• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Just checked both GT-Rs 07 and Spec V and it's not there. Infact not even the 3D parts are. It's all flat.

More changes to improve performance? oO

alterno69

Banned
This patch was meant to be in the game for sure, even the location of the new content in the GT menu compliments what otherwise looked kinda empty, i mean the space below the online mode icon. Awesome update.

NHale

brentech said:
Yeah, loving that. Another small, but much needed improvement is them telling you if you already own the exact model of a particular car when on any purchasing screen.

They did that?

alterno69 said:
This patch was meant to be in the game for sure, even the location of the new content in the GT menu compliments what otherwise looked kinda empty, i mean the space below the online mode icon. Awesome update.

It seems likely that the game was rushed. There is no way that a developer that took 4 years to release the game would manage to launch so many improvements in less than a month after release (things have to be tested). Sony probably forced them to release the game this year because they had nothing in the Fall.

Error1355

For anyone who can't get to GT5 right now but are curious as to what the GT Academy time trials are, here it is:

There are three time trial tracks.

#1: Tsukuba Circuit using a Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 with Comfort Soft

#2: Rome City Circuit using a Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 370GT Type SP '07 using Comfort Soft

#3: Cape Ring using a Nissan 370 Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08 using Sport Medium

===

I got #49th on #1, which was just my first lap so I assume it's just high ranking due to not many people putting their times in yet. XD

Dead Man

Allright. Save backed up, Bob in the Formula GT, ceiling fan blowing cool air over PS3, Suzuka 1000km started. I'm off to bed and hoping I still have a working PS3 tomorrow.

Metalmurphy said:
You're not the first to report this.
Good to know I'm not imagining it! :D

Melfice7 said:
I already mentioned that and no one cared

:<

You definitely dont get glued to the cars anymore
Sorry for missing it, both threads are moving fast!

Melfice7

Dead Man said:
Did they remove the sticky cars? Seems like the collisions are much improved. Maybe I'm imagining things.

-viper-

Banned
Got second place in SSR5. I'm 9 seconds slower than the Ford GT. I have no idea how I'm meant to get gold.

Still, I'm very pleased with 700,000 and an XP boost :)

TTG

Put in what I thought was a decent lap on Rome, got into the 1.20s. Leader is over 2 seconds faster. :lol I'll find another half second, but no more than that I think. Damn!

anddo0

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Wait, so for the cars needed on the Seasonal Events: If I buy them new, dont oil change since the HP bump makes them unusable?

You can do small upgrades, but avoid the oil change at all costs.

I like the fact that the cars you need to purchase for these events are inexpensive. The basically pay for themselves and then some.:lol

Melfice7 said:

I've never really paid attention to this before... did cars really get "stuck" to one another, or was it the AI like turning into you because they bumped?

Error1355

22nd.png

And that's the highest ranking I'll ever see.

Edit: In the time it took to take the photo and upload I'm already 27th.:lol

Melfice7

Gah cant get more than 2nd place on SSR5 with a GTR Spec V.. maybe i should buy another GTR that doesnt weight as much and tune it to the requirements

Melfice7

phosphor112 said:
I've never really paid attention to this before... did cars really get "stuck" to one another, or was it the AI like turning into you because they bumped?

If you were behind an AI car and bumped his ass you'd get stuck O: you had to brake to get free

This is one hell of a patch. Can't wait for tomorrow when my holiday starts. I call lvl 40 a-spec and b-spec before my holiday ends :lol

Melfice7

Norante said:
Can you download the replays for the top 10 times in the leaderboards?

Yeah but you cant watch them on the spot like on prologue.. and im pretty sure on GT academy 09 we could see all replays not just top 10 :\

phosphor112 said:
The latter. You could usually get away by turning the opposite direction but it's better to just restart if something like that happens as you lose so much time.

The amount it happened on the Top Gear VW Camper challenge was ridiculous.

Btw, do you win cars on B-Spec to use on A-Spec? I don't mind grinding overnight if I'm gonna wake up to a few new additions to my garage.

Numpt3

Best. patch. ever.

Worth it just for the no hud option. I can't believe how much money you can rake in from those seasonal events. :lol

Melfice7

-viper- said:
What upgrades should I buy for my 70 Challenger to win the race? Also, oil change or not?

no oil change, just buy customizable gear box set it to 290km/h (problem americans? :D) and its an easy win

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Omiee said:
yes got first place at the event with the gt-r 07, all u have to do is to the weight reduction.
have lap times of 1.27 and 1.28 and u will win. man 1.000.000 in cash is awesome.
im 250.000 shy of 10.000.000

Highest I've gotten is 8th. Did you reinforce the chassis?

At least I've gone from level 13 to level 18, thanks Kaz! One more level and I can do the last Top Gear Challenge.

no oil change, just buy customizable gear box set it to 290km/h (problem americans? ) and its an easy win

Someone said 240, which is roughly 149/150MPH, which is doable, but it only got me to second. Maybe increasing it to 240 would give you the speed/overtaking on "straights" to catch 1st. But yeah, customizable transmission is the key here.

m0ngo said:
Best. patch. ever.

Worth it just for the no hud option. I can't believe how much money you can rake in from those seasonal events. :lol

I went to sleep right before all this took effect. Waking up this morning and reading all the news/reactions is like xmas come early...

/tears of joy

darkwing

Mechanical Snowman said:
The latter. You could usually get away by turning the opposite direction but it's better to just restart if something like that happens as you lose so much time.

The amount it happened on the Top Gear VW Camper challenge was ridiculous.

Btw, do you win cars on B-Spec to use on A-Spec? I don't mind grinding overnight if I'm gonna wake up to a few new additions to my garage.

yes, early reward is the Furai, so awesome

Melfice7

Doh i didnt noticed the tyres allowed for the GTR are sport soft.. i was using sport hard and was finishing 8s from the first :lol

NHale

I wish A-Spec events was the Seasonal Events. It's more rewarding to win when you can't use an overpowered car to win the race, unless it's B-Spec of course.

offshore

Awesome patch is awesome. No HUD makes Ring/Night/Rain so much more terrifying :lol
Mechanical Snowman said:
Has anyone finished with their pickup truck? Care to lend me it ? :p
Isn't the RAM now permanently in the online dealership?

yay, automatic downloading worked, patch was downloaded and installed when I came back from work. I have it set to 16:00-18:00 (GMT), usually works to get (worldwide) patches released on that day.

(the feature still sucks though, it would not have worked if it already had checked yesterday and if I had started 10 other games after my last GT5 session)

anyway, will check that patch out and backup my savegame :) (if only every developer would realize there is NO reason to copyprotect savegames as you can lock it to PSN ID etc.)

Epix

GT5 game of the "waited 3 days for game to arrive, just to sit and watch 3 days worth of patches and installs." Let me play already.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Melfice7 said:
Events are all gold.. MOAR PD

What was your set up for all of them? I'm only coming in second on all of them. :( I need more cash for the Formula GT.

Sorc3r3r

After this patch i've the strange feeling that my GT5 has reborn anew, better than ever.
I hope they will support this way our game for a looong period.

Top Bottom