance.

What do you mean "going?" We already got the first season. That they named it Daredevil season 2 is of no object.

:p

But seriously though, while the Punisher stuff was okay, it really did sort of usurp the main character position, especially considering how incredibly weak all of the actual Daredevil-centric material was. Karen and Foggy drama combined with Elektra: World's Least Interesting Assassin did not for a great season make.
Fisk
was really the only redeeming element, for me.

Azrael stuff was pretty much a quick little look at how batman would work in the show. Interesting how he's basically the lynchpin for bruce's batman inspiration now haha

Oh yeah, that escape and the way he watched it was so good. The music was perfect too.

The Bruce stuff has been fantastic.

Ishida

Banned
I haven't watched this show, but I did saw last night episode for about 20 minutes, and I have a question, when I was seen this it felt that the style was close to that of Tim Burtons Batman (not talking design wise, but there was something to it) it this is just me, or this is intentional?

Yeah, I've said this for quite a while. Gotham's writters/art designers are CLEARLY fans of the Burtonverse.

2FIoAi0.png

Also:
gotham-jerome-dies-joker.jpg

Young_Jack_Napier.jpg

Misha

Banned

Absolutely. I was pretty cautious about him when he was more timid and then with the multiple personality but it came together amazingly this season.

I wonder how they could set him up with a proper adversary though. Maybe someone like Lucius helping out Gordon/the police? Gordon is cool and all but I don't really see him as someone who would have a chance at outsmarting him.

Also cool that we get to see how a batman would work in this world without actually having batman. Definitely takes a suspension of disbelief but so many things do in this show (like how is nygma not getting caught on security cameras?) and it does good at making you not want to ask those questions

Time to continue the crazy goodness!

Edit: Arkham gonna Arkham, right on Bullock.
Shredded papers ofcourse, whoops.

Wait, the warrant is that specific about just his office? LOL

Azrael swagging around. "Hmm, what good are you?" Slice.

Haha, yeah well when you put it like that Selina it is a pretty crazy idea!

Edit: Gordon, did you just give HER the sword that easily?

DAAAAMN!

TreIII

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

Bumping into each other in that ventilation system. Figured it would happen, but the execution was still funny as hell!

Top Bottom