• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

jett said:
holy shit at the update sizes, how much is each, exactly? :p
Well the first is 608mb.

The second is 301mb!

The 3rd update is only 47mb! Woo!

4th is only 1763 kb!

5th is 48mb!

Now we're cruising!

Edit: 6th is 380mb. Fuuuuuuuuuu.

Mush

I swear I saw David Coulthard's helmet in an X2010.

Drag strip sighted as well.

Soul on Display is the new intro song.

benzy

New track in intro?

6233647106_9afaa932cb_b.jpg

After playing for half an hour with the Formula GT on Rome (one of the biggest tearing offenders for me), the FGT does seem to look better, can't really put my fingers on why, maybe better mappings? The tearing is still there, and I honestly couldn't gauge if it was less than the usual.

Physics: It felt better, seems like the loss of traction was more pronounced, like the tires were really touching the asphalt, and I could feel the curbs better too. But I'm a pad warrior so...

The Kazmobile is amazing, took around the Nurbitch and it fucking glued to the track.

I still don't like the piano. It sounds like someone is just mashing keys. And I feel like the intro to the intro is unnecessary and only interesting the first time.

ShortBus

I'm amazed at the load times.
Regardless of track, it was 2-3 seconds (+ 1-2 seconds if you change Time/Weather settings)

Good job, PD.

hirokazu

Hmmm, looking at the new intro and how the first DLC stuff are featured in it, I wonder if they initially planned to have the contents of the first track and car DLC included in the Spec 2.0 update, but then changed their mind as a way to recoup development costs. That'd explain why the first car pack is so disappointing...

JWong said:
A hiccup at 3:07?

Yeah that sounded weird as hell.

But DAMN! The new intro is SOO much better than the old one. I always thought the E3 trailer with Soul on Display should have been the intro but this is amazing too.

I love the part with the Skylines! around 4:18. Perhaps a little to much emphasis on the new additions which sort of makes me worry if there's even going to be more DLC.

hirokazu said:
Hmmm, looking at the new intro and how the first DLC stuff are featured in it, I wonder if they initially planned to have the contents of the first track and car DLC included in the Spec 2.0 update, but then changed their mind as a way to recoup development costs. That'd explain why the first car pack is so disappointing...

giving away free cars and tracks probably costs them alot of money with licencing that stuff.

Spa dont come cheap.

Plus maybe sony sent them a letter asking them to release some paid DLC.

What has GT5 sold? 7 million? if 5% of that gets the $12 pack thats a cool 4.2 million.

thats 4.2 million just waiting to be made.

Plus I guess a on disc re release is in the works as well so MOAR MONEYZ!!! WE NEED MOAR MONEY TO LICENCE MOAR SKYLINES!!!

kitch9

Banned
RyL said:
it's really not, look at my previous post if you care why not

also, the 3rd person view is still fixed/stiff and unlike any other racing game on the market, you can't use the right stick to rotate the camera

*waits til some expert says that cockpit view is the only right way to drive*

Cockpit view is the only way to drive racers...... I'm sorry but it is.

Speaking of sales, I'm really interested in seeing how much it's sold a year on. The 6,370,000 number on PD's site is "as of Dec. 2010". It must be pretty close to 10 million by now, right?

Gotdamn, that intro was hot!

Seemed like a interesting look at first nothing eye catching since it was just factory builds live footage, but the moment the game was starting to be displayed with the music changing building up the montage, sexy!

I watched it a couple of times already!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Gouda Jouji said:
Speaking of sales, I'm really interested in seeing how much it's sold a year on. The 6,370,000 number on PD's site is "as of Dec. 2010". It must be pretty close to 10 million by now, right?
Must have slowed down a lot. I think 7.5 is reasonable to expect when they update it.

It's obvious there are major licensing issues with Top Gear.. hell they even say "If you select the right combination, you could recreate a scene from...?" with Stig outfit shit below it. Can they not say Top Gear?

phosphor112 said:
It's obvious there are major licensing issues with Top Gear.. hell they even say "If you select the right combination, you could recreate a scene from...?" with Stig outfit shit below it. Can they not say Top Gear?

MS has them for Forza 4 so i guess they really cant?

hirokazu

funkystudent said:
giving away free cars and tracks probably costs them alot of money with licencing that stuff.

Spa dont come cheap.

Plus maybe sony sent them a letter asking them to release some paid DLC.

What has GT5 sold? 7 million? if 5% of that gets the $12 pack thats a cool 4.2 million.

thats 4.2 million just waiting to be made.

Plus I guess a on disc re release is in the works as well so MOAR MONEYZ!!! WE NEED MOAR MONEY TO LICENCE MOAR SKYLINES!!!
I'm sure it did cost them a lot of money, and probably so did the Spec 2.0 update, which is why I guess it's justified that they released the tracks and cars as DLC. I'm only suggesting that they may at one stage considered releasing at least some of it as part of the Spec 2.0 update, seems entirely possible to me.

Also, why are some people worried that this will be the only DLC? Seems pretty obvious there'll be more coming.

Top Bottom