• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Dupe it, than use it

Son, I am disappoint:

P1030684.jpg

P1030689.jpg

Only takes the purple color from the XJR-9 :(

Dibbz

Just been online on the new track. Look amazing. The day night looks spectacular on it. Great track for drag races. Looks like something you'd see on Top Gear. Finally a track the Veyron can actually make the turns on :p

Yup. I see myself getting back into this game again this week. These pics are making me excited and that test track looks brilliant.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I bought the cars, going the thrash the Jag now. The track? Arcade only, huge oval, thanks but no thanks.
I just like having a way to quickly run 1/4 mile tests but I see how alot of people wouldnt care about it all.

dubc35

I wasn't dissing it. I don't see much personal use to it right now. I'm more than happy they are releasing DLC.

The ps2 model is pretty damn accurate. The best thing about the premium Jag is being in the cockpit though.
Indeed. Wow, after only a couple laps on Tsukuba (just to put it way out of its natural environment) the cockpit is so retro-refreshing. No outlandish bulbs, lights, whistles, etc just a nice analog tach in front of you. Recently a RUF CTR went up for sale on ebay. I only wish PD will premium it as well as I think it will be similar in the retro love.

Stoffinator

Kaz mentioned in an interview that FIA GT and DTM racing series were both planned for GT5, but they eventually had to back away from the idea. So it could be something that shows up as DLC.

Oh man that would be awesome. Does anybody talk to him on Tweeter? Maybe put in a mention or a reminder. :p

Cypher

51dqRazOulL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Was the XL Edition delayed from it's Jan. 17th date?

Best Buy has it backordered, Amazon says shipping in 2 to 4 weeks, and GameStop now has it listed for Jan. 31 release.

:(

i-Lo

I must say that despite buying the dlc and enjoying, I find the value proposition of this rounds dlc does not hold up to the previous ones. Hopefully, the next one would be better.

Just wanted to bitch about the trophies. I was just going down the list and I find that PD perhaps does not understand the concept of expectation vs trophy level. Collecting 1000 cars for a bronze ... seriously?

Anyway, the new A spec seasonal is a welcome addition for cash flow and the new track despite blandness (I really did not find it to be distracting) is a welcome addition to the roster.

Angst

It's gone 10:30 here in the UK and no DLC. Looks like I'll have to wait until tonight before I get it (off to work soon). What time was it available when it was released in NA?

i-Lo

Those X1s... drool. Amazing shot chubigans!

For the guys with the DLC track - does it have time and weather?

In Practice Mode (and presumably for the arcade as well) there is passage of time. When I started in F1 2007 (for reference purposes) which finished a lap around 5:40 the first half went from night to dawn followed by dawn to morning.

With regards to weather however, I do not know.

Angst

I'm kinda confused what all was updated?

gran-turismo.com said:
A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

[DLCs]
- New 'Speed Test Course Pack' DLC
The Speed Test Course Pack DLC will add a Speed Test feature to Gran Turismo 5 and will be released for sale on the PlayStation®Store from January 17th, 2012. The price of the DLC will be $3.99.
The new Special Stage Route X Oval track is also included in this pack as a special stage for performing the tests. Measure the performance of your favorite cars with a variety of test features. When this DLC is purchased, the Special Stage Route X Oval will become available to use in the Arcade Mode, Practice, and in Online races. For details, please follow the link below.
- Speed Test Course Pack

- New 'Car Pack 3' DLC
The latest Car Pack 3 DLC will add more new cars to Gran Turismo 5, and will be released for sale on the PlayStation®Store from January 17th, 2012. The price of the DLC will be $5.99.
Featuring cars from both past and present, it includes Lamborghini's latest flagship model Aventador, Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, 66' Volkswagen 1200, Mini Cooper S Countryman, and Nissan Leaf. For details, please follow the link below.
- Car Pack 3

[Other Improvements]
- 12 new My Home theme colors and 12 new wallpapers for [GT Mode] have been added to the game. Please find these from the [My Home Settings]-[My Home Design] menu on the left side of the screen.
- Tire wear speed prediction has been added to the pit stop decisions in B-Spec, to prevent tires from wearing out completely during long races.
- Regenerative braking (which recovers energy by converting kinetic energy into electricity) in electric cars have been made stronger to extend driving distance.
- Electric cars will now also creep forward (as in standard automatic cars) when the brake is released without pressing the accelerator.
- Regarding the Chaparral 2J race car's performance points, the increased performance factor due to the downforce produced by the fan is now calculated.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- A issue has been corrected where the car would pit in unintentionally during the last lap of a B spec race.
And probably some undocumented things as always. Pretty minor patching this time.

i-Lo

That's the Japanese version, that goes up to 200.000.000, Cr. has different value there.

It's funny because while the currency, "Cr" is universal in the game, the prices of cars portrayed, however, are equivalent to their dollar, euro ,pound or yen counterpart depending upon which country GT5 is registered in.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So, this time I can actually buy the Car Pack 3 with my UK account but also play it with my ITA account (same console)? Do I need to pay/download anything else to have such "privilege"?

So, this time I can actually buy the Car Pack 3 with my UK account but also play it with my ITA account (same console)? Do I need to pay/download anything else to have such "privilege"?

Yeah, only the first pack needed the Family Upgrade, which was free btw.

Make sure both the ITA and UK versions of the game have the same code though, they might be different discs (I don't think they are though)

2scoops

Got the DLC last night, unfortunately i have not had the time to try it out yet. Out of curiosity, if anyone has noticed, do the engine intakes ahead of the spoiler open up at high speeds on the Aventador?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Damn 650PP seasonal, I crashed on the last corner of the last lap twice trying to catch that last car. GT5 stuck my controller in some dumb mode where the trigger did nothing and only the right stick accelerated and braked. This happens now and then, something to do with a controller dongle I have plugged in, any way around this other than unplugging it?

elohel

man i wanna get this DLC just for the nissan leaf, would be so cool to try it out

how lame is that? on a scale of 1-10 lol

Top Bottom