• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainier

Just watched the intro, and agree with the comments about the shitty music. Overall it was OK, but not the kind of intro that gets you hyped to play the game, like some of the trailers have. Oh well, it's just an intro.

hirokazu said:
Wasn't there supposed to be a difference between games that where compiled against earlier SDKs but included to startup check for a newer firmware as opposed to games that are compiled against SDK 3.50?

Or was that bullshit? Because the rumour was that GT5 was compiled against 3.50 SDK so if you had something earlier, there'd probably be API calls that didn't exist and such and such. I guess we'll know once the pirates have a go at getting the game running.

So far the 3.50 SDK talk is all speculation as far as I know.

plainr_

Man I thought I'd feel better with a footage of the intro and track list but no I didn't. Something is still missing Sony.

Just watched the intro, im entering a state of denial that this is even happening, people on the other side of the world are playing the biggest PS3 game pretty much ever when it doesn't even have a release date...

TylerD

jockamo said:
Man I thought I'd feel better with a footage of the intro and track list but no I didn't. Something is still missing Sony.

Could it maybe, I don't know... possibly be the game itself? :D

Mmm crunchy snow!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
GAF has exposed what is quite probably my greatest gaming ignorance.

I knew the GT series was popular, but I had no idea it was this popular.

jiggles

Banned
The crunching sounds amazing, even in the poor quality vid.

I'm starting to regret watching these videos. If I was discovering all this stuff for myself my pants would be filled and my balls would be flat.

headtracking? nobody cares about that garbage, show us night racing on special stage route 7, fucker. How clueless are some of these people...

dwebo said:
Thanks! Alright, Sony, just take my money.
You have to wait for the privilege of giving them your money. In fact, you have to wait until they tell you it's ok to give them your money.

Seriously, Sony. See, you want people to give you their money. It's a good thing when that happens. You should make it easier for that to happens sometimes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope the OT for this game has a master list of features for those of us who have missed all the nitty gritty details that could be overlooked.

Ok, it is finally setting in with the newest batch of videos. I thought there was a sliver of a chance this was some bullshit hacked code and a weird half build but this seems to be the real deal and it looks amazing.

I am so fucking pissed that people are able to play this and I have no respite from the anticipation. Thanks for the swell treatment of your loyal paying customers Sony.

Firewire

Banned
EatChildren said:

Join the party, you know you want to!

The pit chicks are easy to.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
EatChildren said:

GT is huge in Europe. Like, almost FIFA huge.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Vamphuntr said:
So it seems like they are really gonna pull a ''Surprise!!! It's in store now!'' thing :lol :lol .
How do you know it hasn't always been in stores

have you checked?

when was the last time you asked a clerk for gt5?

time paradox

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Firewire said:
Join the party, you know you want to!

The pit chicks are easy to.

I have absolutely zero interest in cars, unfortunately :lol.

But seriously, it's like the fifth coming of Jesus. I almost feel ashamed that I was unaware of how popular the series is.

jiggles

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
So it seems like they are really gonna pull a ''Surprise!!! It's in store now!'' thing :lol :lol .
Bad news for anyone who preordered the Signature Edition online. They're about to get blindsided by a £150 debit out of nowhere.

EatChildren said:
I have absolutely zero interest in cars, unfortunately :lol.

But seriously, it's like the fifth coming of Jesus. I almost feel ashamed that I was unaware of how popular the series is.

Thats ok, none of us care about the cars anymore either, 2 million delays has that effect, we just want the game so we can say the dream became reality :lol

X26

Banned
Vamphuntr said:

No way, they must have an ad campaign they're planning to roll out to lead up to it. You're looking at a month minimum, that would be my guess

ALL IMO PLZ DON'T KILL ME ANY1

dwebo

Firewire said:
Just so you know, head tracking only works in the cockpit view.
Yeah yeah, which means only in premium cars. I don't even like cockpit view, but damn does it look immersive. :-/

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Speaking of Move: have these evil, spoilering leakers divulged information about what Move support there is?
Back of the box only says headtracking, but there was some Russian(?) presentation a few days ago that said Move support. No details, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom