• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora

Goldrusher said:
Well, bravo Sony.

No release date, no review copies, no marketing, no nothing.

But somehow, somewhere, someone is playing the retail game.

That's kinda embarassing, I hope at all that Yamauchi doesn't care too much about this and, most important, is not disappointed.

GT5 is the only game in this generation that express how much professionalism and passion, combined, can be expended on a game.

Racer30

Well fuck you sony, thats all I have to say!!

This is the most fucked up pre-release I have ever witnessed, PR wise and everything else.

Oh god , what is going on. I don't check the GT5 "feed" for a weekend and all hell breaks loose.

WTF! If that video is real and GT5 truly leaked. Ball = dropped

Well done PD and Sony you fucking wankers. I want this game! Yarg!!!!!!!

glaurung said:
The game requires the latest PS3 firmware. So, no.

Until someone figures out a way to patch games so that they run on earlier firmware. It's inevitable. Especially with a game like this.

darkwing

SmokyDave said:
Hmm. Seems reasonably conclusive.

I'm cool with waiting. I've reached a sort of Zen peak where I can last until about April of next year before I get stressed about the release. As long as it arrives eventually, I'm cool.

how can you be calm like that when someone else is playing the game right now :(

Omiee

lets take something positive from this, they showed a new version of the mini lol
and a release date should be incoming very soon.
and this game doesnt need 4 weeks pre marketing just some ads on tv's and in metro news and stuff and it will sell millions

Racer30

DoctorWho said:
Until someone figures out a way to patch games so that they run on earlier firmware. It's inevitable. Especially with a game like this.

I wish, serves them right for jerking people around as they`ve done!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Omiee said:
wait ..? if he gives his copy to some one he could release it on torrents to work on modded ps3's right..? or am i wrong.
dude can sell his copy for a few hundred bucks if he would want that

Uhh... very wrong.

Senua

Omiee said:
lets take something positive from this, they showed a new version of the mini lol
and a release date should be incoming very soon.
and this game doesnt need 4 weeks pre marketing just some ads on tv's and in metro news and stuff and it will sell millions
uggh thats the mini from 2001 on, it was in GT4

Omiee said:
did anybody notice there are no freaking skidmars or what ever, wtf is up with that he did spin his car

There are skidmarks

K5cPz.png

Canova

Banned
SmokyDave said:
Hmm. Seems reasonably conclusive.

I'm cool with waiting. I've reached a sort of Zen peak where I can last until about April of next year before I get stressed about the release. As long as it arrives eventually, I'm cool.

:lol

Peterthumpa

QisTopTier said:
Uhh... very wrong.
Releasing the game to torrent sites before Sony giving out even a release date would be a disaster. I could see a lot of incoming modded PS3s from people who never thought about modding them just to play the damn game.

Hurry up and give us concrete info Sony, what the flying fuck.

DoctorWho said:
It's already night in Japan without a release date announced for Monday. Bah!

That doesn't matter considering the delay wasn't even announced at this time. It was announced around an hour from the current time.

saladine1

Lagspike_exe said:
How the hell does Czech Republic get new games for 50 euros?
I don't know,that's what his mate just said.
And that for people to stop sending friend requests to him(380 so far,lol)

I think throwing a bowling ball full of crack into a pit of "starving" addicts would result in less frenzy than this. My god, I can't focus at class.

felipepl said:
Releasing the game to torrent sites before Sony giving out even a release date would be a disaster. I could see a lot of incoming modded PS3s from people who never though about modding them just to play the damn game.

Hurry up and give us concrete info Sony, what the flying fuck.
Correct. Plus even if it wasn't playable it would give the hackers a chance to have a go at the protection before the game is officially released.

Omiee

how is he selling these copies..? did he steal a bunch of them from the plant or wtf..?
cuz no way retailers have this game, i have a lot of friends etc working in retail and none of them said they have the game and trust me even if they had to sighn a nda i would have known or they would have told me

It´s a fitting end for 6 years of bullshit, stupid decisions and complete miss management.

The game to leak before their PR plan.

It had to.

I think it´s perfect to teach Soony a lesson. It can´t be their strategy because overall it hurts the brand image too much. No company would like to be seen by it´s fans the way Soony is right now.

Now they will continue to fumble along and i bet they will wait one or two days to annouce something.

----------

Video reassures us that standard and premium cars can race togheter. The Peugeut GTi is standard, and the Mini is a premium, so i´m glad to see that.

My only theory on this is that someone is selling copies of the game that were meant to be released at the beginning of this month, obviously Sony then changed something (firmware update? Making the discs already printed useless and not to be released)

Someone got hold of them and has started selling them, the games can't synch to the trophy server as they are probably not recognised as GT5, ah who knows.

Omiee said:
dident amare say they were gonna dicuss something today or was it tomorrow..?

I swear, I've heard that they are going to announce the release date everyday since they delay was announced. Nothing so far. I'm starting to believe they aren't going to announce a release date and they will just ship the game to stores announced.

Total clusterfuck.

darkwing

Psychotext said:
Correct. Plus even if it wasn't playable it would give the hackers a chance to have a go at the protection before the game is officially released.

yup it would give them some time to play around with it before the release, huge disaster as the original delay was the firmware requirement

DonMigs85

kyo_daikun said:
My only theory on this is that someone is selling copies of the game that were meant to be released at the beginning of this month, obviously Sony then changed something (firmware update? Making the discs already printed useless and not to be released)

Someone got hold of them and has started selling them, the games can't synch to the trophy server as they are probably not recognised as GT5, ah who knows.
I bet the Russian mob is involved, perhaps first-run copies were stolen somehow?

offshore

For anyone who cares. I just don't know anymore.
Indian retailers have been told by Sony that Gran Turismo 5 is very much on course for 2010, a source has told VG247, and will release between November 30 and December 8.

Our source was asked to tell customers inquiring about the game that it’s likely it will be releasing in December, however he was instructed not to disclose any further details untill an official announcement is made.

He seemed confident the game was releasing during said period, going as far as claiming that the info he had was final.

Sony games release in India day and date alongside UK launches.
http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/08/rumour-gran-turismo-5-shipping-between-november-30-and-december-8/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom