• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Toxa

someone told that he was able to try the X track online without buying the DLC !
Can anyone confirm this ?

So I guess this game is not for sale? It is nowhere to be found any every website has it listed at back ordered or not out yet.

Bizarre.

Yeah, Amazon shows 2-4 weeks. Weird.

I was gonna try and pick it up at Kmart becuase I have a coupon there, but there's not a snowballs chance in hell they'll have it now.

Niks

someone told that he was able to try the X track online without buying the DLC !
Can anyone confirm this ?

Yeah, I played yesterday without buying the track.
I think its a great way for users that are on the fence about buying it, to try it out.

Im still on the fence about it. lol

I guess I'll put the new cars online for people to try out.

The mileage will count on them when in use by others right? (never did this before).

Kinda cool seeing the ratings for the DLC (which means confirmed purchases, but not total) go up every couple of seconds, seems like people are speaking with their money and we're most likely gonna continue to see DLC for a long time.

Japan store currently in the lead, followed by EU, US and HK.

paskowitz

Yeah, I played yesterday without buying the track.
I think its a great way for users that are on the fence about buying it, to try it out.

Im still on the fence about it. lol

At least buy the car pack. The Vantage, Aventador and Jaaaaag easily justify the purchase price. The test track is cool, but nothing special (like Spa).

Polyphony

SSRX with Nascars is so much fun. Intense slipstreaming action with plenty of room for passing.

Favorite track would be Spa right now. But best overall will go to Nordschleife with dynamic time/weather. The Type V and 24hr versions are superb as well.

Toxa

my favorite car (DLC3) is the Shaguar

400046_3110784095592_1444050301_33269520_1484957662_n.jpg

397161_3110790655756_1444050301_33269522_212950536_n.jpg

the cockpit view is awesome

2nd V12 Vantage

409066_3110765175119_1444050301_33269514_706977954_n.jpg

pure bliss to drive

3rd aventador

402787_3110771495277_1444050301_33269516_1128133442_n.jpg

probably the best supercar, very stable but understeer with sport hard

the leaf is cool, the mini is just another mini and

404424_3110755734883_1444050301_33269511_1451859978_n.jpg

nice :D

Hey guys, looking forward to buying this game soon, but I'm wondering, how can I tell if two cars are even (or close) on performance?

Are they rated on a class system similar to Forza?

Angst

Hey guys, looking forward to buying this game soon, but I'm wondering, how can I tell if two cars are even (or close) on performance?

No classes, but each car has a PP stat, performance points, which is a somewhat accurate indicator of a car's performance.

There's a performance points system that takes into account power/weight ration, downforce, etc. It's not perfect though, two cars with the same PP won't might not be evenly matched.

Do online races have a filter to on PP to make sure everyone is competitive? And is the PP average (or similar) stated in career races so I can know what to aim for?

Thanks for the quick replies!

Do online races have a filter to on PP to make sure everyone is competitive? And is the PP average (or similar) stated in career races so I can know what to aim for?

Thanks for the quick replies!

Yes you can filter cars by BHP and Weight as well as Performance Points, and in carrer there's a button that tells you what cars you'll be racing against, their BHP Weight and PP.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Darn, I've been running so many B-spec endurance races while I was at work that it looks like my FGT finally started taking permanent HP losses even after oil changes and engine overhauls. Now I don't want to use my shiny X2010 so much in A-spec races.

spats

Bought the car pack and the speed test pack. Didn't have time or energy to try it out yet, looking forward to doing so on friday. I'll propably end up spending two hours just playing in photo mode again. :I

Solal

The test track is a great addition (though it should 've been there from the start imo but anyway...).... BUT PD needs to fix 2 things:

1- allow us to change the car without having to go back to the main menu and reload the whole track everytime... I spend more time loading the track that actually testing the cars ! This should have been fixed a long time ago as changing car is a fucking pain whatever you want to do...

2- Why keep all the times you made with one car? The only one that matters is the best one isn't it? We should be able to manually erase any time, or even have only one time per car (or per car configuration)... Right now, if you try a car, screw up your start... try again, and again...until you get the very best time (which is the point of the test actually), all your times will appear on the board though it's the same car! So on my board now, I have 26 times but only tried 6 cars... so the slowest car appears at the 26th rank...when it should be the 6th...
We should really be able to erase any time we want...

That said, I love to have this test stuff back!

I love Nurb ring BUT Polyphony performed some ps4 type wizardry with SPA. Ma gosh!!! Don't believe me? Check this out and tell me you did not think it was real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SKs6lCAAC-Y#t=19s

Please sunhilegend...Make a blowyourmindgif from this. LOL
I did not come close to thinking that was real, and I don't see how anyone could. It's a shame the grass texture looks so terrible because you see a lot of it and it ruins the whole effect.

For replays I think Tsukuba is the track that looks the most realistic.

Also I'd forgotten how bad the engines sounds are on so many cars in GT5 :(

I did not come close to thinking that was real, and I don't see how anyone could. It's a shame the grass texture looks so terrible because you see a lot of it and it ruins the whole effect.

ibyAZDpSr0zHfm.gif

Spa > Tsukuba

ibyAZDpSr0zHfm.gif

Spa > Tsukuba
I haven't bought Spa yet so I was just going by the video that was offered as being representative of it. That GIF does look mind-blowing; having said that, that small section in the GIF has no grass, which is the big thing that detracts from Spa in the full replay vid that was posted. As I said, that grass texture ruins the whole effect.

I haven't bought Spa yet so I was just going by the video that was offered as being representative of it. That GIF does look mind-blowing; having said that, that small section in the GIF has no grass, which is the big thing that detracts from Spa in the full replay vid that was posted. As I said, that grass texture ruins the whole effect.

Which one?

Emwitus

Really, tuskuba more realistic than spa?

shpankey

not an idiot

I so completely agree, this is the biggest thing that stands out to me. The horrid & outright pathetic engine sounds. Not much more than a glorified blender. It's really a shame to have such awe inspiring visuals w/ excellent physics coupled with such weak and paltry engine sounds; it's almost disheartening. As a car nut, hearing an engine scream its beautiful notes is the single most adrenaline flowing aspect that gets me going; well that and feeling the g-force of acceleration pin me to a seat.

I just don't understand why PD puts such a poor showing out in this one area when they can perfect car modeling, lighting and physics to the n'th degree; and this is a continual fault in the entire series, not just a one time poor effort.

Top Bottom