• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

hirokazu

dwebo said:
I guess we'll find out next Tuesday, but I think most people were expecting either some standards to be upgraded or genuinely new cars.
Yep. But Spa and the indoor car track look awesome.

alba

Little is the new Big
dwebo said:
I guess we'll find out next Tuesday, but I think most people were expecting either some standards to be upgraded or genuinely new cars.

They're all listed on the dlc page for the game here.

I'm guessing the next wave of DLC will include new cars, I mean they got the HSV done, I don't know why they would be holding it back :(

BeeDog

It's all well and good, but I don't see the most important thing being discussed; are the menus noticeably improved over the cumbersome shit we got in the original?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BeeDog said:
It's all well and good, but I don't see the most important thing being discussed; are the menus noticeably improved over the cumbersome shit we got in the original?
All loading times have been improved considerably.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
-Deadpool- said:
Can't believe we actually got Spa. Mind blown.
Well we already knew there was SPA, after some details leaked before the game came out last year. But still SPA with weather = mindblown.

Card Boy

Banned
Have i told anyone how much of shit company Sony is? 60% through this update (started 1.5hours ago) the update stops and i get a random 822384 PSN error number (not sure what the real number was) Now i have to start the update from the start. Fuck Sony, fuck PD, fuck the PSN, putting this game back on my shelf. What a waste of my time. The update would of being done in 6 minutes if this was on Steam.

Yeah i mad.

Polyphony

This is exactly what I wanted:

lounge01a.jpg

h3ro

evolution said:
I'm definitely fitting my guy like the stig haha

MANLY BLACK STICK> pansy white stig

Gez said:
Have i told anyone how much of shit company Sony is? 60% through this update (started 1.5hours ago) the update stops and i get a random 822384 PSN error number (not sure what the real number was) Now i have to start the update from the start. Fuck Sony, fuck PD, fuck the PSN, putting this game back on my shelf. What a waste of my time. The update would of being done in 6 minutes if this was on Steam.

Yeah i mad.
Took me 6 minutes.

Dead Man

dwebo said:
Yeah, I was expecting at the least some 2010/11 model cars. I am a cynical bastard though ;)

Edit: That said, that R32 GTR touring car looks fucking nice.

The Stealth Fox

BeeDog said:
The loading times and responsiveness are improved and there are a few additions. Not much has changed though in terms of menu amount.

played for a bit.... whats this about new cars and tracks?

OMG its.. ITS!!!

SPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH

only PD would release a 15 car pack and 3 of the cars be skylines.

and STIG SUIT (although the didnt call it the stig suit.... thanks Turn 10) but its there.

Ploid 3.0

SolidSnakex said:
The Kart track looks awesome

Q1HZN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kavQK.jp]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bnXoG.jIMG] (cut for 100 posts per page people)[/QUOTE]

/faints

wakes up

[QUOTE=chubigans]The new Karts have headlights!

TO THE NURBURGRING![/QUOTE]

/faints again

pixelbox

Loudninja said:
Are you sure thats not placebo?
Im sure it not. Trust me, totally sensitive to the aliasing. Looks like shadows are filtered/higher rez and particle rez have either received a bump or it using some geometry trick.

alba

Little is the new Big
UnluckyKate said:
Okay, so I though Track Pack was 11.99$ but it seems that all 3 dlc are included for this price right ?

Yes, the track pack alone is $4.99, the complete pack gets you everything for $11.99 which is basically what would cost you both the track & cars DLC so yes, the best deal is to get the whole pack which is a good deal considering current DLC prices on console I'd say.

Grayman

dwebo said:
oh man major LOL at this endurance race "suspend"...

once you suspend in a pit stop, it tells you to shut off your ps3. it boots immediately back into the race upon next game start, so you can't do anything else until you finish the race anyway.

GAH, so much for finishing a-spec

also, yay for spa, boo for only two tracks
hahahahaha. Oh PD you are such a kidder.

Polyphony

UnluckyKate said:
Okay, so I though Track Pack was 11.99$ but it seems that all 3 dlc are included for this price right ?

Correct. 4 packs actually if you officially include the 0.99$ paint pack (lol). The track pack alone is 4.99$.

Edit: whoops, 1.99$, thanks Infinite.

Meisadragon said:
Well we already knew there was SPA, after some details leaked before the game came out last year. But still SPA with weather = mindblown.

Could have been GT6 or anything though, all we knew was it was in development.

Regardless, I'm incredibly pleased!

pixelbox

I will say there appears to be less particles to make up the smoke/mist in exchange of higher rez buffer, which i'm ok with.

Angst

mr_nothin said:
Can you actually change gear ratios now?
Yeah, since March or something like that.

Also: SPA! :D

@mush all Super GT races will of course be with slipstream at strong. :p

dwebo

Indy photo location is pretty meh. I guess it would've been a bit odd to take pictures of whatever car you wanted there, but now it's just - pretend you're a NASCAR photographer! Hope you're fast on the trigger! As someone who takes forever to compose a shot, and doesn't particularly like NASCAR cars, this will probably never get used again.

... and I'm bitching too much so I'm going to do something else now.

fake edit: Create all thumbnails is a great feature to finally have, though. Remaking ~1000 thumbnails a few months ago was fun times indeed.

I have to say I was hoping the Course Pack would have at least three new tracks (with Pikes Peak) but it's still day one for me because of Spa.

BeeDog said:
That's great as well, but what I mean is the menu transitions, the overall responsiveness of the UI.
Transition times are still there and still take a few seconds each, so yeah, you'll still se the GT logo doing its thing. Track loading is much faster.

RyL

Banned
sorry, but I can't share your over-excitement with the 2.0 update guys

yes, the loading times are faster but the menu is still a mess, nothing has changed

and most of the standard cockpits are a sad joke, unlike GT PSP you can't even see the hood, it looks like a freaking template (and I selected the cougar xr-7, this car has a long ass front... so no excuses)

at a first (and even second) glance you can't see any differences, like nothing has happened

Maybe my expectations were too high...

Iknos

benzy said:
Fuuuu, SPA!!

I was hoping for 24h instead of weather but oh well.

For Spa weather makes way more sense to me.

AWESOME news about the new tracks. Kart World or whatever looks awesome too.

Anyone else burst out laughing when they saw that the new car pack is 1/4 Skylines? GT can't shake off that stigma but it should be obvious why they're in those are a good batch of racing beasts.

Niks

Its really weird they included those cars... I mean, we know for a fact they have been working on other cars for some time now..

Maybe DLC 2 is coming soon after this one hits?

Grayman said:
hahahahaha. Oh PD you are such a kidder.
Wow, that's my only disappointment. Bummer.

Still locks me out of using the PS3 for like a week anyway. Sucks. Too bad if my mates are around for races one night, or a friend is around for Time Trials etc.. Ah well.

hirokazu

So, uh, is the paint pack single use? I've never changed the colour of my cars since the paints were single use. Single use paint DLC for $1.99 sounds retarded.

Angst

Niks said:
Its really weird they included those cars... I mean, we know for a fact they have been working on other cars for some time now..

Maybe DLC 2 is coming soon after this one hits?
I think we'll see more DLC soon(ish)

Top Bottom