• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

TTG said:
THERE ARE NEW BONUS RACES AND TIME TRIALS/DRIFT TRIALS UP!

Looks like the same progression in terms of experience points. We got mini cooper S at Cape Ring, Ford Focus ST at Madrid, Mustang at Laguna Seca, RX-7 at Tsukuba and Nascar at Nurburgring. This is awesome!

Damn, I don't know whether to be happy or overwhelmed! Haha I am still trying to gold the first bonus races. This game continues to please me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TTG said:

Looks like the same progression in terms of experience points. We got mini cooper S at Cape Ring, Ford Focus ST at Madrid, Mustang at Laguna Seca, RX-7 at Tsukuba and Nascar at Nurburgring. This is awesome!

OMG.

Now I gotta buy more cars. Damn you, Kaz. :lol But at least it gets me to level 21.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
TheSeks said:
OMG.

Now I gotta buy more cars. Damn you, Kaz. :lol But at least it gets me to level 21.
so awesome.

can someone explain the gt academy to me? how many tries to you get? are you just locked out after xx amount of laps?

TheSeks

AdvanS13 said:
can someone explain the gt academy to me? how many tries to you get? are you just locked out after xx amount of laps?

As many as you want within the time (1/24/11 midnight, IIRC) limit.

No you aren't locked out. It's a time-trial contest.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
TheSeks said:
As many as you want within the time (1/24/11 midnight, IIRC) limit.

No you aren't locked out. It's a time-trial contest.
sweet. any ideas on the "free digital content"? just reading about it on the gt.com page.

TTG

Looks like the second race(Madrid) is broken. That or I am complete shit at it for an unknown reason. Get into 2nd place mid-way around the 4th lap and cannot gain on 1st place who is some 15 seconds ahead. Continue to pull away from 3rd, but it doesn't matter. WTF is going on?

Anyone else notice their online dealership refreshed inventory?

I havent checked mine in ages after buying a White FGT and CLK DTM but I just checked and its all new inventory.

And OMFG it has the FGT with McLaren Livery (Grey/Black). You are sooo mine bwahahaha :D

I love you Polyphony!

Omiee

this is bullshit i got to gold the first events on my first try but this is driving me crazy, i cant get better than 2nd place on the nascar and the other events i all get 2nd with 10 or 8 seconds behind the first car, this is bullshit

darkwing

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Anyone else notice their online dealership refreshed inventory?

I havent checked mine in ages after buying a White FGT and CLK DTM but I just checked and its all new inventory.

And OMFG it has the FGT with McLaren Livery (Grey/Black). You are sooo mine bwahahaha :D

I love you Polyphony!

nuuuuuhhh i bought the crappy green one last week :(

TTG

Madrid looks like they just put the wrong car in that starts at 2nd. I can gain on them just fine until it passes first place. In the finishing order I'm almost 16 seconds behind, this is with passing into 2nd place on the THIRD lap????

TheSeks

How the hell are you guys winning Like the Wind with the Furai? The damn thing is outclassed in every way by the GT cars.

TTG

Got gold on Laguna Seca on like the 3rd try, won by 3 seconds. Took some hairy chest man driving, that's always fun. Madrid is pissing me off, it's their fault but it still nags me.

TheSeks

TheSeks said:
How the hell are you guys winning Like the Wind with the Furai? The damn thing is outclassed in every way by the GT cars.

Nevermind, I did it. Holy shit, that's a Rush. Now I gotta worry about Daytona. :lol

TheSeks

weekend_warrior said:
The Daytona Road Course is a hellava lot easier to beat then the Indy oval.

What are the settings? I'm using the Indy tune minus the shocks (reset to default) and using soft tires, but I keep sliding off the track and not catching up to 1/2.

TheSeks said:
What are the settings? I'm using the Indy tune minus the shocks (reset to default) and using soft tires, but I keep sliding off the track and not catching up to 1/2.

For the Furai? No idea, I used a ZR-1 RM. A little extra camber helps with stability, the keeping the dampers/rollbars at about 5 worked for me.

The AI is not very good on that course. The trickiest part is that first turn where all the cars bunch up. It took a few restarts before I could come out in good position, the rest of the lap was spent catching up and passing the cars ahead of me, and after that just a matter of not making a mess out of any turns.

The Vettel challenge is some humbling stuff. I really dont want to grind to level 35 though, i feel like I should man up and do the challenges. Gunna take me days to do it, I just dont have the reflexes for that fucking Grand Prix track. Monza seems managable and I know Suzuka, so that should be too.

