• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

offshore

Man said:
Tomorrow will be the day.
We've been saying that for the past four weeks :lol

If the release date is 23th+ November, then I'm not expecting a date until next week. I've convinced myself Sony are going to do an "out next week!" announcement on the Blog.

I thought I would have the patience to hang with this Sony silence a bit longer but it is getting to me. I really want a release date, no matter when it is, so I can put in for some fucking time off. If it is going to come out the 23rd say some shit Sony, I can't put in for time off a fucking day before it happens. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry, lack of new videos today is giving me withdraw pains.

Rflagg

Mudkips said:
What the FUCK is going on in this thread?
Is this correct?

Sony sez: GT5 soon promise! Discs being STAMPED!
Troll sez: I has leaked copy omgomgomgomgomg.
GAF faps, realizes troll was troll, has blue balls.
More trolls.
Actual people with actual game come forward, get called trolls.
Actual people are slowly revealed to be legitimate.
GAF faps to leaked videos on youtube.
Videos are systematically taken down.
Still no release date.
GAF's balls bluer than the midday sky.
That is a really good summary of the last 2000 or so posts

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DoctorWho said:
More fapping than that pedo-age thread in the OT.
In my defense, Victoria Justice will be my wife.

Man said:
Tomorrow will be the day.
I'm sure we are all thinking the same thing.

"COD is released. Kinect launch week over. Home 1.4 update live. We now have the stage".
Why do you do that to yourself?

distrbnce

Banned
TylerD said:
You are not broken! I have a terrible time making progress in GTs because I am compelled to watch the replays after every race. There is something about a watching a replay of a race you just completed on GT that makes you feel all warm and tingly. The presentation is superb.

Something about watching those polygons race around the track with their beautiful physics is just enchanting... and has been since GT1.

DoomGyver

Hey where should I pre-order this business? I haven't yet because well I was hoping to get a date first but whatever. I see amazon/bestbuy/gamestop/walmart all have their own bonuses. Which one is best?

And those six chrome lined cars in the CE, will they be available for purchase on the PSN store later?

dwebo

The funny thing is that if this had happened to CoD or Halo or any other big franchise (delay close to launch, no new release date, PR silence, game leaked), there'd be riots in the streets. I'm not sure if this means GT fans are more sedate (skewing older perhaps?), or if the series just doesn't carry as much clout as it used to. Probably both.

Sony, you should be fucking thankful.

Despera

Banned
dwebo said:
The funny thing is that if this had happened to CoD or Halo or any other big franchise (delay close to launch, no new release date, PR silence, game leaked), there'd be riots in the streets. I'm not sure if this means GT fans are more sedate (skewing older perhaps?), or if the series just doesn't carry as much clout as it used to. Probably both.

Sony, you should be fucking thankful.

You're talking about the US, right? I don't think there'd be riots anywhere else for those two franchises.

Full Recovery said:
Hey where should I pre-order this business? I haven't yet because well I was hoping to get a date first but whatever. I see amazon/bestbuy/gamestop/walmart all have their own bonuses. Which one is best?

It just depends on which car you like most. I went with GameStop as you get the McLaren F1 and Joey Logano's #20 car.

Full Recovery said:
And those six chrome lined cars in the CE, will they be available for purchase on the PSN store later?

They haven't announced anything but I expect all of the pre-order and CE/SE cars to end up PSN.

Fender_Uk said:
nah 2 completely different genres and i'm glad i downloaded black ops because its average as fuck

Waht?

You're glad you downloaded it? But you still must have paid for the digital download?
Right?

chifanpoe

Full Recovery said:

I pre-ordered from Gamestop, comes with two bonus cars. a McLaren F1 and a Gamestop NASCAR.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is there a direct rip of the intro flying around anywhere yet?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
SolidSnakex said:
Nope, some dudes in the Czech Republic are the only people that have the game right now and they only posted some off screen vids of it.
ah, ok. fair enough. cheers.

So i'm getting back into GT5P (HDD got wiped recently). Unlocked cars carry over to GT5 or something right?
I had forgotten how tedious the early goings were.

Senua

its an ok game and stuff i guess but come on they try way too hard with the dramatic shit its even worse than MW2 they need to go back to basics (cod1, uo, 2) but i know they wont because this bollocks sells and i know its completely off topic but what else is there to discuss?

Fistwell said:
So i'm getting back into GT5P (HDD got wiped recently). Unlocked cars carry over to GT5 or something right?
I had forgotten how tedious the early goings were.

They apparently do but only for the arcade mode. So you still have to earn them to use in the GT Life mode.

Fender_Uk said:
its an ok game and stuff i guess but come on they try way too hard with the dramatic shit its even worse than MW2 they need to go back to basics (cod1, uo, 2) but i know they wont because this bollocks sells and i know its completely off topic but what else is there to discuss?
I'm actually loving Black Ops. It's helping me with the long wait for GT5.

joelseph

Fender_Uk said:
nah 2 completely different genres and i'm glad i downloaded black ops because its average as fuck

lol pirate, lets all have a good laugh when his account is banned and life is ruined. lol at fender_uk

Despera

Banned
Fender_Uk said:

I usually don't complain when I get stuff for free.

Wazzim

Banned
Fender_Uk said:
Just rent the game next time will save you money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom