• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

SolidSnakex said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD!! SPA SPA SPA

Course Pack (2 tracks, 5 layouts)
This DLC pack adds the new tracks to Gran Turismo 5.
The new Course Pack includes SPA-Francorchamps (with weather effects) and Kart Space layouts I and II (each layout supports normal and reverse).

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/

The car pack is a little bit of a letdown. No new ferraris, lambos, bugatti still standard.....:/ There's always room for more DLC and Spec III. Also only 2 tracks...:/ Sorry to be negative nancy, but I expected more from the DLC.

dwebo said:
oh man major LOL at this endurance race "suspend"...

once you suspend in a pit stop, it tells you to shut off your ps3. it boots immediately back into the race upon next game start, so you can't do anything else until you finish the race anyway.

GAH, so much for finishing a-spec

LOL. WTF?

Grayman

-Deadpool- said:
Wow, that's my only disappointment. Bummer.

Still locks me out of using the PS3 for like a week anyway. Sucks. Too bad if my mates are around for races one night, or a friend is around for Time Trials etc.. Ah well.
It is a flaw they had since GT3 with tournaments, at least in GT3 you could remove the memory card and quit the race though and that would allow you to do time trials or whatever else as long as you did not care about progress.

Double H

SolidSnakex said:
The description on the official site does say "Expand your Gran Turismo experience with the first paid DLC", so it does sound like we'll be seeing more.
GT5 Game of the Year Edition/Bundle for the holiday season with the previous 3 months of DLC. Believe.

Angst

SolidSnakex said:
The description on the official site does say "Expand your Gran Turismo experience with the first paid DLC", so it does sound like we'll be seeing more.
Yeah, just saw that. Sounds good to me.

Also - they still haven't given us any way to get Vettel's suit and helmet so I'd expect it to be a prize in a seasonal event soon. Or they just forgot about it being in the game...

thuway

Double H said:
GT5 Game of the Year Edition/Bundle for the holiday season with the previous 3 months of DLC. Believe.

I sold off my copy of GT (don't kill me GAF). The menus frustrated the shit out of me, it took me five minutes to get into a race, and sometimes I had no idea what I was doing.

However, if they were to release a full priced version where I had to do no updates, the installation of the game was easier, and all the DLC was featured. I'd totally be down.

Can someone please explain -
1. How have the menus become post update?
2. How much faster are load times?
3. Have graphics improved?

My purchase depends on these answers :).

Fake Edit:

SCEJ/A/E are fucking stupid for not having a perma GT5 bundle for 299.99 in Blue. Come on Sony.

gran-turismo-5-gets-a-titanium-blue-bundle-in-japan-20100818002707300-000.jpg

Mush

The Indy Pitlane scene is cool, however, it's all moving cars so to take a picture you have to be prepared.

It's like Pokemon Snap!

Lol. PD, you never disappoint. =P

Eqn4N.jpg

Anyway, was hoping for some good cars.. hopefully they will have another DLC car pack soon (more tracks are welcome as well!!)

Mush

Also Teknoman I think you may have to update your collection of memes as Jeff is now in his 2011 gear.

:lol

RyL

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
Generic cockpit view isn't too bad. It's pretty much like the PSP versions.

it's really not, look at my previous post if you care why not

also, the 3rd person view is still fixed/stiff and unlike any other racing game on the market, you can't use the right stick to rotate the camera

*waits til some expert says that cockpit view is the only right way to drive*

gokieks

The new bonus to XP/Cash is hilarious. I thought I'd wasted enough money on the new NASCAR cars, then did the X2010 seasonal event and got 10 million... so gotta reload an old save and waste another 4 million or so before redoing it.

Figuring out how to spend enough money to not let any of the seasonal event rewards go to waste is going to be annoying... need to hurry up and reach 40 so I can just spend it on buying X2010s.

disappointed that the follow cam is as stiff as ever but PD did a good job with this update/dlc.

maybe 1 or 2 more returning GT classic tracks would have been nice but since all the DLC is only $12 its hard to complain.

and yay @ MOAR SKYLINES!!!!!

Grayman said:
It is a flaw they had since GT3 with tournaments, at least in GT3 you could remove the memory card and quit the race though and that would allow you to do time trials or whatever else as long as you did not care about progress.

I was hoping it'd be a save now, go play some online, do a TT, come back tomorrow or the day after/when you feel like it system.

Not being picky though, all awesome news otherwise.

The Stealth Fox

Yeah... some of the cockpit views are actually worse than the GT PSP version, since you can't see the hood. Oh well, it's still what people wanted for the most part.

The open cockpit cars are awesome though.

The new opening movie appears to be up, 05 min 17 sec @ 590MB. Downloading a lot faster than the actual Spec II update did!

EDIT: New OP song is a remix of 5OUL ON D!SPLAY.

benzy

Iknos said:
For Spa weather makes way more sense to me.

I just wanted an option for night racing at Spa. I would be more partial to weather if it had looked right, but day-time weather in GT5 lacks road reflections, and yet you have these huge mists coming up from the wheels. Throws off the immersion for me.

would be nice if PD would allow different times of day on tracks but not allow night racing on the tracks not designed / not meant to be races on at night.

odiously not every track is designed for night racing but being able to race on Spa or Monza while the sun is setting or rising would be cool.

PD really nailed dush/dawn in GT5 and I want to see it on more tracks then the ring. Plus I am bored of the perfect blue sky default GT track setting.

Also EVERYONE is gonna be the stig the week after the DLC is out.

atleast they have a few snazzy designs of the suit / helmet instead of just white and black.

I sold the game quite some time ago because I was burnt out on racing sims...

Now:

1. Borrow game from colleague to get X2010
2. Purchase it down the line

I miss the Ring too much!

Shinjiru

RyL said:
it's really not, look at my previous post if you care why not

also, the 3rd person view is still fixed/stiff and unlike any other racing game on the market, you can't use the right stick to rotate the camera

*waits til some expert says that cockpit view is the only right way to drive*

Would like to see that fixed, but I am not holding my breath. Also, I am not too thrilled about the car pack, but I am looking forward to the new tracks.

I haven't touched this game since a month after release. Even bought a DFGT for it. I deleted the game data after I stopped playing. Want to see how much the updates have improved the experience. Currently downloading all 10 updates. :/

I'll be here a while.

1st of 10 complete! The first one was 608mb. Are the others just as big?

Edit: second one is 301mb!

EekTheKat

Now I'm glad I didn't gold the Vettel seasonal before Spec II. Nothing quite like making $8,000,000 in a little under 1 minute 25 seconds thanks to the 2x login multiplier LOL

Polyphony

Toxa said:
standar cars model looks better to me or placebo ?

Only one way to find out!

*Takes Berlinette on Tokyo R246*

As far as the model goes, the details look the same. Shaders/reflections still look top notch as always though.

criesofthepast said:
I haven't touched this game since a month after release. Even bought a DFGT for it. I deleted the game data after I stopped playing. Want to see how much the updates have improved the experience. Currently downloading all 10 updates. :/

I'll be here a while.

lol

Mush

criesofthepast said:

I'll be here a while.

You might want to prepare some sandwiches.

NEW INTRO GET! NOW WITH DIFFERENT PIANO MUSIC!

CatPee

This update may just push me to rebuy the game again...

Shame I'll have to download gigs worth of patches. Oh well, I put up with redownloading Bad Company 2 patches, I can put up with this.

Ploid 3.0

GamePnoy74 said:
Kaz, you know what you gotta do next for photomode:

I'll pay $$$ for Race Queen DLC, yo. =D

http://ani-culture.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/akiba20110422-gsr08.IMG]

[IMG]http://www.igeektrooper.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/201006teameva00.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Best idea ever! I mean, it makes total sense. They would need to spend a lot of time with making the female body look right next to those real looking cars though. Probably for another game by another developer. PD would need heavenly sword type of skin reflection/glow/see through thingy tech. Amazing idea though. Girls and car photos go hand and hand.

Maybe if Naughty Dog break into a arcade version of GT with weapons and photo modes.

Top Bottom