TTG

Ok, so the new bonus events went like this:

Mini at Cape Ring - easy gold
Focus ST in Madrid - easy silver, rocket ship 1st place like 16 seconds ahead and pulling away
Mustang at Laguna Seca - easy gold
RX-7 at Tsukuba - managible silver, rocket ship 1st place 20 seconds ahead and I'm inching closer

Gonna try NASCAR at Nurburgring tomorrow. Will enter some endurance race tonight to hopefully burn off the magical engine oil boost so I don't have to waste 500k on a new car. Hopefully there are some answers to wtf is going on with these events by then. I could be using the wrong car at Tsukuba(just bought the most expensive premium RX-7, maybe there's some standard race variant that actually gets close to the 800kg limit?) but Madrid is a complete fucking mystery.

Ploid 3.0

I'm loving these seasonal events. I hope it's so easy for them to dream up and implement new ones so that they can keep pumping them out. So awesome.

dwebo

Sweet, thought I might need to buy a duplicate Mini or Mustang but they end up being different models than the ones I have.

-Amon-

TTG said:

Are the old ones still available ?

Thx

Shaneus

Baffles me why they don't have power restrictions for majority of A-spec races. A car I used for the B-spec GT Cup (to get the Zonda) I'm now using in as many races as possible to rip through A-spec, which is a metric fuckload. Mind you, the High Speed Ring with the RM'ed Corvette is fun as all fuck :D

Mini event done, so awesome! Cut the chicane on the last lap to sneak past 1st and 2nd place :lol

Fuck, if these happen even once a month its ace, but maybe we'll get them weekly? It's great they designed it so they don't need constant patches.

TTG said:
Ok, so the new bonus events went like this:

Mini at Cape Ring - easy gold
Focus ST in Madrid - easy silver, rocket ship 1st place like 16 seconds ahead and pulling away
Mustang at Laguna Seca - easy gold
RX-7 at Tsukuba - managible silver, rocket ship 1st place 20 seconds ahead and I'm inching closer

Gonna try NASCAR at Nurburgring tomorrow. Will enter some endurance race tonight to hopefully burn off the magical engine oil boost so I don't have to waste 500k on a new car. Hopefully there are some answers to wtf is going on with these events by then. I could be using the wrong car at Tsukuba(just bought the most expensive premium RX-7, maybe there's some standard race variant that actually gets close to the 800kg limit?) but Madrid is a complete fucking mystery.

What tweaks did you use for these racers mate, only managed bronze in the first two so far. The second race the front two are just gone.

hamchan

Something weird about that Ford Focus ST race. Guy in first is way too far ahead, always 14-16 secs. Has anyone beaten it yet?

dwebo

hamchan said:
Something weird about that Ford Focus ST race. Guy in first is way too far ahead, always 14-16 secs. Has anyone beaten it yet?
I just came here to complain about it. Best I can do is 2nd, with the Focus RS '02 10-12 sec ahead. I can maybe make a second on him each lap. And he starts off second!

GAH

edit: that car has 4 less HP but an almost 400kg weight advantage.

S68Uc.jpg

I'm liking the choices in the Online Dealership. Bought the R89 and Got to save 1 million for the Judd. Pretty much building a Le Manns collection other then the R10 I gave to a friend.

Arex

Dayum all this stuff and I won't have access to my PS3 till next year, I hope it's still available early Jan :lol
I wanna play already! ;_;

offshore

What's up with the NASCAR Ring race? It says (obviously) use a stock car but the power is restricted to 850bhp, even thought they come with 880-odd? So I can't enter with my Denny Hamlin Camry.

dwebo

smh at the Mustang seasonal event starting almost instantly. So, you mean you had me twiddling my thumbs for a few seconds before every other seasonal event just for shits and giggles? PD, you are a bunch of tards.

Also, judging from the difficulty of the Mini/Mustang events, the Focus one is definitely broken.

offshore said:
What's up with the NASCAR Ring race? It says (obviously) use a stock car but the power is restricted to 850bhp, even thought they come with 880-odd? So I can't enter with my Denny Hamlin Camry.
Hmm, both of mine are under 850 (824 and 849). Did you put in new oil or something?

offshore said:

I'm pretty sure they are 850bhp stock, but if you did an oil change like me, you will be at <880.

Darvan

Question guys has anyone tried the HKS Racing Controller with GT5? I'm really thinking about buy this and i wanted to hear how it was with the game.

Top Bottom