• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flo_Evans said:
Hopefully retailers just say fuck you and start selling it as soon as they get it.

Did Sony ever say they were going to announce a new release date?

Does anyone have the exact wording of their statement?

Angst

DoctorWho said:

"It was announced today that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd as originally announced, but the game will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay. Creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are all confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

Check back here on the official Gran Turismo website for further updates."

From Gran-turismo.com

DoctorWho said:

The delay PR announced that the release date was going to get announced soon.

Wazzim

Banned
Angst said:
"It was announced today that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd as originally announced, but the game will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay. Creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are all confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

Check back here on the official Gran Turismo website for further updates."

From Gran-turismo.com
The bastards....

nasanu

Banned
Jilt said:
A friend of mine just told me that the leakage of the GT5 movies, the supposed theft or what ever, is a jedi mind trick of SOny them selves.
He says because of the delay the media machine is delayed, so if they want to bring it out, they have to do something like this.
He says the security around this game is so tight, you don't just walk out of a factory with a couple of games.

Is he full of it? Or does that sound logical?

If you follow how this has all gone down it is obvious that your friend is a dim wit. The first guy with a copy was a Sydney airhead DJ. He has a long posting history covering all sorts of things... It was not some made up person. As for the youtube vids, they are too bad to be promotional. You would not flip off the GT community, you would not showcase some long load times nor use dodgy cams and incorrectly setup TV so that the picture looks bad. Yyou certainly would not give the intro away either.

This is workers stealing from the factories to make a little on the side. Nothing more.

I give up. Sony won this one. I'll be selling my consoles and games and stop playing for good.

YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED SONY, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? ARE YOUUUUUU

Wazzim

Banned
Oh well, whatever man. Going to bed. Like everyday: Fuck Soony and I hope all your PS3s at office get sick and die a horrible death.

vehn

lol @ this thread having more replies than the black ops thread (especially when there is no new news to talk about). Hopefully it sells more :/

Flo_Evans

Ouch... :lol

so guys you want to talk about wheel stands?

Thinking about ordering one of these

ap2_set.jpg

Flo_Evans said:
Ouch... :lol

so guys you want to talk about wheel stands?

Thinking about ordering one of these

[IG]http://www.apiga.com.hk/en/img/ap2/ap2_set.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like a better version of the Wheelstand Pro.

Fucking Sony not telling us anything , i have friend who gets games for me early sometimes i guess it's time to call him .
Don't think it going to work but no harm in trying and once again FUCK Sony and there PR for this bullshit .

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SirIgbyCeaser said:
Guys I finally figured it out.

GT5 is dumb soooo dumb fo' real. Sony is keeping it to themselves. It explains everything.
Fixed.

offshore

Flek said:
SONY LISTEN - YOU ARE NOT, I REPEAT NOT, APPLE!!!!!
This is very true. Maybe Sony were trying to do an Apple, but what with then Kaz dropping the ball saying it's being printed, and then someone aquiring the game in dubious circumstances, it's gone all kinds of Pete Tong for Sony.

And if Sony want midnight launches, they'll have to get the word out soon.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really wanting to make some Sony exec heads roll. This whole situations is completely frustrating and annoying. I want more than a 2 day notice to buy this damn game.

i-Lo

Members getting "terminated" left n right! The wait for GT5 really must be "maddening" :lol

Oh well, guess NFS will keep me busy till then.

Why For?

Banned
Wish I hadn't missed the edit.

What did he say that caused that? Because the edited version didn't indicate anything that could have been so bad to cop that.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
And still no date. Oh well, at least I've finally reserved a copy of the collector's edition. In the meantime I'll just cry and jack off to a pic of a Nissan Skyline.

bunbun777

So is the Nov 27th date just a rumor/dream?

I had multiple friends message me with this date and saw it listed on vgreleases as the 27th...

Despera said:
This thread is the worst bed time story. Except for Kotick, this is his favorite.

I'm sure some forza developers pretend to laugh about it. But really they have a ps3 at home and are just as sad deep in inside.

bunbun777 said:
So is the Nov 27th date just a rumor/dream?

I had multiple friends message me with this date and saw it listed on vgreleases as the 27th...
It's an Inception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom