• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Numpt3

Sorc3r3r said:
After this patch i've the strange feeling that my GT5 has reborn anew, better than ever.
I hope they will support this way our game for a looong period.
Have to agree, it feels like they have breathed new life into the game.

ljrLS.jpg

h3ro

You decided GAF:

Time for me to get a SpecV GT-R. Dark Matte Gray or Dark Opal Black (more of a dark purple)?

What do I get? I like both colors equally.

Melfice7

TheSeks said:
What was your set up for all of them? I'm only coming in second on all of them. :( I need more cash for the Formula GT.

Just reduced the weight as much as i can and used gear box on Fiat (140km/h), Honda (didnt change anything O:), RX7 (210km), Challenger (290) GTR SpecV (sport soft and 290km)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just quickly booted up to install the update, and had a quick look at the seasonal events. God, they look perfect. Nice restrictions (both weight minimum and BHP maximum) which basically make them stock races. Was looking for an excuse to buy a fiat 500 :).

Melfice7

Funny detail.. i was cruising around on my RX7 at the 'ring 24h with no HUD and the clock inside the car is counting :D it doesnt on tracks that dont have time change heh

patsu

h3ro said:
You decided GAF:

Time for me to get a SpecV GT-R. Dark Matte Gray or Dark Opal Black (more of a dark purple)?

What do I get? I like both colors equally.

Opal Black… think it's the original/exclusive color for the car.

I think the zero HUD option is going to finally force me to only use KPH. Damn US making me learn MPH all these years. All the cockpit instrumentation is KPH, might as well get used to it.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
h3ro said:
OMG Nurburgring Type V feels like a completely different track! What an atmosphere with all the tents!

<3

Did the patch gift Type V and 24Hour to everybody? I turned on the game post patch after not playing it for a couple days and it gave me those two tracks for nothing.

Not that I am complaining cause 24H is awesome! Love that it combines the GP and Ring courses together.

Omiee

well that sucks i dident get any prize car for getting gold in all the online bonus events, anyhow it did give me 3.5 million so im officialy a multimillionair now, i have 11mil.
also i dont know if u guys know this but u can log in to a different account of yours and gift your nissan gt-r and than do the bonus race, get 1 million and than buy what ever car u want and gift it to your main account.
im going to do that now for the mclaren or some other car

expy

Banned
Omiee said:
well that sucks i dident get any prize car for getting gold in all the online bonus events, anyhow it did give me 3.5 million so im officialy a multimillionair now, i have 11mil.
also i dont know if u guys know this but u can log in to a different account of yours and gift your nissan gt-r and than do the bonus race, get 1 million and than buy what ever car u want and gift it to your main account.
Yea, it's mostly just cash flow... It doesn't really affect the main game.

Melfice7

Omiee said:
anyhow it did give me 3.5 million so im officialy a multimillionair now, i have 11mil.

Im actually poorer after golding the new events :lol had 14 mil before the patch now im at 11 O:

(bought formula gt finally :p)

-viper-

Banned
Melfice7 said:
Just reduced the weight as much as i can and used gear box on Fiat (140km/h), Honda (didnt change anything O:), RX7 (210km), Challenger (290) GTR SpecV (sport soft and 290km)
So that would be 87, 130, 180, 180 mph

Omiee

Melfice7 said:
Im actually poorer after golding the new events :lol had 14 mil before the patch now im at 11 O:

(bought formula gt finally :p)
wtf how did you do that..? or did you count getting the formula gt with it.
cuz those events are the easiest money iv ever made, just buy the stock car and race.

h3ro

It was so hard for me not to change the oil on that Spec V straight out the dealership. Felt so wrong.

Damn you HP restrictions.

Melfice7

Omiee said:
wtf how did you do that..? or did you count getting the formula gt with it.
cuz those events are the easiest money iv ever made, just buy the stock car and race.

Had 14 and bought formula gt who costs nearly 5m then after golding the events im back to 11m :p

Melfice7

Omiee said:

What about the car level? you gotta level your dummy account to use the GTR O:

h3ro said:
It was so hard for me not to change the oil on that Spec V straight out the dealership. Felt so wrong.

Damn you HP restrictions.

I felt bad for permanently screwing up a GT-R that I just ended up modding my R33 V-Spec :lol

I havent tried using it yet though. We'll see =/

DJ_Lae

Oh man, I didn't realize that oil changes benefit premium cars too - thought it was just the used stuff, a la GT4 (unless the same thing happened in that game and I was also unaware).

Seems weird. You'd think the new cars would come with fresh oil.

expy

Banned
DJ_Lae said:
Oh man, I didn't realize that oil changes benefit premium cars too - thought it was just the used stuff, a la GT4 (unless the same thing happened in that game and I was also unaware).

Seems weird. You'd think the new cars would come with fresh oil.
GT Oil > Stock Oil. :lol

I have a CR-Z for the seasonal event if anyone wants it. I had to purchase a second one since I made the first one 100 kilos too light. :lol

-viper-

Banned
Escalation said:
I have a CR-Z for the seasonal event if anyone wants it. I had to purchase a second one since I made the first one 100 kilos too light. :lol
sure. send it over please. my psn is in my profile.

My hands hurt from that SSR7 special event and the best I've managed is 10 seconds behind the Ford GT. ABS is at 1, TCS is at 2, and I'm using a DS3 with a 493hp GTR '07 with the weight reductions and the top speed set at 174 mph for faster gearing.

Konosuke

Metalmurphy said:
Just noticed that there's now an "Export all to XMB" option on the Photo Album :D
I can't hold out the tears anymore, thanks PD :3

There's also a "Time Limit" counter that says time left on Endurance races.

Goldrusher

theignoramus said:
My hands hurt from that SSR7 special event and the best I've managed is 10 seconds behind the Ford GT. ABS is at 1, TCS is at 2, and I'm using a DS3 with a 493hp GTR '07 with the weight reductions and the top speed set at 174 mph for faster gearing.
I won it with an '09 spec V equped with :
- Stage 3 weight reduction; Window weight reduction; Carbon bonnet; Rigidity Improvement
- Sports Intake Manifold
- Sports Exhaust Manifold
- Sports Soft tires

"And we're coming up to the last corner, seems like the race is settle... WAIT But what's this! Metalmurphy is coming in way too fast!"
*crowd gets up from seats*

"OMG He went too wide, just barely staying on track!"
*crowd gasps*

"HE MADE IT! I can't believe he made it!"
*crowd goes wild!"

"This is unbelievable! I never seen anything like it!"
*crowd cheers at insane volumes!"

Metalmurphy: "Feels good!"

I love this game :p

Omiee

so 12 million and counting what should i get with it..?
my bspec driver just cant win the ferrarri challange should i get him an enzo and tune it up

Top Bottom