• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

offshore

Poor CVG. Another day in shambolic gaming journalism.

IGN UK is reporting that Gran Turismo 5 will be out on November 26.

Update: IGN's updated with another Tweet correcting the date to November 26, and blaming the iPad's keyboard for the type-o.

"Yes we can confirm the Gran Turismo 5 release date is officially Nov 27! We've been assured no more delays," it wrote on Twitter moments ago.

It's put forward as though this "confirmation" is coming from Sony, although there's still no official announcement, and you'd think Sony would want to shout a bit louder about this one.

Stick a question mark on it for now - we're trying to get hold of SCEA
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=274568

commedieu

Banned
Second said:
Is this whole thread real?
David-Lynch.jpg

iceatcs

I don't see what wrong in this thread at all.

The wrong is Sony haven't announce the date, and the game retail has leaked to Czech guy and maybe more people. Get it?

kamspy

iceatcs said:
I don't see what wrong in this thread at all.

The wrong is Sony haven't announce the date, and the game retail have leaked to Czech guy and maybe more people. Get it?

Yeah, but we want blood. Someone has to bleed for this travesty.

thuway

I have an idea GAF. I will personally visit the Czech Republic, buy us copies of the game, and ship them world wide to everyone in this thread that wants one via Paypal. Everyone will have them in 7-10 days.

If only I didn't go to Medical School. Someone should do this. This is not a joke post.

dwebo

swordfishtrombones said:
What's the deal with the shadows switching on/off in that latest movie? (Around 0:26 marker).
On the red car? That might not be a shadow, but instead a reflection of the black wall on the left. I dunno - it didn't look out of place when I first watched it. Actually, it does pop in rather drastically.

darkwing

Loudninja said:
Really? so what do you guys think of the standard cars I think they look pretty good.

yeah they look pretty good i have to look at the windows to check if they are standard or not

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow, you guys are tripping in this thread.

I want GT5 as much as the next guy, but spamming other developers blog posts because people have reported buying copies of the game is kind of, well, stupid. Sony absolutely wants to get their highest selling game to the masses very soon so let's not lose our cool at the finish line.

commedieu

Banned
dwebo said:
On the red car? That might not be a shadow, but instead a reflection of the black wall on the left. I dunno - it didn't look out of place when I first watched it. Actually, it does pop in rather drastically.

cube map loading.

preorder

CAANCELLED

I think it would be hilarious if out of the blue GT5 commercials start airing with Kevin Butler in them, and at the end the release date is revealed.

dwebo said:
On the red car? That might not be a shadow, but instead a reflection of the black wall on the left. I dunno - it didn't look out of place when I first watched it.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I did not intend to sound too critical, it still looks fantastic. It's just a result of me scrutinizing every single detail of that clip. It's all we have!

DMeisterJ said:

I want GT5 as much as the next guy, but spamming other developers blog posts because people have reported buying copies of the game is kind of, well, stupid. Sony absolutely wants to get their highest selling game to the masses very soon so let's not lose our cool at the finish line.

are you trying to get rid of your tag?
this is the first sane post in this thread I've seen.

you'll know everything in due time, find something else to occupy yourself in the mean time.

Loudninja

DMeisterJ said:

Yes I agree with this,I dont think its fair to them at all.

commedieu

Banned
DMeisterJ said:

I'd agree with you if it was the developers own blog at developer.blog.com. But its the playstation board, where they said they would keep folks in the loop about the date, named a specific time, then didn't even bother saying the announcement has been delayed.

Folks are frustrated, and the developer definitely knows its nothing personal. But due to the lack of communication on sonys part, the blog becomes the only place to have it be seen and picked up by other media outlets who are going to write more articles about how rage gt5 fangirls are.. its all because of 0 communication. lots of vacation time reserved for the game, and a kick in the fucking pants.

Most of us buy all games. Esp the ones featured on the blog. and those that care about the updates on the blog are getting them, but none of this would happen if they would have simply said peep. Its immature, but its from sheer frustration.You cant expect the community to be mature & professional when the blog hasn't done the same. A simple explanation could have been posted:

"hey guys, well you know PD works in mysterious ways, we are just as much in the dark as you are! Sorry, but please allow developers comment sections to be dedicated to other fans of their respective games!"

But they are just ignoring it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well I just got back from work and continued reading where I left off and ahhhhhhhhh AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

gibration

chubigans said:
Well I just got back from work and continued reading where I left off and ahhhhhhhhh AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:lol That pretty much sums up the last few pages.

iceatcs

snap0212 said:
So is it really available in the Czech Republic? If that's true I'll be on my way tomorrow. No joke.
I don't think it is on the sale in the store, It is just typical leaked from warehouse or something mob thing.

gundamkyoukai said:
As much as i hate Sony right now , everyone is talking about GT 5 .
There getting so much free press , message boards going crazy etc etc .

That's not that much press at all. GAF, and other message boards for that matter are so insignificant all the attention they are getting is from all the people already hanging on every thread of info about GT5.

In fact this is horrible press, free or not, it's not going mainstream and the only "news" is that Sony fucked up and is acting like a 10 year old child with a bag of candy that won't share with the rest of the class.

They are only pissing off their fans. It's not like any of the big sites will run a spread on this ... and if they do it will paint them in a bad light. But then again, Sony doesn't give a fuck about the fans because we're buying the game anyway.

bsjezz said:
pretty much. hate them or whatever, but there are clearly a number of marketing brains behind this release and what they are doing they are doing for Reasons.

looking at this thread and similar threads exploding on other forums, it looks to be pretty effective

This is "marketing brains"? It's not effective ... outside of people ALREADY WANTING TO BUY GT5, absolutely nobody gives a fuck about what is going on. Just because you stare at a forum for 5 hours doesn't make it "hot news".

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
chubigans said:

The last three pages are basically 300 posts of this.

Love this thread. Dying for GT5.

jiggles

Banned
thuway said:
I have an idea GAF. I will personally visit the Czech Republic, buy us copies of the game, and ship them world wide to everyone in this thread that wants one via Paypal. Everyone will have them in 7-10 days.

If only I didn't go to Medical School. Someone should do this. This is not a joke post.
Booking flights to Prague as we speak.

I'm not sure the lack of a release date is somehow due to Sony's negligence or incompetence.

Sure, some last-minute glitch halted printing of the discs. But I imagine rescheduling the printing of BD's at this time of year, reorganizing shipping/distribution and renegotiating ad buys etc. is taking a long time.

It just seems to stretch the imagination that Sony are just sitting on their hands right now, unsure of what to do. Once the pieces fall back into place and they can secure a release date, they will.

All that said, I totally understand what it's like to really really want a game, so I totally get the kinda' awesome madness that is this thread.

tapedeck said:
I think thats the same guy that posted the pics so yeah I think so. I just want a damn track list.

Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive (55)
Koji Kondo - Super Mario Bros. Theme (AMG Exhaust Ver.)
Gary Newman - Cars
etc. etc.

What the fuck is with the content of these game play videos!??

It is like being presented with the opportunity to film yourself fucking Katy Perry with the world's best HD Super Slow Mo camera and starting with an art house soft focus shot of her fucking toe knuckles.

For christ sakes, show us some tits, track lists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom