• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
So now people are saying that this could be a demo showing as 'Gran Turismo 5' on the friends list?

This roller-coaster is making me sick seriously :-(

X26

Banned
sabk3.jpg

Omiee

listen guys obviously the roman belic guy is faking he just had a hd video, but the playman guy has somebody on his list so lets just wait for his video where he is gonna compare trophies or what ever.

Omiee said:
listen guys obviously the roman belic guy is faking he just had a hd video, but the playman guy has somebody on his list so lets just wait for his video where he is gonna compare trophies or what ever.

So, are we saying that the one with his PSNID showing is the real deal still?

I'm so confused.

Can someone create a flowchart.

DoctorWho said:
So, are we saying that the one with his PSNID showing is the real deal still?

I'm so confused.

I would say that's the incomplete expo-version. And it won't have trophies, he can propably delay the excitement for a day or two relying on "psn is slow to update trophy data"

Goldrusher

DoctorWho said:

what we're following

"play3man" at GTPlanet claims a PSN friend ("Im5825") is playing the game.

Play3man records a video of his friends list: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePlay3man

That's it so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------

what we're NOT following

Also, for no reason other than trying to be funny, one "De-JaY" at GTPlanet posted another video of someone - himself probably - supposedly playing the game. That video was debunked as not only being the demo, but being a video of the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/earlygt5 <--- http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nycc-10-gran-turismo/706012

Previously on GT5:

Goldrusher said:
"play3man" at GTPlanet claims a PSN friend ("Im5825") is playing the game.

Play3man records a video of his friends list: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePlay3man

That's it so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, for no reason other than trying to be funny, one "De-JaY" at GTPlanet posted another video of someone - himself probably - supposedly playing the game. That video was debunked as not only being the demo, but being a video of the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/earlygt5

Thanks!

lowrider007

Well it seems that the chap is being quite cooperative by showing us that there isn't any trophies to compare, I don't think he can do much else tbh.

Hanmik

Metalmurphy said:
So the guy is still online, despite people that are also on his friendslist claiming he's already offline. Something really fishy going on.

Also why the hell didn't he wait for all the games to load? :lol

ha thought the same myself... but you can see that his latest trophies are from Fallout, so no need to wait for it to load..

Shurs

nofi said:
No trophies, but they might not have been activated online by Sony yet.

Right.

I have a preview build of Dead Nation which has trophies, but the trophies I've earned do not show up online, even after synching.

Hanmik

BobTheFork said:
Ok, so if one of these videos were real...then what? It proves the disc are being made but we knew that.

if some people (maybe a review copy.. Amar please help us?) have the game, then we might not have to wait much longer to get the game ourselves.. so we pray everyday, a silent prayer that can only be heard by Kaz himself.

Hanmik said:
if some people (maybe a review copy.. Amar please help us?) have the game, then we might not have to wait much longer to get the game ourselves.. so we pray everyday, a silent prayer that can only be heard by Kaz himself.
Well that's what I assumed people thought but at this point we don't even know 'when' we should get it so getting it faster doesn't help : (
ah well, I thought there might be something else people are trying to prove with these videos.

nofi

Shurs said:
Right.

I have a preview build of Dead Nation which has trophies, but the trophies I've earned do not show up online, even after synching.

It's quite common. You can earn the Trophies but nobody will be able to see them until Sony flick the switch.

Hanmik

BobTheFork said:
Well that's what I assumed people thought but at this point we don't even know 'when' we should get it so getting it faster doesn't help : (
ah well, I thought there might be something else people are trying to prove with these videos.

that the game exists,,.? and is not just a part of some gamers wet dreams..?

The gaming media needs to start doing their job by contacting Sony about people getting the game while we don't even have a date for when we can buy it.

Shurs

SolidSnakex said:
The gaming media needs to start doing their job by contacting Sony about people getting the game while we don't even have a date for when we can buy it.

They'll either not respond or say that they have "no comment."

alba

Little is the new Big
The gaming press is terrible at their job so I wouldn't expect much out of them to be honest. Hopefully the other czech dude who's apparently coming back home with his copy in a few hours will be of more help! :O

lowrider007

At this rate I honestly think Sony will end up just saying "hi Guyz, da gaMe iz out NOWZZ!!" on the actual day of release.

V_Ben

Banned
Ok guys, I was bored, so I went to my local blockbuster, and asked the manager what the release date was. She replied that it was due out on the 26th of November. Didn't even bat an eyelid at the request. This is in the UK by the way.

Woo!

jiggles

Banned
Goldrusher said:
So pointless if the guy doesn't sync his trophies first.

I dunno, it's proof enough that the guy is actually playing GT5. It'd be pretty hard to fake that text in those different menus so seamlessly.

Unless there was a preview build that had that exact text as its presence data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom