• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

It's almost like the car engine sounds are missing their low end. It's just lawn mowers and mopeds driving around.
Some sound pretty good (I really like the 458 Italia un-modified). Many sound similar to their GT4 counterparts.

I have no idea how they go about making the dynamic engine noises (i.e. having them react to throttle inputs), but one thing is for sure: Polyphony need to hire some new blood in their audio department. Other racing games do audio much better… and you can't say that for many areas of GT5.

Mxrz

Cars aren't suppose to sound like they do in the movies.

I've yet to see any racing game come close to Spa w/ rain, or Nurburgring at dawn/dusk.

Someone got a pic of the Aventador interior?

It's almost like the car engine sounds are missing their low end. It's just lawn mowers and mopeds driving around.

Keep in mind that in GT5 you're driving around with the engine at or near the rev limit almost 100% of the time, and engines sound much different at the limit then in normal everyday rpm range.

But I agree that the engines should sound more appropriate for what peoples expectations are. It's really depressing when you tune a Chevelle to 600hp and all you hear when you race is whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllll.

KillerAJD

Keep in mind that in GT5 you're driving around with the engine at or near the rev limit almost 100% of the time, and engines sound much different at the limit then in normal everyday rpm range.

But I agree that the engines should sound more appropriate for what peoples expectations are. It's really depressing when you tune a Chevelle to 600hp and all you hear when you race is whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllll.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I really hope the Chevelle is eventually made a premium model. It's my favorite car, and It'd be cool to have a bunch of premium American Muscle cars. There's already a few, but I WANT MORE!

But I agree that the engines should sound more appropriate for what peoples expectations are.
I don't think most people are looking for 'hollywood' style audio, just realism (or at least closer to it). Here's the Pagani Zonda R at the Nurburgring (onboard):

GT5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFuQjZGzjhU&hd=1
Real life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPd0ATqvoJM&hd=1

If you play the GT5 video on mute with the real life audio in the background the whole experience is vastly more intense. I think we can all agree that it would be great to have that kind of audio fidelity in a driving game. We've been spoiled on the visual side, now it's time for the audio to be given some TLC.

Polyphony

Yeah, when I hooked up the game to my 5.1 system, the difference was quite dramatic. I also noticed a big difference in audio levels between Living Room/Small Theater/Large Theater. The low-end bass notes were being played in relation to the engine placement in cockpit view, and I couldn't hear them sometimes due to a combination of settings/bad sound system calibration. But GT5 is still miles away from a game like GTR3 as sound is concerned.

amar212

I think it depends on your sound system. There's a video out the displaying this disparity.

You think well.

Difference of sound with proper 5.1 and good sub in Theatre mode is vast compared to stereo or Living Room preset.

As Polyphony said above, further difference exist between Small/Large Theatre, where GT5's sound excels in Large Theatre mode. Unfortunately, due to very pronounced difference in levels of Menu BGM levels and in-game sound levels, Large Theatre is somewhat complicated to use.

Another thing I have to highlight is actual work done in 2.02 update regarding dramatic improvement in the overall sound-spatial *picture*, probably the most important upgrade in sound so far. After 2.02, the sound-placement is presented with great accuracy regarding *position* of sound. Every tire sound is *placed* on appropriate channel (front left/right speaker, rear left/right speakers) and mixed in the real-time. Also, engine positioning in the car determines the direction of engine sound - central speaker for the FF and FR cars, rear speakers-mix for the MR and RR cars. Same goes for exhaust-sound positioning, where activation of particular channel for exhaust is determined with actual placement of the exhaust on the particular car.

For example: Cusco Impreza is an FR car with exhaust positioned behind the front-left wheel. In the 5.1 setup, engine sound comes from the central speaker and exhaust sound is coming from the front left speaker.

Loss of grip on particular tire is clearly presented with audio-sensation, where appropriate channel is activated when tire is slipping. Same goes for the sound of the other vehicles in proximity. You can clearly resemble the actual direction of car approaching from behind and when you're tailgated, the sound-direction on the rear-channels is swaying left-right in the real-time as car behind is changing it's position on your rear. Another beautiful detail is how actual engine sound of the car behind depends of its actual configuration and position of its engine. If car behind is FF/FR, the engine sound will be more pronounced and will be more pronounced in the mix of your exhaust than MR/RR car.

Also, when you're approaching cars in front, their exhaust/engine sounds becomes more and more louder, heavily dependable of the type of exhaust they're using and their engine placement. Racing exhausts of cars in front can totally "cover" the sound of your FF/FR engine, as they would in real life. Best example to experience this is to take Mazda Roadster TC (from the October DLC) and take it on the One Make Race on any track. Proximity sounds really shines on that car because of the actual engine and exhaust notes.

Large Theatre mode is a heaven for the sounds during passing, where sway from front to the rear is greatly presented on the appropriate left/right channels, depending on the side you're overtaking the other cars.

Notice how all above is properly experienced only when using cockpit and bumper view. In Chase or Roof cam complete sound mix is influenced by virtual position of the car. Chase cam makes exhaust sounds greatly exaggerated and basically *kills* all other sound sensations while Roof cam takes majority of sound from just above the engine-bay (that is why the turbo-piffs are heard best fromthe Roof cam), in the same time neutralising exhaust and tire sounds to some extent.

Of course, there are many cars in GT5 that *could* sound more accurate - especially the V8 and V12 engines which lacks some of the grooling sensation - but I find majority of Premium cars and many *attractive* Standards sounding phenomenal.

I also agree with Polyphony above how overall sound of cars in GT5 is not yet on the level of PC games, but calling it bad or something like that is just not right.

Solal

amar-> I agree with the accurate spacialization of sounds in GT5: you really can tell what sound comes from where...

But I sooo disagree with your assertion on cars that would sound phenomenal: as a car lover (like many of us here), I can shiver just listening to engine sounds... even listening to a humble 200hp V6. I love to hear the grooling, to guess all the mechanics involved in the engine breathe...
When I watch cars videos, that impresses me even more than the pictures
(that often fail to recreate the thrill of a race)...
this NEVER happened with GT5. Not even with 900hp beasts. Not even with Ferraris, not even with Zondas, with the LFA... There is absolutly no presence, no depth in GT5 sounds. You always feel like you hear it from far away, losing all the details. The idle is way too stable for instance...

There is no sounds coming from the chassis when irl, cars can literally make cracking noises (especially race cars), their suspensions can knock, gravels make sounds and knock under the car, the gearbox can crack... there are so many sounds that are just not there.

I don't care about spatialization when the sounds are not accurate or profound... I don't shiver because a sound comes from some accurate place: I shiver because the sound sounds real.

In GT5 they got the sounds right at the ignition... but after that it's really disappointing.

I really can't understand how anyone can say GT5's sounds are sometimes phenomenal, seriously man.

Btw,I have a very good Denon/Jmlab 5.1 system and I play it loud...so that does not come from my installation.

amar212

There is no sounds coming from the chassis when irl, cars can literally make cracking noises (especially race cars), their suspensions can knock, gravels make sounds and knock under the car, the gearbox can crack... there are so many sounds that are just not there.

I really can't understand how anyone can say GT5's sounds are sometimes phenomenal, seriously man.

I agree with everything you said. More "non-engine" sounds is really something that lacks in GT, from sound of actual gear-change clonks, craking, suspension grinch, etc.

But I also hate when some other games - non PC to be exact - are overpronouncing sounds in order to make them more attractive, which is also on the same line of wrong, only on the opposite extreme.

It can only get better for GT series, foundations they've established so far are perfect, now they have to work on details. And I am optimistic on that field. Until than, I really enjoy in the current states of affair, and yes - my McLaren F1 Carbon, 787B, Mazda Roadster TC, Ford Mark IV, Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2, Acura NSX RM, Honda Integra RM and all Nascar and GT500 cars (just to name those that instantly comes to mind) - realy sounds phenomenal in my book. Once they get all effects we both agree are lacking - they will sound gorgeous :)

Solal

Amar-> If you are pointing at Shift 2, I have no problem with its sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22UPkbAtTgg

Imo, they are way better than GT5's sounds. Much more accurate: the lambo is a beast.

(and I love Shift 2 camera movements when they simulate the drivers head going back and forth under accel or braking forces...)

Kaze13

I appreciate a good throaty sound. I own a Daytona 675 with a jardine exhaust. It sounds nice. I put in ear plugs while riding. Why? Overexposure ruins your hearing. That's why I don't care as much lol. I do agree that the sound in gt5 is inferior compared to some games.

shpankey

not an idiot
I dream of the day PD goes all-in on engine sound and put in the level of attention and passion they do with everything else. I literally get all giddy inside. When their engine sounds are at the same level as graphics/physics I will probably cry tears of joy. I'm huge on sound. I have an Onkyo receiver I spent $1,200 on not long ago, and a $1,500 Definitive Tech center channel with included power sub. I still have my (now rare) Eosone 600 towers & surrounds and a JVC 500 watt sub. I've calibrated it using Onkyo's 7 step built in calibration program w/ included mic. I take great pride in my sound system & use extreme cables/wires. I also calibrate friends & family members systems by hand via Avia and a radio shack sound meter, so believe me when I say, having a good sound system and setting it up perfectly is something I take very seriously.

I also agree sound spatialization in the game is not at all what I take umbrage with. If you want to think of it in another way, I'd say that most of the car engine sounds just have no soul; they're flat, bland, ordinary or pedestrian; or in a word: tiny. As someone said best above, they just lack a real presence. As an avid racer and passionate car guy my whole life, the sound of various engines in real life is easily one of lifes great pleasures for me. It's one of those eyes like saucers, drop jawed, adrenaline rushing moments for me when racing. It can literally give me goosebumps and have the hair stand up on my arms.

Now, I don't expect that level of quality, as in real life, but I do wish for something better than what we have now. I made a soundPack for Grand Prix Legends & NR2003 Season waay back in the day that was more than satisfactory even by today's standards. This just utilizing those games sound engines. And these are closing in on a decade ago. Now if little ol me (& others soundPacks) can do this, imagine what PD will be able to do when they put their mind to it. :shiver!: :)

(and I love Shift 2 camera movements when they simulate the drivers head going back and forth under accel or braking forces...)

I couldn't stand the cockpit view in Shift 2, the blur was ridiculous and couldn't stand the violent shaking all the time. IMO GT has the best cockpit I've experienced, not dull and rigid like Forza and not over the top like Shift, but moves around enough to be able to feel the bumps and turns on the track.

Personally with the update and with surround sound I have few problems with the sound in GT. It could be better, especially when comparing to various other pc sims, but I can't flat out say the sound in GT is bad, far from it.

Kaze13

I couldn't stand the cockpit view in Shift 2, the blur was ridiculous and couldn't stand the violent shaking all the time. IMO GT has the best cockpit I've experienced, not dull and rigid like Forza and not over the top like Shift, but moves around enough to be able to feel the bumps and turns on the track.

Personally with the update and with surround sound I have few problems with the sound in GT.

I agree with this post

Forza 4's cockpit is fine, it's quite comparable to GT's in terms of movement and effects (unlike Forza 3's which looked little more than an a static overlay) the overly smooth road surface just does it no favours.

I don't like the default fov on eiher game too.

shpankey

not an idiot
I think amar was talking about Forza's (?) but was just avoiding naming names to prevent the thread devolving. I'm guessing anyhow.

I agree going over pronounced is not ideal either, but just personally speaking I'd prefer over to under myself. Though I'd prefer accuracy. But the sound of an elite cars engine racing through the gears & redlining should be very provocative and make you feel something on the inside.

I want to also say it's not going to be an issue for a lot of people until they finally have it. Then and only then will you notice its absence in subsequent games. It's something you don't miss until it's gone. Then it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Dead Man

I think amar was talking about Forza's (?) but was just avoiding naming names to prevent the thread devolving. I'm guessing anyhow.

I agree going over pronounced is not ideal either, but just personally speaking I'd prefer over to under myself. Though I'd prefer accuracy. But the sound of an elite cars engine racing through the gears & redlining should be very provocative and make you feel something on the inside.

I want to also say it's not going to be an issue for a lot of people until they finally have it. Then and only then will you notice its absence in subsequent games. It's something you don't miss until it's gone. Then it sticks out like a sore thumb.

The difficulty with accuracy is that the sound alone is not all you experience of a cars mechanical effects. Vibration plays a big part, and without that even at high levels of realism sound alone does not convey a realistic feel to me. I would prefer slightly overdone sounds on the real high power cars just to convey that sense of power that you don't gwt without the vibration.

Gynoug79

Some might perhaps remember my 7.1 sound problem from a few pages back. Turns out its not my new receiver or the settings; Its GT5. In some cars curb sounds are very loud (try the Mercedes SLR) and in some they are just very silent. I suspect the curb sound volume also depends on the tire used(race/sport/comfort).

Angst

Yup, but they're raw and exciting as fuck. I wish more games understood that this 'hollywood' treatment of engine sounds works great.
Only thing Hollywood sound effects accomplish is better review scores. I agree that some cars need better engine sounds, the RM Golf we're using in this week's gaf race for example sounds really bad with distortions and pops. Some cars like the race cars sounds really good, 787B for example.

Shift uses exaggerated sounds and extra sound effects that sounds like shit too me.

SmokyDave

Only thing Hollywood sound effects accomplish is better review scores. I agree that some cars need better engine sounds, the RM Golf we're using in this week's gaf race for example sounds really bad with distortions and pops. Some cars like the race cars sounds really good, 787B for example.

Shift uses exaggerated sounds and extra sound effects that sounds like shit too me.

That's your feeling and that's cool. As someone with a beefy 7.1 system that knows how to set his shit up, I find GT5 always sounds stale and Shift 2 always sounds exciting to me. I don't really care which sounds more 'real' as there ain't a home cinema in the world that can accurately reproduce a filthy great V8 running on open pipes.

The exhaust notes in GT5 do not excite me at all (except when you choose your car) and that's not a good thing. Hell, give us a 'War Tapes' style option for those of us that prefer the Hollywood approach.

As an aside, I seem to remember the big V8's (Mustang & Cobra) in Test Drive Unlimited sounded incredible on tickover. Proper burbles and gurgles.

Angst

That's your feeling and that's cool. As someone with a beefy 7.1 system that knows how to set his shit up, I find GT5 always sounds stale and Shift 2 always sounds exciting to me. I don't really care which sounds more 'real' as there ain't a home cinema in the world that can accurately reproduce a filthy great V8 running on open pipes.

The exhaust notes in GT5 do not excite me at all (except when you choose your car) and that's not a good thing. Hell, give us a 'War Tapes' style option for those of us that prefer the Hollywood approach.
I'd definitely be cool with that. Options are always good.

And don't get me wrong, I would be really excited if PD remastered all sounds to get them as realistic as possible.

Dead Man

As an aside, I seem to remember the big V8's (Mustang & Cobra) in Test Drive Unlimited sounded incredible on tickover. Proper burbles and gurgles.

Damn right. Sing it brother.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Man GT5 is running really slow on my PS3...it takes about 5 minutes to boot into the home screen from start up...and in the menu's it can differ...

Is my PS3 or is it GT5 online servers?

But this is probably why GT will never do this. It's the real driving simulator and the hollywood approach doesn't apply.

I'm not saying whether I agree/disagree with this partly because I like driving pieces of shit with 80hp.

Corsa4Life

jUKuaMzsBg6yR.jpg

jRts5lqRQJ58N.jpg

jx4W9GgVQXF3P.jpg

jE2AzMshk0RXx.jpg

j32wJ43JWiynV.jpg

j4ivh0uHQdUEO.jpg

The car pack is amazing. Definitely hope they keep up with this sorta quality in the packs. I skipped the last one as there were really no cars I was interested in, but this pack is fantastic. The Aventador has some brilliant aero upgrades/body kits (love that 4-stage elevating spoiler!) and the interior of the Jag is superb.

Route X is predictably boring as a track, but night time is great for photos! And I reckon I'll get a kick out of tuning cars for the quarter. Also interesting to see which cars are quicker at what points etc.. Though I wish you could delete duplicate entries for a single car.

More premium LeMans classics, Kaz!!! This has been a great evening GT5'ing.

rvy

Banned
Normal, Flicker Reduction or Sharpen? Alpha effects seem to look worse on anything that's not "Normal". Water effects on windshield look nice though, didn't expect that. Or maybe I'm too far from the TV to notice anything.
Btw, which building is the Honda building in R246?
KuGsj.gif

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
After I bought a car pack, can I buy additional cars of that pack at the retailer or is it a one time exclusive?

You can buy additional cars at the Dealership, however for some reason you cannot delete/remove bought DLC cars from your garage.

Hrrrnngg, please don't say Shift 2 in this thread. Such a filthy word. There are a lot of redeeming qualities about that other game but Shift 2 is arcade rubbish with a veneer of Mountain Dew and Mtv. As already mentioned in the posts above, the over the top blur effects and other cockpit bullshit is so corny and over done. WOOOOO! ITS INTENSE BRO! Every engine sounds like a monster truck and every cockpit feels like a F-15 breaking the sound barrier. I went into turn 1 of Suzuka with a stock VW Golf and you would have thought I broke the land speed record. Shift 2 is one of the shortest I have ever played a current gen game. (I have rented Man v. Wild, so that says a lot). Just my opinion of course.

GT5 sounds need a lot of work still, but they have improved a good step in GT5. I rather have more subdued sounds that are realistic than everything at 11 and gun shots dubbed in for down shifts. It is the same reason I love the lower tier tire models. Sure, go racing soft for dude bro grip and maximum performance with your normal stock cars, but my god you are missing the brilliance of GT5's engine if you don't try the comfort and sport tires.

Intensity comes from a quality racing experience, not some post processing effect.

Edit: Just in case it was lost in the rant, I think engine and cockpit sounds are one of the biggest gaps in PD's technical department. Let's hope that since they have their modeling down for conceivably GT6 and GT7 that they can get the sound detail to match such stunning car models.

Sorry, shouldn't have started the day off wit such a negative post. I was up late playing the new DLC and catching up on some seasonals so I am a bit out of sorts this morning.

The Aventador and Jaguar are sublime. What wonderfully contrasting cockpits, each awesome in their own way. The Jaguar around Spa felt perfect. It was like the car was telepathic. The Vantage was fun because you could really feel the weight. I love when you get into a car that has such a refined ride and insane amounts of power. You are numbed to the speed until you have to slow down and then you are pushing your break pedal through the floor and pulling back on the wheel like you have a bit and reins in the grill of your Aston. I would love to have some Rolls Royce's and Bentley's in the game.

The test track is a much needed addition but I am yet again dissapointed at how half assed it's implementation is. You should be able to change your car from within the track, it is such a pain going all the way out to the garage. There should also be a better leader board style of all of your times. You should be able to break the leader board into classes so the X1 isn't the king of every damn stat.

Lastly, if you run a car at the test track, it should post those times on your vehicle description when looking at your car in the garage. Such simple things they could have done to make it better.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Spot on Gutterboy.

I have a feeling people complaining about the sounds have got their audio set to living room.

I don't have it on living room of course. I also *assume* there's not that many people on gaming GAF as a whole (maybe a couple? 3? 10? Not more than that.) with a sound system like mine (in a dedicated home-cinema room), and it should be properly set-up considering I used to do that for a living and for an audio/video reviews magazine.
GT5's engine sounds are very disappointing.

I also don't understand why:
Overly exciting and non-realistic sounds = dudebro hollywoodish bullshit not realistic
Overly unispired and quiet, non-realistic sounds= more realistic

Both are NOT realistic, and if GT5 can't provide me with something realistic then I'm sure as shit going to prefer something a tad too beefed up and exciting than its VEEEEEEEEEEEEE and VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
There's a distinct lack of low-frequencies on GT5's engine sounds.
Cockpit view is the main culprit, which also used to be completely fucked up as far as sound distribution over the 5.1/7.1 goes but now it's a bit better.

And what does Shift 2's blur/cockpit bullshit have to do with discrediting its sound engine?

edit: to be clear, I'm not having an argument/rant with you Dibbz :)

I don't have it on living room of course. I also *assume* there's not that many people on gaming GAF as a whole (maybe a couple? 3? 10? Not more than that.) with a sound system like mine (in a dedicated home-cinema room), and it should be properly set-up considering I used to do that for a living and for an audio/video reviews magazine.

Overly exciting and non-realistic sounds = dudebro hollywoodish bullshit not realistic

Both are NOT realistic, and if GT5 can't provide me with something realistic then I'm sure as shit going to prefer something a tad too beefed up and exciting than its VEEEEEEEEEEEEE and VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

And what does Shift 2's blur/cockpit bullshit have to do with discrediting its sound engine?

The same way you think the quiter engine sounds take away from the game, I feel over the top engine sounds, a la shift 2 (the cockpit discussion is that the over the top stuff is an overall theme in shift 2 not just the sounds) are distracting and silly. It makes tuning and vehicle class dull and meaningless. It is dude bro because shift 2's mantra is more is better and why have 1-10 when everything can be at 11. I rather have a bunch of engines that are too quite and need work then every engine in the game to sound the same monster truck super extreme "beefy" Yeah a beefy engine sounds great, but I don't want an entire cake made of icing.

There are some great engine sounds in GT5, there are a lot of mediocre ones and defnitely few awful ones. A stock VW Golf barely makes a whimper, which is good. The RM Golf, sure it could be a little beefier, but at least it has a feel that it is more than the stock version. Shift 2 you get all beef all the time, which is just as shitty, if not worse imo than having the range of quality of sounds we currently have in GT5. I prefer the dynamic range. Once again, for the record I think GT5 needs to improve their sound department 10 fold to match their modeling quality.

Solal

Cockpit view is the main culprit, which also used to be completely fucked up as far as sound distribution over the 5.1/7.1 goes but now it's a bit better.

+1

I mentioned Shift 2 for the quality of its sounds and added that I love the "cockpit effects"... I can understand that people hate the cockpit effects, fair enough.

But why disregard the sounds as too hollywoodish and unrealistic? They sound perfectly right to me. I am pretty sure the guys actually recorded them when driving the car...when I feel like PD recorded the ignition sound and then extrapolated from it. Losing all the soul of the engines.

I was lucky enough to drive a Ferrari 430 and could watch and listen to a Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi R8, Porsche 911 for hours... those cars make a terrifying metallic noise: you can almost count the pistons!

The speed impression was nowhere near as impressive as the noise. The engine sound IS insane. And that's the main thing that tells you you are in a supercar. you don't really feel the speed as much as the thrill.

I got to drive an old Ford pick up boosted to 450hp :fucking insane. I kept thinking the engine was going to explode. I was shivering from the ignition to the end. How come I never experienced that in GT5 if sounds are so awesome and so realistic?

How can you guys forget the pilots in Gran Turismo are wearing sound muffling helmets to listen to the team instructions?!! (That's somewhat true though)

+1

I mentioned Shift 2 for the quality of its sounds and added that I love the "cockpit effects"... I can understand that people hate the cockpit effects, fair enough.

But why disregard the sounds as too hollywoodish and unrealistic? They sound perfectly right to me. I am pretty sure the guys actually recorded them when driving the car...when I feel like PD recorded the ignition sound and then extrapolated from it. Losing all the soul of the engines.

I was lucky enough to drive a Ferrari 430 and could watch and listen to a Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi R8, Porsche 911 for hours... those cars make a terrifying metallic noise: you can almost count the pistons!

The speed impression was nowhere near as impressive as the noise. The engine sound IS insane. And that's the main thing that tells you you are in a supercar. you don't really feel the speed as much as the thrill.

I got to drive an old Ford pick up boosted to 450hp :fucking insane. I kept thinking the engine was going to explode. I was shivering from the ignition to the end. How come I never experienced that in GT5 if sounds are so awesome and so realistic?

Not saying they are awesome or realistic, just a closer proximity to realism than Shift 2 which I feel completely over shot the mark. We all love a loud raw engine, but that doesn't mean that you should just ramp it up as high as possible and treat every engine like it is a super car you described. A few cars in GT5 get it right but they do not have nearly enough other cockpit sound "character" The wind noise is poor and the transmission sounds are stale. My defense is that it is just is inaccurate and stupid to have a ton of engines over done to "wow" the player with the engine noise when nothing else about the driving experience backs up the supposed intensity of the sound. If you are familiar with my posting on GT5 you will know I am one of its harshest critics as well as biggest fans. I have slagged off GT5 sound to no end. They are making progress, but it needs to take bigger steps. I just don't want it to go off the deep end.

True... but what about external view? ;-p

It depends of where the engine is placed and your home theater unfortunately.
While the sound itself may not sound realisticallly "organic", the new 'Fusca '66' sounds great here (chase cam ofc), and my parents even acknowledge it as realistic, even more so the horn.

I know my argument may not hold true for every car they recorded, but the sound is there.

EDIT: And strangely enough the wind noises are overdone in the cockpit, my guess would be they wanted a draft indicator. But with windows shut tight and helmet, you wouldn't listen to the wind like that :p

Omiee

since when did they change the season events, i just got GT5 again.

it used to be that if you finished 1st you got prizes of all the other places.

now i just get the first price

so its better to finish 6th and than 5th and so on if you want all the money right?

Angst

since when did they change the season events, i just got GT5 again.

it used to be that if you finished 1st you got prizes of all the other places.

now i just get the first price

so its better to finish 6th and than 5th and so on if you want all the money right?
Or finish 1st 6 times instead? Unless you're thinking about helmet, suits etc.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Man GT5 is running really slow on my PS3...it takes about 5 minutes to boot into the home screen from start up...and in the menu's it can differ...

Is my PS3 or is it GT5 online servers?

There is a clean data option somewhere, it will check for bad files and clean them up. Worth a try. Did you install the files?

Top Bottom