• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
avaya said:
TO really lock down the events they should demand the cars be stock.

Once you do rigidity, suspension, drive train and transmission improvements it is no contest for all of these events.

Seriously? Because I did body rigidity enforcement (better corners) on the challenger with a small (5 under the HP limit) upgrade to the car and the best I got was 6 even with fly wheel and clutch improvements.

Holy poo-poo, that car drifts through the corners at times. :lol Then on the long straight it whines about being locked to 4th gear.

Such a challenge.

TTG

What's everyone using for the Rome time trial? I'm thinking of buying the z4

Actually, I'm gonna try my lancia first.

G Rom

I now have two 190E !:D

I'll try the new events later but I saw that the GT Academy version of the GT-R SpecV couldn't enter the SSR5 race, fuuuuuuuuuuu !

avaya

TheSeks said:
Seriously? Because I did body rigidity enforcement (better corners) on the challenger with a small (5 under the HP limit) upgrade to the car and the best I got was 6 even with fly wheel and clutch improvements.

Holy poo-poo, that car drifts through the corners at times. :lol Then on the long straight it whines about being locked to 4th gear.

Such a challenge.

Did you give it a new tranmission? Otherwise it hits the limiter at 112mph in 4th.

Getting 2nd on the GT-R event, bringing in 1.29, 1.27 lap times too. It's a great challenge.

Bought my GT-R stock, oil change, the all the weight reductions which bring it well within regulation. Got custom uprated flywheel, uprated clutch, transmission and suspension on there too.

TTG

My z4 is ready to go at like 244hp and 1201kg. Except, I've never driven it before, could be complete shit. :lol

Dementia

*Downloads new 608mb patch*

Hm, I hope this is good.

*Boots up GT*

Ooooh, new options in GT life menu, I wonder what this online dealership is?

*Sees Formula GT chilling at the bottom of the list*

HOLY SHIT thank you PD I've been checking the used dealer every 3-5 races for the last week looking for this fucking thing. *tear*

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This patch is just so fantastic.

"GAH FORMULA ONE GRAN TURISMO WHY WONT YOU EVER BE IN THE USED DEALERSHIP!!"
-Online Dealership has Formula GT in the store at all times

"Why can't I remove the HUD? The screen is so busy and..."
-Hud Removal Option

"Online is so barren without XP/money and why can't I have mech damage in my single player experience?!"
-Both fixed in patch

"It takes too long to grind! I want more events!"
-More events added, extra money/XP added for a limited time

"My PS3 died and my save is locked to the HDD! Nooooo!"
-Save can now be backed up

Seriously, all of those legit complaints I've seen multiple times, all fixed within a month of release. That is incredible.

felipepl said:
Completely off-topic but... this could help some people play racing games without buying expensive wheels :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vunngNAnF8Y
:lol :lol :lol

That is hilarious and incredibly awesome at the same time.

chubigans said:

-Hud Removal Option

"Online is so barren without XP/money and why can't I have mech damage in my single player experience?!"
-Both fixed in patch

Seriously, all of those legit complaints I've seen multiple times, all fixed within a month of release. That is incredible.
I think this call for an update on that famous comic... rolleyes.gif

BeeDog

To win the SSR5 seasonal event (with ease :p), what Nissan car should I buy and how should I tune it? Desperate for some cash.

BeeDog said:
To win the SSR5 seasonal event (with ease :p), what Nissan car should I buy and how should I tune it? Desperate for some cash.

You can get 2nd place with the GT-R 07' and still make loads of cash. First place I'm still struggling.

anddo0

BeeDog said:

I'm using the GT-R Spec 9.. Getting in 2nd place with ease. I was within 4 seconds on first but fell apart the last few corners.

Got within 0.200 off first place on the SSR5 race. Almost there, had to buy some weight reduction upgrades, changed the top speed and increased acceleration. Shouldn't be to hard to beat now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You think they'll ever release a patch that lets us reset tuned cars to default? I'm really hesitant to tune anything I don't buy from the dealership, knowing I'm never going to be able to revert back.

It's my understanding there are many cars that you can only get from an event, and only once... is that right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
avaya said:
Did you give it a new tranmission? Otherwise it hits the limiter at 112mph in 4th.

