• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

SolidSnakex said:
http://imgur.com/yhFSS.giIMG][/QUOTE]

I have a feeling you didn't believe it anyway. I just got here and am now reading through all of this. So glad I wasn't waiting with everyone.

Carl said:
GAF + GTPlanet got trolled by a 5 year old
Actually I'm beginning to suspect most internet fakes like this are very old people who want attention and don't give a shit anymore. That CZ was in WW2 and he just lives to fuck with us.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Y2Kev said:
I'm sad I can't perm him because he doesn't post here
finishhim.jpg

Truespeed

So I have a question about wheels. I currently have the Logitech Driving Force wireless for the PS3 and it was frustrating to use effectively. I realize it takes practice to get used to a wheel when you've used nothing but a controller, but I'm a bit hesitant about buying a Driving Force GT or G27 only to be frustrated again. Now, I realize the Driving Force wireless is a cheap wheel, but realistically, how much will a quality wheel improve the experience? Will the GT wheel dramatically improve it? And will the G27 even be better?

logitech-driving-force-wireless-wheel.jpg

Despera

Banned
torontoml said:
About 20 min i think, nothing is going to happen, everyone move along.

Ok then I'm outta here.

A two-hour troll session without a single vid, pic or release date... GT5 better be fucking worth it.

Pungza said:
So has Jordan updated about the first disc that got leaked from Australia?

Yeah, we're forgetting that there may very well be a real leak in Australia. It looks like this guy just slightly edited his disk to say Austria. Should have known it was a fake at that point.

Sin hinted at the fact that the one from Australia might be legit. We will have to wait and see.

Carl

BobTheFork said:
Actually I'm beginning to suspect most internet fakes like this are very old people who want attention and don't give a shit anymore. That CZ was in WW2 and he just lives to fuck with us.
:lol

Repgnar

So it's back to "Discs being stamped" correct? Nothing has happened that's legit since that comment. What is there to look forward to now?!?!?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is some of the most fucked up funniest shit ever. I just got home and read the days developments? Dear God this is so anxiety!

-viper-

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Yeah, we're forgetting that there may very well be a real leak in Australia. It looks like this guy just slightly edited his disk to say Austria. Should have known it was a fake at that point.

Sin hinted at the fact that the one from Australia might be legit. We will have to wait and see.
but they print discs in Austria for SCEE releases.

plus he's got the full cover.

1309025667.jpg

Ploid 3.0

I'm surprised that people are willing to throw their GAF account away like this. You can usually expect a gaf member to not be pulling your leg because it's darn hard to get an account as it is.

expy

Banned
Truespeed said:
So I have a question about wheels. I currently have the Logitech Driving Force wireless for the PS3 and it was frustrating to use effectively. I realize it takes practice to get used to a wheel when you've used nothing but a controller, but I'm a bit hesitant about buying a Driving Force GT or G27 only to be frustrated again. Now, I realize the Driving Force wireless is a cheap wheel, but realistically, how much will a quality wheel improve the experience? Will the GT wheel dramatically improve it? And will the G27 even be better?
Pedals help a lot, and the wireless has no pedals right? It adds a lot to the experience, and the DFGT is a much better wheel in both quality and build than its wireless counterpart. The G27 is up there as well, with accent on metal and detached gear shifter.

spwolf

Truespeed said:

what is the shittiest car you ever drove? and now imagine driving GT-R.

Marchiott

Truespeed said:

I have a Driving Force wireless wheel too. At first, you may find it frustrating to use over the controller. But if you persevere and stick to it, you might find it significantly more satisfying to use than the controller :p
A standard gamepad just can't compare to a wheel with regards to control and precision, even with a crappy one like the Driving Force wireless.
If there's a good G27 deal though, I'd definitely jump on it in a heartbeat.

If you can't get used to the Driving Force Wireless, I wouldn't suggest you upgrading to a more expensive model... My 2 cents.

Metalmurphy said:
Wait... what happened? This thread is moving too fast. Did the guy run away or something?

It was lies..... GAF was unhappy.... now everyone has gone back to their lives, ready to fight another day.

-viper-

Banned
Truespeed said:

I made the jump from the controller to a wheel.

My lap times have suffered, but frankly, I don't care. Its just more fun. It just feels nice and more natural to use a wheel. You can obviously tell the 'professional physics' mode was designed for wheel usage too.

I have the DFGT and don't regret it. The wheel = fun. Simple as.

Xater

Well this turned out to be a big pile of horseshit.

I am still baffled by Sony and their inability to give us a release date. The damn discs are in production for fucks sake.

Rainier

UFRA said:
This was fun guys, we should do it again sometime.

I'm gonna go have dinner, I'll see ya all later.
Sounds good, lets meet up on Tuesday when some guy from 'Des Moines, Idaho' posts a somewhat legit looking trophy list.

Truespeed

expy said:
Pedals help a lot, and the wireless has no pedals right? It adds a lot to the experience, and the DFGT is a much better wheel in both quality and build than its wireless counterpart. The G27 is up there as well, with accent on metal and detached gear shifter.

Yup, no pedals. The paddles are used to accelerate/break. My problem with this wheel was that I was all over the place. The wheel does have force feedback, though, but it didn't really help in conveying what the car was doing that much.

Truespeed said:

[IM]http://www.techshout.com/images/logitech-driving-force-wireless-wheel.jpg[/IMG]

It doesn't even have pedals. That about sums it up in terms of quality. And yes the leap from it to the DFGT and G27 are massive.

Amir0x said:
Never in my whole life, from boyhood to adulthood, have I ever fucking anticipated a game this fucking much. This is ridiculous. I need Gran Turismo 5 inside me already FUCK
surely not more than SMG...?

The OT is going to be a miserable place with the inevitable Ami backlash from disappointment :p

cnizzle06 said:
I'm confused as to why Jeseus was banned? Wasn't he just a messenger really?

He was complicit in the betrayal, even when we had all accepted that it was fake as fuck he kept trying to drag us all back in, he shall not be missed.

expy

Banned
cnizzle06 said:
I'm confused as to why Jeseus was banned? Wasn't he just a messenger really?
lilday@gtplanet said:
I think Jeseus and CZ are the same person.

Jeseus posted the picture of somebody playing GT5.
The somebody was supposed to be CZ.
We never knew CZ's PSN because Jeseus hid it in the photo.

CZ told us to "stop spamming his PSN", when we only knew Jeseus PSN.

Therefore Jeseus = CZ, it was all a troll for sure, but some people do have the game I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom