• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

I'd just be happy if you could choose to have the chase cam audio in cockpit view, and if the engine sounds from nearby cars didn't drown out your own cars engine.

shpankey

not an idiot
Best I can do on short notice with my crappy phone camera...

mail

shpankey

not an idiot
Finally done with the install and patches. Off to play. PSN name: shpankey if anyone wants to invite me to play. Also, if you want me to gift anything to you msg me and I'll hook anyone from gaf up. :D

Dibbz

Damn it's almost 4:30 here and I've been playing the new track online for most of the evening. Never thought I'd love drag racing and just driving around in all my cars on an oval. Helps that the track looks amazing.

ibahTds6KQyPJp.gif

Neo 007

One thing I always thought would be a nice addition to GT5..(that WAS in GT4) would be the addition of a odometer.
Placed just across or under the speedo needle.
Then you could see at a glance what distance your chosen ride has covered.

shpankey

not an idiot
Damn it's almost 4:30 here and I've been playing the new track online for most of the evening. Never thought I'd love drag racing and just driving around in all my cars on an oval. Helps that the track looks amazing.

ibahTds6KQyPJp.gif

Have my baby PD!

p.s. Why does the game show me a 2.03 update and its details, but my game is only at 2.02 and I can't figure out where I'm supposed to do the 2.03 update. Is there some secret menu I need to find? I see the 2.03 update in the news thingy (top right) and I can click on it, read all about it and what it does, but I don't see an actual button to do the update. Help. :)

Syn23

Why does the game show me a 2.03 update and its details, but my game is only at 2.02 and I can't figure out where I'm supposed to do the 2.03 update. Is there some secret menu I need to find? I see the 2.03 update in the news thingy (top right) and I can click on it, read all about it and what it does, but I don't see an actual button to do the update. Help. :)
It should update automatically when you launch it from the xmb, like every other game. Yesterday the PSN had some issues, maybe today it will work.

Stoffinator

There is a bug in B Spec race with the Endurance race for Laguna Seca. When my car pits it sits and waits after all service is done for like a min. It appear it waits for all the cars on track to pass. :-\

torontoml

Something has been bugging me for quite some time about the Nurburgring. Does anyone know why the speed of any car I am driving is limited in the back portion of the track around Km 12?

Angst

Something has been bugging me for quite some time about the Nurburgring. Does anyone know why the speed of any car I am driving is limited in the back portion of the track around Km 12?

? It's definitely not supposed to be limited anywhere on the track except when entering and exiting the pit.

torontoml

? It's definitely not supposed to be limited anywhere on the track except when entering and exiting the pit.

Well I was just doing some laps in an SLS and around that point the max I could hit was like 210 km/h, and it was holding there steady for like 5-10 seconds, so if it wasn't limited i should have been able to go faster. On the main straight I was hitting like 300 km/h, so the car could obviously go above 210 just not at that point of the track.

EDIT: It isn't like bouncing off the limiter or anything, but its like the car doesn't have the power to push past that point. Like if it was climbing a really steep hill, but there doesn't appear to be one to me.

Angst

Well I was just doing some laps in an SLS and around that point the max I could hit was like 210 km/h, and it was holding there steady for like 5-10 seconds, so if it wasn't limited i should have been able to go faster. On the main straight I was hitting like 300 km/h, so the car could obviously go above 210 just not at that point of the track.

EDIT: It isn't like bouncing off the limiter or anything, but its like the car doesn't have the power to push past that point. Like if it was climbing a really steep hill, but there doesn't appear to be one to me.

I'm not doubting you, I've just never heard anyone else with that particular problem. Obvious explanation would of course be that you ran out of fuel, but that is not the case as you say that the speed increases again later on the track. Weirdest bug ever.

As you clearly have some kind of (very unusual) bug, my advice is to the delete all game data on your PS3 (not the save data) and reinstall the game + redownload all the patches. Better prepare a big sandwich btw...

Angst

Yeah that part of the track is uphill.

Lol yeah, forgot about that. Please disregard my "reinstall everything" post and try it with a higher powered car and you should be able to reach higher speeds.

It's easy to miss that it's uphill as the visual references doesn't really point to it being an uphill section (at least they don't to me).

Remember that your corner exit speed leading into an uphill section is critical. You can lose a ton of time if you get it wrong going into the Kesselchen section.

rvy

Banned
Is the DLC Country locked? I'm asking because I own a UK version of the game and I use the Portuguese PSN to download stuff. I was already ripped off with the GoW III extra costumes, which don't work because of exactly that, I don't feel like doing it again.

Dibbz

I done a check yesterday regarding the GT5 Audio and just wanted to post this.

6732547099_13bde14e6a_b.jpg

Top two are with the audio set to Large Cinema, bottom two are audio set to Living room. Seriously even if you do not have a 5.1 sound set up you are losing a lot of the dynamic range in GT5's sounds leaving it set to living room.

I'll have a sound test up at some point to show how big a difference it makes.

dalin80

Banned
Just realised that my stock mclaren f1 scrapes 218mph before starting to lose speed.

:sigh:

For all the attention to detail PD occasionally shows there really are so many daft things.

dubc35

I'm coming up on $20M, any reason to get the Ferrari 330 P4 over the Ford Mark IV, or vice versa? I already have the F1 cars.

I'm coming up on $20M, any reason to get the Ferrari 330 P4 over the Ford Mark IV, or vice versa? I already have the F1 cars.

The Mark IV looks better, sounds better, and is faster. Both are great cars and you should have them both (along with the Jag), but if you need to pick one to start with make it the Mark IV.

I done a check yesterday regarding the GT5 Audio and just wanted to post this.

6732547099_13bde14e6a_b.jpg

Top two are with the audio set to Large Cinema, bottom two are audio set to Living room. Seriously even if you do not have a 5.1 sound set up you are losing a lot of the dynamic range in GT5's sounds leaving it set to living room.

I'll have a sound test up at some point to show how big a difference it makes.

Wait, top one is better? Doesn't the bottom one mean you're hearing more sounds?

My biggest problem with GT5 audio is if you're on stereo ALOT of stuff gets cut. Try setting the camera to third person view and crash the front of the car into a wall, then set it to back view and do it again. Night and day.

Gotta get me some 5.1 headphones.

Dibbz

What gokieks said. Audio should not be at 80% when the car is miles away. It's basically the loudness war that has effected music for years now.

Everything is cranked up in the default Living Room mode but it is not accurate. Louder noises does not make it all of a sudden sound better, which is what Gutter and a few others were saying when people were bringing up Shift 2.

Niks

I tried the large cinema setting, and I have to crank up the volume pretty high on my receiver, is that normal? Also music sounds softer.

That's normal, yeah.

The dynamic range is compessed in the TV mode like a 'night mode' on a reciever does, it boosts the quieter sounds and flattens it all out.

Syn23

Actually the waveform with Living Room settings doesn't look as bad as some of the ones that you see when you analyze songs (clear example, here), but the fact that the distribution of sounds during a race is very different than the one you have in a song could make me misjudge it. Anyway, maybe Living Room is indeed the best option if you're using low quality built-in tv speakers. Undoubtedly, the other settings are the best ones if you have a proper audio setup.

baekshi

Banned
What are the DLCs in XL Edition?

I have all DLCs expect last weeks Car Pack #3.

Anyway, how big is the installation? Do I have to do it over again even if I have it already?

I'm going to buy it by next week, would love to have my second GT5 :)

AndyD

aka andydumi
What are the DLCs in XL Edition?

I have all DLCs expect last weeks Car Pack #3.

Anyway, how big is the installation? Do I have to do it over again even if I have it already?

I'm going to buy it by next week, would love to have my second GT5 :)

It has everything except last week's DLC.

Dibbz

All OT's get moved to the Community if they are active for a while in Gaming. OT's usually knock down other threads because of their activity which is a problem.

Like Dibbz said, driving around Route X drag racing or just driving your cars is so addictive, I joined some rooms online where everyone was limiting themselves to 80mph like on the motorway and it was awesome just driving along the track with 12 other cars all around you.

ibwojTRZhiUAcr.gif

Top Bottom