• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

benzy

So GT5's DLC release doesnt get affected by the PSN policy of tuesday updates only? Sweet :D

Wasn't previous DLC released soon after the online maintenance? I was under assumption the same is going to happen here.

I think the update is today...but the DLC is on the 18th.

I'm a bit confused now.

Polyphony Digital has also posted an online maintenance notice for 03:00 GMT on January 17th, so expect the 2.03 update to go live shortly thereafter.

As for the DLC’s availability, the North American PlayStation Blog confirms it will be available next Tuesday, January 17. However, the European blog re-iterates the original release date of Wednesday, January 18.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-car-pack-3-route-x-dlc-full-details/

magawolaz

What does the update do again?
From GT Planet:

- New themes for My Home in GT Mode.
- An option for tire wearing in Pit Strategy (B-spec).
- Simulates regenerative braking on electric cars.
- Chaparral 2J Race Car ’70: Fan down force option.
- Fixed unintended pit stop error in the final lap of a B-spec race.
- 12 new colors and 12 new wall papers for My Home theme.
- Electric cars run slowly without applying acceleration.
- Regenerative braking affects the cruising distance.

20120117_120814.jpg

Oooh mama!

Polyphony

Special Stage Route X Oval (Dynamic time)
Length: 18.82mi Longest straight: 7.46mi Elevation difference: 213.3ft Corners: 2 (lol)

vu1Hy.jpg

9VklE.jpg

wPXlP.jpg

PjMdi.jpg

So that underground tunnel scene from the 86 trailer is from Route X as well.

amar212

Neither in Aus, wtf is this?

PAL hasn't started yet. on his Twitter Kaz notes how update started for JP, Asia and US at this point.

Kaz, I woke up at 6 am to update before going to work and my friend list just says how many of my friends did the same.. not nice.

PAL hasn't started yet. on his Twitter Kaz notes how update started for JP, Asia and US at this point.

Kaz, I woke up at 6 am to update before going to work and my friend list just says how many of my friends did the same.. not nice.

I cant remember this happening before.

Polyphony

I hate to be the one to say this every time there's a patch but... did smoke pixelation improve XD!

Just took a picture in wet weather with full splash behind the car and the edges are silky smooth. Will test some more with actual smoke instead of water.

Nvm, placebo effect wore off.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I hate to be the one to say this every time there's a patch but... did smoke pixelation improve XD!

Just took a picture in wet weather with full splash behind the car and the edges are silky smooth. Will test some more with actual smoke instead of water.

Oh man...I hope so. :D

Really like the new wallpapers; rockin the Kart Space one now.

amar212

grrr where's the downforce option for me 2J?

As I read on GTPlanet, it is not really a downforce option being added, but the PPT correction being issued, raising total for 25PPT in order to compensate for increased aero of the fan.

2J actually didn't have adjustable aero (no spoiler in front, only polycarbonate piece on the rear), so adjustable downforce option couldn't really be added.

Mobius 1

Nice new colors and wallpapers. The Jaguar looks stunning - PD and their sorcery at best.

Now...must wait for PS Store to update for the complete goodness.

Keinu

Any news regarding the split screen glitch that was introduced in 2.02 (missing HUD in 2 player split screen mode). Anyone know if that was fixed in this patch?

amar212

Can we also race on the X1 ring or is it just for tests?

From the official page:

The DLC also includes the 'Special Stage Route X Oval' track, a course designed as a stage for speed tests. This 'Special Stage Route X Oval' track can also be used in Arcade Mode and Online.

Also @ SunhiLegend

Mate, your GIFs are amazing, I really love to watch them in all threads you post them.

But.

I would really appreciate if you could opt for some SD quality to embed in the forum, with the HD link available below. Their size is choking my browser and especially my mobile-phone where it eats my bandwith like crazy :)

I do not want to sound rude, smart or anything, but since I know how many are surfing with their mobiles and such, maybe you could reconsider such an option. Please take this as humble suggestion, thank you in advance!

Sorry Amar, didn't think about people's bandwidth or having their browser slowed down always assumed they were using a p.c or laptop, never took into consideration that people would be browsing gaf on their mobile. Having an small SD gif with the link to the HQ one is very good idea, will do in the future :)

Edit: Should be more browser friendly now.

amar212

Sorry Amar, didn't think about people's bandwidth or having their browser slowed down always assumed they were using a p.c or laptop, never took into consideration that people would be browsing gaf on their mobile. Having an small SD gif with the link to the HQ one is very good idea, will do in the future :)

Edit: Should be more browser friendly now.

Thank you very much for your consideration Sunhi, much appreciated!

Top Bottom