• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

KingDizzi

Banned
Gouda Jouji said:
Speaking of sales, I'm really interested in seeing how much it's sold a year on. The 6,370,000 number on PD's site is "as of Dec. 2010". It must be pretty close to 10 million by now, right?

No way, it's probably past 7 million but not much more. GT games have crazy legs so it will reach 8-9 million lifetime with ease.

Can't wait to try this bitch out! Spa is nice but the DLC is expensive and DLC cars shit, fuck buying those.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
After downloading the update does it say, 'Credits and experience earned from completing events has also increased to 170%'.

phosphor112 said:
It's obvious there are major licensing issues with Top Gear.. hell they even say "If you select the right combination, you could recreate a scene from...?" with Stig outfit shit below it. Can they not say Top Gear?
Cleanly someone got a exclusive deal and doesnt want to share.. Maybe Kaz should make a Blog Post about it ;)

but hey they have the tire wall camera in the new intro... they have other angles on laps 2 and 3 when you race on the TG track.

Why cant they just put them all in one lap... give us standing starts and some kind of hot lap teamed seasonal event and call it a day.

Surly if they can have some of the Top Gear camera angles they can have the rest of them?

hirokazu said:
I like how they got their way around that though. :)

Yeah I thought that was a bit clever my self. "screw Top gear lets just ask the people who made the helmet and the suit and licence them both individually"

hirokazu

funkystudent said:
Surly if they can have some of the Top Gear camera angles they can have the rest of them?
Yeah, it's not like Top Gear owns the rights to camera angles that you're not allowed to duplicate them without the licence.

Mush

hirokazu said:
Yeah, it's not like Top Gear owns the rights to camera angles that you're not allowed to duplicate them without the licence.
After all the previous shit that's gone down with Top Gear, I wouldn't but it past them tbh.

Not sure I know how to tweak these weather settings. What I'd love to be able to do is start in the dry and have a chance of rain during the lap. Seems like even with all the settings its just on or off.

RyL

Banned
oh god... the carpack, exactly what GT5 needs, more of the same japanese cars with slightly different stats and a different livery, kinda disappointing

but yay for spa

hirokazu said:
plus I think there was a bit of a draw distance thing stopping them doing the hammerhead angle but they have the rest of them in there at some point of a 3 lap replay.

Heck they even have the tire wall shot but they use it for Chicago in lap one for some reason. if you watch a replay of lap 2 it has the actual Top Gear angles for the first 2 corners.

benzy

gt5in4e74t.gif

Mxrz

Took me about 2 hours to DL. Servers hammered?

Sigh. Rant.

Just. . . Goddammit, PD. Why? Why do you gotta kick me in the balls?

I dont want to fucking grind XP and credits. Why can't you fucking understand this? No, really, WTF is the logic here? The OCD & Seasonals were perfect. It allowed me to buy and enjoy lot of cars I never would have otherwise. Now, you fucked it up good and proper. Now, I gotta log in every day (something I hate, fuck off my life is busy) just to keep your goddamn bullshit multiplier up? Fuck you.

Grgh. Been looking forward to the update and now its like I don't even want to bother checking out the rest.

dwebo

funkystudent said:
Yeah I thought that was a bit clever my self. "screw Top gear lets just ask the people who made the helmet and the suit and licence them both individually"
Never paid close attention to the emblems, so I always thought the Stig wore a bespoke racing outfit. That's pretty hilarious actually, if they were forced to go around the license like that.

edit: well, I guess there's his belt buckle :lol

Saw the new intro without sound (at work) and holy cow I had chills with the transition from timelapse night shots of city to the carbon fiber body of the X2010 and to the following shots of racing cars.

dwebo said:
Never paid close attention to the emblems, so I always thought the Stig wore a bespoke racing outfit. That's pretty hilarious actually, if they were forced to go around the license like that.

edit: well, I guess there's his belt buckle :lol
and they got the black helmet suit as well.

forza 4 doesn't have black stig!

HEY DAN WHAT YOU HAVE AGAINST BLACK STIGS?!

Watching intro now omg!

Wait, why is the old intro playing in my game? What the fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Huh, I guess you have to download it separately. I thought the 590MB were included in the 1200MB update... guess not :p

Good ole PSN+ downloaded it for me this morning, menu seems faster as does track loading shame bout enduo saves but the rest seem what i expected and more in some respects.

6for8

Love this update. The FGT in car views are wonderful, even including the colour of your car.

Won a new helmet in the FGT seasonal. Never seen this type before. WarpDrive.

Iknos

Good find Vanilla I missed how the bloom and some effects were missing from my photomode shots. Can't wait to take more pics. Did they bump the resolution too? I want some dual desktop screens.

Anyone playing it now? Are there performance boosts to the graphics? Better framerate? Less tearing? They reduced the loading times significantly so maybe they worked on other things too.

Raonak

Banned
Whoa. Is it me or did the dashboard view shadows become 1000x better, I remember them being jagged as fuck. (I haven't played the game since like, feburary, so might have been due to earlier patch)

I only raced down that SS route 7(japanese highway, rain, lots of lights)

Also, is there some way to adjust dashboard view height, I can't see the damn road on my Camaro SS'10. Steering wheel is blocking the way :(

spats

Cr and exp boost has to do with how many consecutive daily logins you have, just like with the museum cards, I think.

Mush

Raonak said:
Also, is there some way to adjust dashboard view height, I can't see the damn road on my Camaro SS'10. Steering wheel is blocking the way :(
There should be options in the start menu to adjust your POV.

Zaptruder

Banned
I didn't give it an extensive test, but as far as I can tell, there are STILL significant UI issues that hamper the flow of the game.

Primarily - loading and transition times, and the ability to get into the right car with minimal transition.

As it still stands - go into a race; pull up a list of cars that qualify; remember list, go to garage to find appropriate car, failing that, you'll have to go buy one from second hand or premium dealer.

When you've got 3-5 second load times between each screen, and about 5-6 screens to transition between, on top of the sifting through poorly laid out (albeit attractive menu screens), you're wasting 3-5 minutes every time you transition to a new race.

Plus loading up into the first screen; you have to press X to get a cursor up - not that the screen says anything; so if you're used to the loading times as this game conditions you to be; you may be waiting 30 secs to a minute before you realise you need to press X.

It's not a big thing; but it is a clear indicator of how the entire UI stinks to high heaven.

Cmon PD. It's easy - we pick the race; you show us a list of cars from our garage that qualify, if none do, you show us a list of cars that we can buy from dealers that qualify. No transitioning back and forth between multiple screens.

It's a shame because the core game itself is fine; if you try to replicate racing as earnestly as these guys are, it's hard to screw up the core gameplay. But GT5 is a textbook case of screwing up a great core by bolting on a really shoddy interface.

TTG

Protip: if you're like me and you've logged in for a couple of days straight now(and your credits from vettel seasonal have been taken back for some reason) remember that now all your credits DOUBLE. That means a cool 10 mil for about 5 minutes of driving. I suggest the Ford GT40 or maybe the muira, get something nice.

I just noticed in the opening video, there was Rome and the cars with headlights on, in what appears to be a sunset. Just for the montage orrrr?

Top Bottom