• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

UFRA

jey_16 said:
ok, i'm really struggling with the VW army jeep (what ever its called) seasonal event.....every time i brake, the thing just veers off to the left or right and then it takes forever to get back to a decent speed

i have reduced the weight, stage 1 engine upgrade, high range turbo kit, fully customizable transmission (to increase max speed) and sport soft tyres

what am i missing here?

Adjust the Brake Balance Controller in the Tuning menu.

Turn the F and R brakes down to like 2 or 3 for sensitivity. Sounds like you're braking too hard, that vehicle needs a gentle touch with braking or else it goes crazy.

Ranger X

Why the hell such OT is in community? There's no community / multiplayer thread?
Oh well, I hope someone will answer me before the events are actually gone..

Wich cars do you guys use in the last race in Seasonal Bonus 5 ? I need a premium GT car but I can't find what's on the permitted car list except a used M/ and and used CLK wich I hope won't have to use.
Is there any GT car that are premium??

-viper-

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
And make sure all your driving aids are off. That stuff only slows you down and in slow cars it's pretty terrible.
Is it me or is traction control pretty useless? It only slows down your acceleration if you don't know how to control it properly. At most, I'd use 1. ASM is better if you're driving a car which is widely out of control.

Ranger X said:
Why the hell such OT is in community? There's no community / multiplayer thread?
Oh well, I hope someone will answer me before the events are actually gone..

Wich cars do you guys use in the last race in Seasonal Bonus 5 ? I need a premium GT car but I can't find what's on the permitted car list except a used M/ and and used CLK wich I hope won't have to use.
Is there any GT car that are premium??
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25555165&postcount=7726

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:
Adjust the Brake Balance Controller in the Tuning menu.

Turn the F and R brakes down to like 2 or 3 for sensitivity. Sounds like you're braking too hard, that vehicle needs a gentle touch with braking or else it goes crazy.

Pfft. You don't need to do that. Just slam the brakes, and hold on. I tuned the transmission to 112MPH, went 90 on the track at my highest point and had the car going on 2/1 wheel at certain points.

Just you need to make sure you aren't quickly slamming the brakes and you'll be fine. Be a man. If I can do it on a controller, you can probably do it on a wheel with better gas/brake control with ease.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Pfft. You don't need to do that. Just slam the brakes, and hold on. I tuned the transmission to 112MPH, went 90 on the track at my highest point and had the car going on 2/1 wheel at certain points.

Just you need to make sure you aren't quickly slamming the brakes and you'll be fine. Be a man. If I can do it on a controller, you can probably do it on a wheel with better gas/brake control with ease.

I didn't adjust the brakes at all when I did it. With the wheel/pedals it was easy to brake gently.

I just thought maybe that would help him since it sounds like he's braking violently lol.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I played it with a controller, and there was a single location on the track that required braking finess. Aside from that, there was just one other place that required hard braking at all (but there the vehicle was quite stable) - the rest of the track was pretty much no braking for me.

Pepto

Banned
So I'm having a problem with my Fanatec wheel. When I try to shift using the H-pattern shifter the car goes into neutral and won't shift. The shifting works when I use the paddles.

How do I fix this?

TTG

Decided to break my X1 in at Daytona:

5384140894_3c826d695c_b.jpg

Bouncing off the redline at 311mph, good times. Considering the ease with which it was accelerating, I would think 350ish is possible with a custom gearbox... which lowly bronze prize winners such as myself don't have.

5383536265_eb50ba637e_b.jpg

Only 2 laps later and I'm bored. But, what's this? It's as if one of the redbulls is going the wrong way and a horrible collision has turned two cars into one, weird.

5384140958_cdedd6f5bc_b.jpg

Oh, this is not going well at all. This could be bad.

5384141064_22556e7c39_b.jpg

I'm not sure that fence is high enough, stock cars don't tend to do this from what I've seen...

5383536353_ea99fcfd7b_b.jpg

Just not enough power to escape the gravitational pull to fly into orbit. My hope rests with x2011 or 2012.

5383536411_7f14c252aa_b.jpg

Back down and this time the victim has been compressed into the ground, high levels of downforce!

5383536437_8b4c92b038_b.jpg

Ok, this is getting old. Time to wrap things up.

5383536477_84c7fb4799_b.jpg

Not really Vettel. You wouldn't have landed on your roof if you had wings, maybe just crappy wings? I don't know.

Got my hp up over 1500, that's enough. This was a small reward considering how many hours I spent unlocking the damn thing.

Shaneus

With the speed of which my B-spec drivers run into cars full-noise, scream around corners and draft behind cars around Suzuka in the X1 (and usually struggle to overtake), the theme to The Benny Hill Show won't stop going through my head. The AI and design choices in this game sometimes really are something else :lol

Finally completed all the Endurance Races in B-Spec :D

And my phat PS3 is still alive :lol *knocks on wood*

I got a Level 24 prize token which I assume is either the F2007 or F10?

I checked the SuperGT cars and theyre 20-21 and the Le Mans Prototypes are 23. The X2010 is 40 so thats out of the question :p

I havent redeemed it yet, but im just curious if anyone else got it.

brentech

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Finally completed all the Endurance Races in B-Spec :D
Dammmnnn. Wish I could say I was close. My guys finished a 24hr Le Mans this morning that too BSpec to level 38. Have a feeling there is still a lot more needed. Guh...

brentech said:
Dammmnnn. Wish I could say I was close. My guys finished a 24hr Le Mans this morning that too BSpec to level 38. Have a feeling there is still a lot more needed. Guh...

Took me like 14 days to get from 36-40 :\ 38-40 is especially annoying since finishing a 24hr race only raises your bar a little and youre like "ah shit, how much more 24 hrs do I need to do >_<"

Almost there man, hang in there :)

Anyone else playing GT academy?

I wonder what cars and tracks they will set up for round 2. I know i can´t be in the finals, but i´m playing it just for fun like i did last year.

How do you guys think round 2 is going to be?

brentech

seattle6418 said:
Anyone else playing GT academy?

I wonder what cars and tracks they will set up for round 2. I know i can´t be in the finals, but i´m playing it just for fun like i did last year.

How do you guys think round 2 is going to be?
Been a bit since I've tried to clock any times, but last I checked my overall rank was 1128 for my region. Was actually kind of proud of that when I read that there is only 4 regions...
edit: apparently yesterday was last day for round 1...so that's that, lol

Don't suppose anyone has a Chap J car they're willing to dupe me? I've now refreshed the garage 50 times and I've pretty much lost the will to live.

Will happily swap it for any premium (I have a zero mileage X2010) or maybe a Chap D, Ford Falcon XR8 or Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car.

Psychotext said:
Don't suppose anyone has a Chap J car they're willing to dupe me? I've now refreshed the garage 50 times and I've pretty much lost the will to live.

Will happily swap it for any premium (I have a zero mileage X2010) or maybe a Chap D, Ford Falcon XR8 or Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car.
yeah, I'll dupe you one.

Note to the wise: the Nissan GTR Concept has no fucking cockpit. Even though it's listed as a premium, it has no cockpit option. Un-fucking-believable,this game is schizo.

Shaneus

Psychotext said:
I've now completed 18 full refreshes of the used car dealership with no luck. :(

...now 20...22...24...32...
I remember seeing one in the Used (not Online Collector's) Dealership once. That was before I was loaded like a Commodore 64 disk, though :/

Shaneus

Currently doing the Nurb 4h B-spec, and rather than drop in the X1 I've decided to put in the Escudo Pike's Peak car. Holy shit that thing is an amazing looking beast. Shame it's standard and everything looks painted on like a Nascar :(

brotkasten said:
Great! Do we know anything about the fixes and new features?
B-Spec remote races are the only thing confirmed so far. Pretty sure that won't be the only thing though considering previous patches.

theignoramus said:
yeah, I'll dupe you one.

Note to the wise: the Nissan GTR Concept has no fucking cockpit. Even though it's listed as a premium, it has no cockpit option. Un-fucking-believable,this game is schizo.

That's because it's wip concept. It has no front and back panels either, You gonna complain about that? :p

They could have just re-used the GTR cockpit but they chose not to for a reason.

Pepto

Banned
Pepto said:
So I'm having a problem with my Fanatec wheel. When I try to shift using the H-pattern shifter the car goes into neutral and won't shift. The shifting works when I use the paddles.

How do I fix this?
Anyone?

offshore

brotkasten said:
Great! Do we know anything about the fixes and new features?
I really hope they bring save during championship back in the new patch. I want to do the FGT, but no way can I do it in one go.

Is it a bug that McLaren doesnt give out paint tickets? I swear, I've already gotten/bought 4 cars from them and not a single time I got a paint ticket.

Random: do you guys turn on HDMI RGB to Full? I tried it and GT5 is way too dark as a result. I reverted back to Limited.

TTG

Angelcurio said:
The Sebastian Vettel Challenge is really hard with a pad, specially Suzuka.

Yea, it took me forever to finish Suzuka. Like, 3 times longer than Nurburgring and Monza put together. There's no obvious section where you could gain/lose a lot of time. It's just being consistent and staying with a good racing line. I actually had a 1.08 flat first lap like 2 days before I could string 2 laps together to get a bronze. :/

Dementia

Has anyone else had any trouble getting online in GT5 today? Every time I start it up I get a warning that says "a connection to the server could not be established." Neither psn nor any other online games have a problem. :/

Top Bottom