No, I guess I'll need to do that and tweak it. It'll be the first event/race where I have to dive into the tuning menu. :lol

SunhiLegend said:
Got within 0.200 off first place on the SSR5 race. Almost there, had to buy some weight reduction upgrades, changed the top speed and increased acceleration. Shouldn't be to hard to beat now.
Which car?

dwebo

recklessmind said:
You think they'll ever release a patch that lets us reset tuned cars to default? I'm really hesitant to tune anything I don't buy from the dealership, knowing I'm never going to be able to revert back.

It's my understanding there are many cars that you can only get from an event, and only once... is that right?
You can get every standard car from the used dealership eventually, I think. This new online dealership should help with that too.

A stock setting would be nice, though.

brentech

With all this extra CR floating around, I just went on a used car buying spree. Got some bad ass cars that I haven't seen on the market yet, figured there wasn't a better time considerding I started the morning with like 2.5mil CR and I'm now over 4mil

NHale

The Dodge Challenger RT '70 Seasonal Event is really easy. Buy the car, a Racing Air Filter and Fully Custom Transmission. Tune it to 240 kph max = win it ease.

Spend less than 100.000 credits and win 700.000 credits in less than 10 minutes. Thank you Kaz. :lol

That's odd... I changed my oil on the Honda hybrid, and it was at 124BHP, limit is 122BHP, so I put my B-spec driver racing it to see if it dropped a bit, and now it's at 125BHP oO

Omiee

yes got first place at the event with the gt-r 07, all u have to do is to the weight reduction.
have lap times of 1.27 and 1.28 and u will win. man 1.000.000 in cash is awesome.
im 250.000 shy of 10.000.000

NHale said:
The Dodge Challenger RT '70 Seasonal Event is really easy. Buy the car, a Racing Air Filter and Fully Custom Transmission. Tune it to 240 kph max = win it ease.

Spend less than 100.000 credits and win 700.000 credits in less than 10 minutes. Thank you Kaz. :lol

where can u buy that challanger..? is it in the dealership or do u have to wait for occasion dealership

chubigans said:

-Hud Removal Option

-Both fixed in patch

Seriously, all of those legit complaints I've seen multiple times, all fixed within a month of release. That is incredible
:lol :lol PD developer of the year imo....
or Blizzard :p

TTG

Ok, I need to back away from this as soon as possible. The seasonal events are crack, at least the one time trial I did is. Other games need my time.... oh god. STOP IT, STOP IT NOW.

anddo0

wait WTF? Nissan GT Academy just popped out of nowhere in Seasonal Events. I've been playing this thing all morning it only listed 3 events.

TTG

NEW SEASONAL EVENT JUST WENT UP!

NISSAN GT ACADEMY 2011!

We're talking 3 time trials in 350Z's, tuned differently. Tsukuba, Rome, Cape Ring.

apparently, I haven't registered. :lol

anddo0

TTG said:
NEW SEASONAL EVENT JUST WENT UP!

NISSAN GT ACADEMY 2011!

We're talking 3 time trials in 350Z's, tuned differently. Tsukuba, Rome, Cape Ring.

apparently, I haven't registered. :lol

Getting the not registered error as well.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but you can start a race once you beat it, instead of having to exit out only to get back into the race. Small, but great improvement.

brentech

phosphor112 said:
I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but you can start a race once you beat it, instead of having to exit out only to get back into the race. Small, but great improvement.
Yeah, loving that. Another small, but much needed improvement is them telling you if you already own the exact model of a particular car when on any purchasing screen.

And, I'm currently 18th overall with my lap time on the Tsukuba Circuit time trial for GT Academy. It's so early on, that it's probably the best ranking I'll ever have! Yay me!

alterno69

Banned
NHale said:

I have that car, one of my favs actually and i have it fully moded too :D

brentech said:
Yeah, loving that. Another small, but much needed improvement is them telling you if you already own the exact model of a particular car when on any purchasing screen.

And, I'm currently 18th overall with my lap time on the Tsukuba Circuit time trial for GT Academy. It's so early on, that it's probably the best ranking I'll ever have! Yay me!

Yeah, an option to buy select cars at the entrance screen would be great.

Top Bottom