• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Epcott

I feel like I'm watching a live action Arkham Asylum in the GCPD...

And just how many tines is GCPD going to be infiltrated lol. Every other week there's a slaughter in there.

B.K.

So Gordon isn't going to become commissioner because he earned it. He's going to get the position because he's going to be the only cop Gotham has left.

Ponn

Banned
I burst out laughing at his crash into the van on live tv. And the reporter was so apathetic sounding about it all.

Effect

I feel like I'm watching a live action Arkham Asylum in the GCPD...

And just how many tines is GCPD going to be infiltrated lol. Every other week there's a slaughter in there.

This. It was an interesting and deadly twist on what Batman does on the regular.

Didn't expect them to address Gordon's actions this way. He still knows what he did though. Barnes though....

When I take a step back and look at where this show is now, it's fucking amazing. Everyone is always on the top of their game. The perfect Riddler, the perfect Penguin, the perfect Strange, and on. Batman isn't in it, but everything screams Gotham City.

I bet the actor playing Galavan was happy to cut loose and be bashit crazy.He's way cooler without a stuffy suit.

I'm hoping for a Mad Hatter appearance next season, now that they've practically yelled out an origin for him.

Damn damn damn what a good episode. I was so giddy when Bruce was watching Azreal in the cape, leaping around and you could see the wheels turning in his head.

VanWinkle

Even AV Club gave this episode a B+. Of course, then they throw this into the headline: "Gotham briefly remembers that it's okay to have fun."

How are there any cops left in Gotham when the precinct gets weekly massacres from villains?

I burst out laughing at his crash into the van on live tv. And the reporter was so apathetic sounding about it all.

To imagine the kind of shit Gotham reporters see on a daily basis when the un-dead mayor falls onto a van on live TV and gets maybe a raised eyebrow at most...

If they brought back Galavan and he was bat shit crazy... you guys know what this means!!

XklC6aB.jpg

JEROME!!

Yup, Gotham is the best DC based show on TV. Disappointing how few people here posted about it though. :(

Great episode. Unless Flash steps it up these last few episodes I'm thinking Gotham might have the better season 2.

Gotham would have to utterly shit to bed in its remaining few episodes. Flash is a victim of the inherent stupidity characters of all the Berlanti DC shows suffer from and it's getting so bad no amount of fun is able to make up for it. I got more enjoyment watching this last episode of Gotham than I have the last two or three episodes of The Flash combined.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Yup, Gotham is the best DC based show on TV. Disappointing how few people here posted about it though. :(

Gotham would have to utterly shit to bed in its remaining few episodes. Flash is a victim of the inherent stupidity characters of all the Berlanti DC shows suffer from and it's getting so bad no amount of fun is able to make up for it. I got more enjoyment watching this last episode of Gotham than I have the last two or three episodes of The Flash combined.
I agree with EVERYthing you've said.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm catching up right now, I wanted to leave a stack of episodes for when this show was finally back from its break. Just finished Episode 17 earlier tonight. Wow, everything in that one just worked. I really thought they would stretch out everything with Ed, but nope. They just totally went for it. And Penguin on some Hannibal Lecter shit...damn! This show walks such a thin line between campy and hilariously brutal. If it swung in one direction, it wouldn't work. But they're doing it right.

Epcott

I had a problem with them introducing Azrael too soon at first (I guess a part of me still hopes this show is around long enough to for Bruce to become Batman), but like always (like with Jerome) the writers pulled it off. Was a bit weird to see Azrael influence Bruce, but I guess this will fast track his transformation.

Oh man at the Flash hate :D I've actually been loving its second season.

Enosh

- A|V Club Review: Gotham briefly remembers that it’s okay to be fun.
what the fuck are those guys smoking when they watch Gotham?

also the police station scene was just like something out of the Arkham games, complete with the goons going "where did he go"

Asbel

Sölf;202505365 said:
This fucking show.

Also, dat last shot. That was insanely good. We officially Batman now.
The villains are so good, they don't don't even need Batman. They carry the
universe themselves.

Sölf;202505365 said:
This fucking show.

Also, dat last shot. That was insanely good. We officially Batman now.

Which is so telling in and of itself.

In the hands of the right production team, with good writers, you CAN bring Bats to television. I suppose the only hold up is fucking Warner Bros, though.

Effect

Which is so telling in and of itself.

In the hands of the right production team, with good writers, you CAN bring Bats to television. I suppose the only hold up is fucking Warner Bros, though.

I think that was always the case. Doing Batman on TV was never the issue. Even Superman is clearly doable as shown by Supergirl and even back with Lois and Clark and Smallville. It's really WB not wanting it to happen but instead happen in the movies. WB could have massively large hit shows on TV/Cable if they allowed Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman shows to be made in this era of TV with the appropriate budgets and primetime slots. Not watered down. They don't have to go all Game of Thrones but the level Gotham is at is enough.

Penguin

This is something that popped up with BvS as well

And I think folks need to differ between something "being fun" and "having fun" with something. I think I have a ton of fun with Gotham because it has such an unique sense of humor, but it's never really fun. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's not trying to tell THAT type of story.

But it knows how to tell the one it wants and it does a bang up job with it!

Oddduck

The only great Berlanti DC show (in my opinion) is The Flash.

I just caught up with Legends of Tomorrow this past weekend. It's okay but nothing special.

Gotham > Supergirl, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow

Top Bottom