• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flek

Banned
so wtf is going on? Many shops are reporting they have the game already. I ve heard this from guys in gtplanet and from some germans here that they "walked in a store and they said "you can have it tomorrow or on monday" … 

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????????

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
king-leonidas.jpg

darkwing said:
lack of GT5 info has driven us into madness

darkwing said:
driven us into madness

darkwing said:

king%20leonidas%20pretty%20pissed.jpg

Flek said:
so wtf is going on? Many shops are reporting they have the game already. I ve heard this from guys in gtplanet and from some germans here that they "walked in a store and they said "you can have it tomorrow or on monday" … 

Here from germany, was into one of the biggest electronic markets here (saturn) and they said they expect it at 15. November.
But they often talk bullshit, so don't get your hopes up.

dwebo

Despera said:
You're talking about the US, right? I don't think there'd be riots anywhere else for those two franchises.
Though I could imagine actual riots in the streets in some parts of the US :lol, I meant more like gaming blogs, mainstream news, facebook groups, that sort of thing, ie. outrage that extends beyond some forum threads and PSN blog comments.

Flek said:

WTF is this?

More information please? Anything like this for Canada????

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Flek said:

Source?

US or Europe?

Corto

Mudkips said:
What the FUCK is going on in this thread?
Is this correct?

Sony sez: GT5 soon promise! Discs being STAMPED!
Troll sez: I has leaked copy omgomgomgomgomg.
GAF faps, realizes troll was troll, has blue balls.
More trolls.
Actual people with actual game come forward, get called trolls.
Actual people are slowly revealed to be legitimate.
GAF faps to leaked videos on youtube.
Videos are systematically taken down.
Still no release date.
GAF's balls bluer than the midday sky.

Blue_Balls.jpg

Flek

Banned
TeethMummy said:
Source?

US or Europe?

"well went to my local game shop here in austria and the guy working there is an old school buddy of mine and i asked him about GT5 and well... he showed me a big card board box with Gran Turismo 5 written on it. Asked if i could buy a copy from him at any price he asks... he hesitated but then said no cause he could loose his job

Chris "

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=2865#post4120172

+ many german boards where they talk about Mediamarkt and other shops getting the game for monday release

Flo_Evans said:
I really wanted the stealth 787b pre order bonus car but I think that is for the eurozone only right?

Yep, but since you have a gift system you might be able to get it from someone by trading them another car.

Flo_Evans

Oh shit, my wife just texted that I had a package today...

It was a bottle of wine

Guess I will drink that shit and try and pretend prologue is GT5 :(

I am going to go get a job at Gamestop, tell everyone who calls in about GT5 that it is coming out next Tuesday, wait until a GAFer calls, watch him post my own statement on the boards, read the post as fact = win

SKY FIGHTER WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SolidSnakex said:
They apparently do but only for the arcade mode.
Well i guess that's better than a kick in the nuts. Even though I was kinda hoping to get them in career mode. Then again it'd kinda cheapen things out a bit. But at the same time, i really dont give a crap about arcade mode... oh well, at least the driving is fun. Also, the game was released during my goddamned lifetime, and i'm even able to actually play it, which beats the hell out of fapping to fuzzy off-screen videos.

Ezalc

NeoUltima said:
Maybe there is no release date.
500x_this_is_not_george_takei.jpg

Anyway, I think that whole setting sail thing from before is kind of ridiculous. I understand it being looked down upon here, but I didn't think that if people admitted to actually doing it got them banned. Only if they posted links to where they got it and shit like that.

Enough of that though, on subject...I actually don't know what else to say besides what has been said.

Cigol

Tryckser said:
See my post. Saturn and Media Markt are the same big company (Metro). They both say GT5 at 15th November.
That they are getting shipments of the game on 15th or selling?

I'm going to pretend the latter if only because it'll make the day go quicker.

Angst

Flek said:
"well went to my local game shop here in austria and the guy working there is an old school buddy of mine and i asked him about GT5 and well... he showed me a big card board box with Gran Turismo 5 written on it. Asked if i could buy a copy from him at any price he asks... he hesitated but then said no cause he could loose his job

Chris "

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=2865#post4120172

+ many german boards where they talk about Mediamarkt and other shops getting the game for monday release
That would be insane! But really cool. If true they would need to do the blog PR tomorrow.

WTF I'm getting my hopes up again... It's probably not true. *slits wrists*

Victarion

gutterboy44 said:
I am going to go get a job at Gamestop, tell everyone who calls in about GT5 that it is coming out next Tuesday, wait until a GAFer calls, watch him post my own statement on the boards, read the post as fact = win

SKY FIGHTER WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:lol :lol

Corto said:
You can't leave it at that... :lol Do tell.

There's not much to tell, I just made of fool of my self offering more money then it's worth, up to him to do what he wanted with the extra, but he just said there was no way it was gonna happen. I should try another guy over there :lol

There seems to be an interesting trend of the greater the desperation and despair the closer the supposed date of the release date rumor gets.

Pre leaks = Dec.
Post leaks with stream of new vids = Nov. 23-25
Day after leaks stop = Nov. 15

I think we will hear something tomorrow.

A Friday is a good day to release bad news because you don't have to answer the phones over the weekend.

Based on the degradation of people's sanity/patience at a near exponential rate, I imagine if tomorrow is as silent as today there will be a large portion of GAFers sitting in front of a chalk board labeled "Million Inch HDTV" making steering gestures and 'vroom' sounds claiming that they are playing GT5 and actually have been all along.

Senua

gutterboy44 said:
Based on the degradation of people's sanity/patience at a near exponential rate, I imagine if tomorrow is as silent as today there will be a large portion of GAFers sitting in front of a chalk board labeled "Million Inch HDTV" making steering gestures and 'vroom' sounds claiming that they are playing GT5 and actually have been all along.
nah i'll just carry on wanking off to the vids posted by the number guy

gutterboy44 said:
Actually, I think, most of them are doing this already.

Flek

Banned
we really need a freaking release date…sony can not try to sneak this game out …

SONY LISTEN - YOU ARE NOT, I REPEAT NOT, APPLE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom