• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

rvy

Banned
I can't even get all Gold in the National B license. This gonna be good.
KuGsj.gif

The dealership is such a cocktease. You can view the new cars, choose your favorite color, change the scenery and even do a demo of the car, but you cant buy it yet
07Wfd.gif

Hurry up and update NA PSN! :mad:

The dealership is such a cocktease. You can view the new cars, choose your favorite color, change the scenery and even do a demo of the car, but you cant buy it yet
07Wfd.gif

Hurry up and update NA PSN! :mad:

It's pretty genious. They need to work out a way to buy them ingame. Some games already load the PSN store inside the game.

offshore

I have been playing so much Forza lately but I really am tempted to pick up GT5XL!!

what to do?

Pick up GT5 as it's great on the track... just don't expect customisation and parts options to be as rich as Forza. In fact it's best not to expect anything from GT5 in that regard...

And prepare for the worst paint system you will ever see in a video game.

amar212

Pick up GT5 as it's great on the track... just don't expect customisation and parts options to be as rich as Forza. In fact it's best not to expect anything from GT5 in that regard... and you will end up pretty much satisfied in the limits of the conservative tuning where substance is more important than form

And prepare for the most unique paint system you will ever see in a video game. It is sometimes a bit crazy and unusual to use if you have never played GT game before, but you can't deny it is also the most accurate regarding content-handling (names of colors, etc.) and it also represents a very special game-inside-a-game with it's own twists and way of dealing with things

Hey Offshore, I've fixed it for you :D

offshore

Hey Offshore, I've fixed it for you :D

Don't get me wrong about the paint, I genuinely love how GT has always had official names and hues, and the paint database in GT5 is hugely impressive... but that's why it's such a missed opportunity. Unlimited usage and a paint chip store are sorely needed, along with a proper preview. Sorting through 2500 paint chips is no fun...

I guess we'll have to disagree about customisation. And I think I'd better just leave it there... :)

JetBlackPanda said:
Is the release date 1/31?
It's out today.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Agree with the customization part, disagree with the painting one :p You can keep the official paints and names, but the chip system makes no sense and has no resemblance at all to real life.

I second this. Customization I agree with but the paint "mini-game" is unnecessary and burdensome.

Don't get me wrong about the paint, I genuinely love how GT has always had official names and hues, and the paint database in GT5 is hugely impressive... but that's why it's such a missed opportunity. Unlimited usage and a paint chip store are sorely needed, along with a proper preview. Sorting through 2500 paint chips is no fun...

I guess we'll have to disagree about customisation. And I think I'd better just leave it there... :)

It's out today.

I thought so too! Bestbuy is not in stock and gamestops website now shows 1/31 what gives?

Is there a time line with the changes GT5 went through since the 1.0 release? It's such a massive difference and really, really impressive. I wish I had the time to play this game on a regular basis again and I think my PS3 is dying. The game started to crash on load screens again. Better backup the save. :(

spats

Is there a time line with the changes GT5 went through since the 1.0 release? It's such a massive difference and really, really impressive. I wish I had the time to play this game on a regular basis again and I think my PS3 is dying. The game started to crash on load screens again. Better backup the save. :(

That's a really cool idea. Someone should get on it.

dwebo

Good lord, the background is made up of some seriously ugly textures. PD should've surrounded the entire track with water and saved themselves the embarrassment.

Polyphony

I guess they are going the Spa route again. Letting people drive on it together online in the first few weeks, then restricting it to those who bought it at a later time.

gokieks

I really want to know what the story is with the 30,000,000 credits in that screenshot. Just a photoshop for the hell of it?

I really want for them to increase it. You can only buy so many X2010s before it becomes just tedious.

Oh, and bought the DLC. The Aventador looks great.

I wonder if this is a bug, but when I bought the premium XJR-9, I was given a paint chip with no name on it lol. I don't remember that with the standard model.

I'm tempted to use it and see if I'll get a XJR-9 livery out of that chip haha

I really want to know what the story is with the 30,000,000 credits in that screenshot. Just a photoshop for the hell of it?

I really want for them to increase it. You can only buy so many X2010s before it becomes just tedious.

Oh, and bought the DLC. The Aventador looks great.

It's probably from the Japanese version, where the cap is 2,000,000,000(?) Cr because of the currency difference in Japan. So in English versions that 30,000,000 Cr would of been 300,000 Cr. Or something like that.

I agree that they should increase it, by a lot. Or just remove it all together.

Top Bottom