• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

I hope there is some cool paint items or other gifts on Christmas day :D

And happy Christmas eve to UK Gaffers!

Edit: And overpowered cars are no fun. I just lapped someone on a championship race with my 1000BHP Viper.

UFRA

So I thought there was an actual "rewind" option for replays now?

I only found a "return to start" button which is OK, but still maintains the issue of me watching a 5 minute replay, only to miss the exact moment I wanted and now I have to watch the whole replay over again....

Am I missing something?

expy

Banned
UFRA said:
So I thought there was an actual "rewind" option for replays now?

I only found a "return to start" button which is OK, but still maintains the issue of me watching a 5 minute replay, only to miss the exact moment I wanted and now I have to watch the whole replay over again....

Am I missing something?
There was never a rewind confirmed, they only said restarting.

UFRA

expy said:
There was never a rewind confirmed, they only said restarting.

Ah ok, damn hype and speculation news stories. lol

In other news, I bought a Lister Storm V12 Race Car from the Used Dealership. One of my favorite cars in previous GT's, and ohhhhhhhh it's so good. :D

LabouredSubterfuge said:

Funny thing I noticed is, back in 2008 when Kaz mentioned negotiations with Porsche, you can tell the guy was gonna bend over and do 10-12 Premium Porsches like Ferrari given his love for the brand, but once negotiations fell through, it was like "ah fuck it, forget contacting RUF for new models, just throw the ones thats are already in GT4 and get it over with"

:(

darkwing

criesofthepast said:
Can someone help a noob (me) out with my DFGT settings? The wheel is all over the place when I drive. It moves by itself. I don't know what setting to adjust so that it doesn't do that. I know it may be realistic for the wheel to go nuts when you spin out but I don't want it on. And I have weak arms so I can't fight the wheel all the time.

turn on power steering

loving the Seasonal bonus races! It is how all of the races in the game should have been. I love not being able to over-tune or get a much better car to blow away the competition in the main game. I have only managed to get silver on every challenge. Not sure why I am unable to get gold but it is sure fun trying!

KingOfKong said:
loving the Seasonal bonus races! It is how all of the races in the game should have been. I love not being able to over-tune or get a much better car to blow away the competition in the main game. I have only managed to get silver on every challenge. Not sure why I am unable to get gold but it is sure fun trying!
aero kits?

Shaneus

criesofthepast said:
Can someone help a noob (me) out with my DFGT settings? The wheel is all over the place when I drive. It moves by itself. I don't know what setting to adjust so that it doesn't do that. I know it may be realistic for the wheel to go nuts when you spin out but I don't want it on. And I have weak arms so I can't fight the wheel all the time.

I don't know if you can have it so there's force feedback but it doesn't spin, but I found out last night that if you just have the USB connected, it'll act like a regular wheel without the force feedback. I didn't test the pedals but I'd assume they'd work, too.

darkwing

Shaneus said:
I don't know if you can have it so there's force feedback but it doesn't spin, but I found out last night that if you just have the USB connected, it'll act like a regular wheel without the force feedback. I didn't test the pedals but I'd assume they'd work, too.

just turn on Power Steering, modern cars have it too

TTG

THERE ARE NEW BONUS RACES AND TIME TRIALS/DRIFT TRIALS UP!

Looks like the same progression in terms of experience points. We got mini cooper S at Cape Ring, Ford Focus ST at Madrid, Mustang at Laguna Seca, RX-7 at Tsukuba and Nascar at Nurburgring. This is awesome!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TTG said:
sirens.gif
sirens.gif

Looks like the same progression in terms of experience points. We got mini cooper S at Cape Ring, Ford Focus ST at Madrid, Mustang at Laguna Seca, RX-7 at Tsukuba and Nascar at Nurburgring. This is awesome!
Fixed for awesome!

HOLY CRAP YEAH! This is the best racing game ever. :D :D :D

Wait, Nascar at Nurburgring?? :lol

darkwing

TTG said:

nuhhhhh and im in a middle of a B-Spec race

anddo0

Approximately how long would it take to finish the Formula GT B-spec championship series?

It sucks that we can't save mid-championship.

New events woot!

brentech

hamchan said:
Also new stuff in the Online Dealership i think. Formula GT is still there, thank god.
I bought mine earlier today. I know some people were hating on it, but I used some basic tuning that I found on GTPlanet and I really liked it for the most part. Gotta be careful on the gas when geared 1-3, but 4-6 you can turn while upshifting and not worry about the tires spinning. Handled really well on some really technical courses.

expy

Banned
quinntendopower said:
i got the red bull finally last night, took almost 2 weeks of day and night b-spec grinding. i wish i had a wheel and pedals and i could probably get the gold challenge version, it seems impossible with a controller.

i made a short video at tsukaba on b-spec, my engine sounds really weird though :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EF-IsaYAZs
It's tough to bronze, even with a wheel. :lol

anddo0

hamchan said:
Also new stuff in the Online Dealership i think. Formula GT is still there, thank god.

Oddly enough it was sitting in my offline dealership just a few minutes ago. I need to stop being cheap and buy it already.

edit: gold in Mini Cooper event!

Time to buy the Formula GT before it's gone.. I bought the CLK today and now they removed it.

dwebo

TTG said:

It's nice that there are new events already but there really needs to be a reward for golding all of them IMO. Maybe a random car level ticket? Once you get past level 20/25 a-spec, only the last one (two?) is decent credits/xp.

TTG

Tried to gold the Mini Cooper bone stock, but kept getting 2nd bumper to bumper with the lead car. Upgraded the suspension and won by 2 seconds.

I hate Madrid though, it's next.

Finally got to open up my Fanatec Carrera Wheel, it is glorious ... but it's not working. I can go through menus just fine but the actual gameplay I don't have any gas/brake/clutch or steering when the game starts.

Is there something I need to do with the Fanatec wheels? Upgrade firmware or something?

Top Bottom