• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
TeethMummy said:
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!

brick.jpg
nvm dumb idea

Melfice7

offshore said:
Standard cars don't look too bad tbh. I'm assuming some are standard, with the blacked out windows on some of them.

i kept saying that and people laughed at me, cars with liveries were mostly what we saw from standards and those never look as good as clean normal cars. standards look perfectly fine

and i still wanna believe in free updates where standards get cockpits gradually :3

DMeisterJ

Banned
commedieu said:
I'd agree with you if it was the developers own blog at developer.blog.com. But its the playstation board, where they said they would keep folks in the loop about the date, named a specific time, then didn't even bother saying the announcement has been delayed.

Folks are frustrated, and the developer definitely knows its nothing personal. But due to the lack of communication on sonys part, the blog becomes the only place to have it be seen and picked up by other media outlets who are going to write more articles about how rage gt5 fangirls are.. its all because of 0 communication. lots of vacation time reserved for the game, and a kick in the fucking pants.

Most of us buy all games. Esp the ones featured on the blog. and those that care about the updates on the blog are getting them, but none of this would happen if they would have simply said peep. Its immature, but its from sheer frustration.You cant expect the community to be mature & professional when the blog hasn't done the same. A simple explanation could have been posted:

"hey guys, well you know PD works in mysterious ways, we are just as much in the dark as you are! Sorry, but please allow developers comment sections to be dedicated to other fans of their respective games!"

But they are just ignoring it.
You don't think that Sony is frustrated also? They're losing tons of revenue for this quarter every day this game is not out, and the consumers are angry. No company wants that. But spamming the blog (Which we all know the important people at Sony don't read) for other games that other gamers do care about, consequently disrupting the communication between those developers and their consumers seems hypocritical for people who just want a little comunication, no?

Xater

DMeisterJ said:
Wow, you guys are tripping in this thread.

I want GT5 as much as the next guy, but spamming other developers blog posts because people have reported buying copies of the game is kind of, well, stupid. Sony absolutely wants to get their highest selling game to the masses very soon so let's not lose our cool at the finish line.
I am pretty sure everyone already lost their cool with the last delay.

gutterboy44 said:
What the fuck is with the content of these game play videos!??

It is like being presented with the opportunity to film yourself fucking Katy Perry with the world's best HD Super Slow Mo camera and starting with an art house soft focus shot of her fucking toe knuckles.

For christ sakes, show us some tits, track lists!

Yeah really. It's like "hey guyz, I already got GT5! Now heres 43 seconds of me going around a track in fucking Miata!"

Pungza

In Prologue does the cars performance degrade the more you use it? Hated in GT3, especially with cars which you can only get by winning, meant I never used them.

Flo_Evans

Pungza said:
In Prologue does the cars performance degrade the more you use it? Hated in GT3, especially with cars which you can only get by winning, meant I never used them.

wut? I guess you never did any oil changes... :lol

dwebo

Pungza said:
No, but who knows in GT5.

offshore

DMeisterJ said:
You don't think that Sony is frustrated also?
Yeah, at first we cut Sony some slack...but Sony have now had nearly THREE weeks to sort it out...and with absolutely zero updates; and now, there's some guy playing the game, posting pics, taking questions, and Sony are still silent.

But it's not just after the fact; the blunt fact is that the game should have been out on November 2nd. It's difficult, we all want PD to make the best job possible...but Kaz knew the date; we all the knew the date. There's little excuse.

Anyway...intro song?!

Awesome.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Here we go: all aboard the hype train for two hours for NOTHING again?

THE:MILKMAN said:
Intro video incoming. said@GTPlanet........

Is it possible that we will see so much of the game in the next few days we wont even need to bother buying it because we will know everything like the backs of our arses?

Feorax

kyo_daikun said:
Is it possible that we will see so much of the game in the next few days we wont even need to bother buying it because we will know everything like the backs of our arses?

Im gonna be honest, I probably know about as much about the back of my arse as I do GT5 a this point.

Read that however you will...

kyo_daikun said:

It was like this with GT4, back when Chaser fan was the only one on GTPlanet with a copy of it.

It did not put me off the game at all.

After last delay you really can't blame fans of the game, i mean everyone was saying PD were fucking around.
The game is now done , it's most likely being ship to parts of the world , it leak and Sony still not saying anything .
How you can expect people not to be piss off when they can't even give us a date for GT 5.

Melfice7 said:
i kept saying that and people laughed at me, cars with liveries were mostly what we saw from standards and those never look as good as clean normal cars. standards look perfectly fine

and i still wanna believe in free updates where standards get cockpits gradually :3

I'm surprised just how good standard is. It blended ok with the premium car :D

And to think it even had a subthread with a stupid stillshot *smh*

I'm more excited for the standard cars now. I'll just have to cope with the lack of cockpit :lol

DMeisterJ said:
You don't think that Sony is frustrated also? They're losing tons of revenue for this quarter every day this game is not out, and the consumers are angry. No company wants that. But spamming the blog (Which we all know the important people at Sony don't read) for other games that other gamers do care about, consequently disrupting the communication between those developers and their consumers seems hypocritical for people who just want a little comunication, no?

Sometimes a protest will block a street. Shit happens.

Don't blame the years-waiting fans, blame the company who could EASILY post ONE sentence and all would be calm.

One sentence.

That's it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
spats said:
The hype train is reaching terminal velocity. Brace for impact!
GIVE ME THE GOLF HAM INTRO!

GT intro's are events unto themeselves. I hope it happens. WE NEED SOMETHING.

SOMEHOW

SJDKHFKSJDFHSFSD

Mush

kyo_daikun said:
Since we're not getting the fucking date, I couldn't care less about spoiling the game. It's something to do while waiting for the main course.

That reminds me, where has SSX gone off to? Retreated back to GTplanet? I hope we didn't scare him off... :p

THE:MILKMAN said:
Intro video incoming. said@GTPlanet........
The intro video? this guy should be spilling the beans on every fucking track configuration and car in the game. we actually interact with those things, not fucking introductory videos.

kitch9

Banned
Well, I've seen some clusterfucks in my 25 year gaming career.

This, is just something else........

How the fuck did this get so fucked up?

gunther

theignoramus said:
The intro video? this guy should be spilling the beans on every fucking track configuration and car in the game. we actually interact with those things, not fucking introductory videos.

i want to know what the top gear challenges are!!

avaya

Fuck it I'm getting a Slim for this game. My trusty launch fatty will die with the pain I'll be giving it with GT5.

thuway

You did this Sony. YOU DID IT. Here we are, your most loyal fan base. Spoiling the intro to the game via youtube because YOU DID THIS TO US. NO RELEASE DATE. NO UTTER OF ANYTHING.

I'm going crazy.

I'm going to go buy a kitten now.

Mush said:
Since we're not getting the fucking date, I couldn't care less about spoiling the game. It's something to do while waiting for the main course.

That reminds me, where has SSX gone off to? Retreated back to GTplanet? I hope we didn't scare him off... :p

Going to be an extremly cold main course thats for sure.

thuway said:
I'm going to go buy a kitten now.

Don't hurt the kitty :(

KaYotiX

Banned
kitch9 said:
Well, I've seen some clusterfucks in my 25 year gaming career.

This, is just something else........

How the fuck did this get so fucked up?
It's Sony....enough said. This game has been a huge joke for the last 2 years. I hope it gets delayed again so I can see everyone explode :D

I still want it but I have zero hype for it anymore like I had 2 months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom