• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
Well, that certainly was fun.

Racing: Soft.
ECU timing
Sports Air.
Sports Manifold
Sports Headers
Sports Exhaust
Sports Converter.
Custom Transmission set to 112 MPH.

Son of a bitch gets up to 90, last corner BRAKE.

"Oh, shit..." (CAR THROWN NEARLY OFF TRACK GOING THREE WHEELS UP)

:lol :lol :lol

That was heart pounding, but I won. Crazy car.

The only reason I didn't was:

1) 1.5 million for a car I already have.
2) That car I already have (for free, mind you) was tuned for Like the Wind Indy.

It'd just be sitting in the garage collecting dust except when I want to oh and ah over it.

(You should totally dupe me the paint so I can paint my red Furai that green. :()
Can't paint Furais. :(

Schmitty

Melfice7 said:
The new seasonals give crappy xp or am i going crazy?
The money is also horrible if you factor in all the costs of the car and tuning.

Are there any prize touring or Super GT cars in A-spec that aren't from the Super GT or Touring events?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
164088_636661704695_201404980_35825798_1042918_n.jpg

Such a pretty car in that color and the interior color doesn't hurt it either. Was this or the Cooper Green Metallic choice to do the seasonal event in. :)

Metalmurphy said:
If all you wanna do is refresh the car lot just go to the licenses. Start at the first then Next > Next > Next > Next > Quit

Dealership filled with new cars.

No, i need money to buy the cars, so it´s five races, 585,000 credits > buying cars > repeat.

brentech

TheSeks said:
164088_636661704695_201404980_35825798_1042918_n.jpg

Such a pretty car in that color and the interior color doesn't hurt it either. Was this or the Cooper Green Metallic choice to do the seasonal event in. :)
I bought it in whatever the color that is essentially baby-blue is called. Looks awesome and can't wait to paint another car with it.

edit: Now I'm kind of excited to see what the interior is like. I haven't tried the events yet, just made sure I had all the cars. Already owned 3 of the 5.

TheSeks

brentech said:
I bought it in whatever the color that is essentially baby-blue is called. Looks awesome and can't wait to paint another car with it.

edit: Now I'm kind of excited to see what the interior is like. I haven't tried the events yet, just made sure I had all the cars. Already owned 3 of the 5.

The interior isn't too great, but the color selection with that color is nice.

The "Reflex"/default paints look nice, but they remind me of those purple painted cars that change color based on the sunlight and where you're viewing the car from: Sort-of tacky but a nice novelty. I had my heart set on the Forest Green/Cooper Green Metalic but this just jumped out.

I generally don't like blue (too dark or too light) but this with the interior color (that you can't change) is really sexy.

It doesn't hurt that the car (even if I had to tune/buy parts to tune it to 413 over the 411 leader in HP) drives damn good on the seasonal track as well. Minus the first turn of the race it can handle all the others at 50MPH pretty well. Just remember to lay off the gas and let it engine brake through the corners/roll through the corners.

Kaz just replied with an "All right" to a post complaining the X1 challenges are too hard. We might see them set easier times in a patch :/

Metalmurphy said:
Kaz just replied with an "All right" to a post complaining the X1 challenges are too hard. We might see them set easier times in a patch :/
As long as they just change the bronze time it's really no bad thing.

Considering what happened to me in last week's event, I guess it has to be me... ^^

Everything is fine when driving the Schwimmwagen in this week's event...

Cape%20Ring%20Periphery.jpg

just chilling with 160 km/h, yay

but hitting the break (while driving straight!) results in flipping the car over the hood :D

Cape%20Ring%20Periphery.jpg

Guess I shouldn't have tuned it but I was amazed that you can change so many parts.
Kinda fun to make "stunts" or balance the car on 1-2 wheels though ^^

Melfice7

Metalmurphy said:

i need 0.100 at suzuka to gold the 3 races.. fuu

Celcius

°Temp. member
I hadn't played in a while so I had about 10 new seasonal races to do. I earned enough cash to buy the 4.7 million credit Audi race car. :)
And I still need to do the 9hr Tsukuba endurance race but just haven't gotten around to it yet...

cilonen

Metalmurphy said:

Woohoo!

I'd resigned myself to spending the next two weeks practising, now I'll wait a while and see what transpires.

One more set of seasonal events and X1 Events are MINE! (I don't grind at all)

I already had a Tuscan Speed 6, I just wish I had modified from day 1, looks great, better than chameleon for sure.

Psychotext said:
You need to stay away from tuning cars. lol

Probably. *insert lol emoticon*

btw. they should add seasonal event that give you much more exp (just add a minimum A-spec level or something).
Gold on all events of this week was not enough to get me from lv28 to 29...
Well, I guess it would be even better to just reduce the exp needed for the last 15 or so levels.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Yes! I'm an uber schwimmwagenist! :D

Got the girl gold with minimal HP upgrades: 1st level engine up, 1st level turbo, oil change, other minor upgrades = 50bhp altogether.

*thumb sore from holding the gas button down for more than half an hour*

blu said:
Yes! I'm an uber schwimmwagenist! :D

Got the girl gold with minimal HP upgrades: 1st level engine up, 1st level turbo, oil change, other minor upgrades = 50bhp altogether.
What tyres did you go with? I found it surprisingly manoeuvrable on sports hard.

blu

Psychotext said:
What tyres did you go with? I found it surprisingly manoeuvrable on sports hard.
Either sports medium or sports soft, not sure (I just shut down my GT station).

TheFatOne

I wanted to play some GT5 today. I know this is really late, but man I can't believe this 600mb patch. It's going to take me an hour and a half to download this thing. That is just fucking ridiculous.

Mush

TheFatOne said:
I wanted to play some GT5 today. I know this is really late, but man I can't believe this 600mb patch. It's going to take me an hour and a half to download this thing. That is just fucking ridiculous.
It's totally worth it. Do you like free money/xp? That's basically what this does.

TheFatOne

Mush said:
It's totally worth it. Do you like free money/xp? That's basically what this does.

That sounds great, but waiting sucks. This is why I should have just updated it this morning when I had the chance.

gluv65 said:
The thread is extremely large and I apologize in advance. I'm looking for a good set of of 3D settings for this game, can anyone help?

Good luck with that, seems 3d on gt5 was an afterthought, big time.
If you like the look of your 3d setup in one view, it looks turd in another.
They need to patch some better, more precise setting in naow!!!!!

Sorry I can't help, but there is a thread on gtplanet, search:"gt5 in 3d".

blu

NullPointer said:
What pray tell is this? And how do I get one?

Looks slippery as hell.
From the TVR dealership, then pay a visit to the Auto shack for a race mod and a paint job. Not sure what paint chip Goldrushet used. I've got mine painted in Porcelain and it looks spectacular.

-viper-

Banned
gluv65 said:
The thread is extremely large and I apologize in advance. I'm looking for a good set of of 3D settings for this game, can anyone help?
I've got a 3D Samsung and I never use the functionality. It makes the black levels look like crap and the image quality looks 2x as worse. The game looks SUB-HD in 3D mode.

Maybe 3D will be good in 3 years when the technology is perfected (much like CCFL LCD TVs are good now, atrocious a few years ago). But there is too much crosstalk, and, awful image quality.

Only movies look good in 3D. Games look terrrrrible.

Unlocked the X1 Special Event last night - LOL. Stupid car and another shit event in GT5 where you have to wait to be able to restart. From the pits. Fucking LAME.

Goldrusher

blu said:
From the TVR dealership, then pay a visit to the Auto shack for a race mod and a paint job. Not sure what paint chip Goldrushet used. I've got mine painted in Porcelain and it looks spectacular.
I think it was Matte Gray. Or Matte Dark Gray. Will check later.

TheSeks

For whoever asked: Yeah, the seasonals this time around are nerfed in money and experince. Seems Kaz heard "too easy" and "NO MORE FREE LUNCH FOR YOU!" :/

SmokyDave

Mush said:
Could you elaborate?

I've been out of the loop for a month due to a broken PS3 (it broke the day before the saves were unlocked. Grrr) and now I'm starting afresh. Free money would be a real help.

Hanmik

SmokyDave said:
Could you elaborate?

I've been out of the loop for a month due to a broken PS3 (it broke the day before the saves were unlocked. Grrr) and now I'm starting afresh. Free money would be a real help.

the online seasonal events is what he is talking about.. lots of XP and Credits .. and they are all easy today, because they have no restrictions (they had restrictions on HP and tires the first couple of weeks).
We are up to five sets of seasonals allready.. the seasonal races last for about 2 or 3 weeks, then they are closed. Each seasonal consists of 6 car restricted races, that gives lots of xp and Credits.. and you also get 2 drift races and 2 timetrials, but they do not award you anything..

Niks

blu said:

Pics?

blu

Man, I had forgotten what hedonistic pleasure DTM cars are. Driving the Alfa in particular is like making love to the tarmac - car and road are one.

edit: here's the Porcelain Speed 6 RM:

more here

filopilo

-viper- said:
I've got a 3D Samsung and I never use the functionality. It makes the black levels look like crap and the image quality looks 2x as worse. The game looks SUB-HD in 3D mode.

Maybe 3D will be good in 3 years when the technology is perfected (much like CCFL LCD TVs are good now, atrocious a few years ago). But there is too much crosstalk, and, awful image quality.

Only movies look good in 3D. Games look terrrrrible.

3d with serious paralax is lost cause on LCDs.
Panasonic plasmas are the only serious actual option.
I posted a really good 3d setting for panasonic somewhere on neogaf.
QUAZ51 posted these settings on beyond3d.

But with such a wide paralax, crostalk will plague any 3d LCD on the market.

BTW , GT5 is really good in 3d with proper setting and dispaly device.

brentech

Guessing they're having some problems then, cause it's a mutli-minute wait between the early screens while it tries to connect. Guess I gotta log out of PSN for the time being

edit: Seems to be back working. That was my first login today though, might of just been a fluke moment of server issue.

Schmitty

Would anyone be willing to lend me any of the newest seasonal cars like the Wagon, Alfa Romeo 8C? I want to get the 10 million trophy and I'm at 8.7 now, so I don't want to spend anything. PM me and I'll give you my tag if you are interested.

Top Bottom