• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

HELP!!!!!

My problem is well I'm trying to select a vehicle that I got redeem codes for my own not shared and all of sudden its telling me

NSX GT500 Stealth Model is not installed. Please install it again. In addition to that it will not let me select the vehicle just beneath in the garage screen, eventhough it reads Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model that isn't the car in the tumbnail. Each picture has a yellow/amber caution "I" on the left border.

How do I get this fix? I have rebooted the PS3, Quit Game ect...

This is on a new PS3 because I my other one bit the dust and has been deactivated.

HELP!!!!!

My problem is well I'm trying to select a vehicle that I got redeem codes for my own not shared and all of sudden its telling me

NSX GT500 Stealth Model is not installed. Please install it again. In addition to that it will not let me select the vehicle just beneath in the garage screen, eventhough it reads Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model that isn't the car in the tumbnail. Each picture has a yellow/amber caution "I" on the left border.

This is on a new PS3 because I my other one bit the dust and has been deactivated.

Redownload them on the PS store

Dibbz

Not sure if it will help but you can press triangle when in your garage and redo thumbnails. That might be causing a problem.

Also I'm sure that your Stealth cars should be in your PSN download list. I'm sure mine are but I will double check tomorrow to make sure.

Just took this shot. Crazy that this is a standard.

6739602905_864e2958d0_b.jpg

brentech

That is a good looking standard.

I'm currently going through my premium cars and pretty much selling everything other than cars that haven't been switched to. Mostly because I don't know what cars have had the oil change trick done to them, and I just want everything to be normal.

I'll re-buy all the cars 2 or 3 times.
1.) Stock car with no aero improvements. Can buy non-permanent upgrades and use the setting sheets to switch between parts. I just love driving the cars as they come.
2.) Car with aero improvements and non-permanent upgrades (mostly for front and side skirts, most that have the option look really sharp)
3.) Stage 3 permanent upgrades and reinforcement with aero improvements.

Yeah....I'm kind of crazy.

I really wish the multi-make races of arcade mode could be brought into A-Spec so you could make your own events. I agree with arcade mode being it's own thing, but why they only have 1make races in practice and credits can't be earned is beyond me. It would make for infinite awesomeness.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The 2 vehicles are not DLC, they were redeem codes that I was awarded by SCEA so i'm at a lost.

Check your download or service list. It should be there.

@brentech: Instead of selling your premiums, you should give them away... to... oh... say... me? I could use them and focus on the Standards for the grind. I don't care about the oil change trick or not. I just need them to check list.

I got a doubt. If theres a championship in a race do I have to clear the stages individually or is it enough playing the championship to get the gold trophies and clearing it?

Theonik

I got a doubt. If theres a championship in a race do I have to clear the stages individually or is it enough playing the championship to get the gold trophies and clearing it?
To get the reward car and clear the championship you need to clear the whole championship and get a gold in the end. You can then gold any races you didn't win at your leisure.

Angst

To get the reward car and clear the championship you need to clear the whole championship and get a gold in the end. You can then gold any races you didn't win at your leisure.
Yep and it's worth mentioning that you don't need to gold the individual races for 100% completion.

offshore

Just took this shot. Crazy that this is a standard.

Banding really ruins GT5.

Anyway, how cool is Route X? Seems like it's the new "it" track at the moment. Set to 8:00am, with all HUD off, emerging from the tunnel it to sunrise looks pretty f'king great. Though it makes me wonder why Route X can have night racing, but Daytona can't. Daytona at night would be tops. Love the blue stretch of road as well...

6742309621_c4fb331e62_b.jpg

Anyway, how cool is Route X? Seems like it's the new "it" track at the moment. Set to 8:00am, with all HUD off, emerging from the tunnel it to sunrise looks pretty f'king great. Though it makes me wonder why Route X can have night racing, but Daytona can't. Daytona at night would be tops. Love the blue stretch of road as well...

Just played this track yesterday online and love it

shpankey

not an idiot
HELP!!!!!

When u 1st get into the game go to the far bottom right, a red button reads: "Downloadable Content", click it. You will see a list of items, go to your item & click it. It will then install it. When done it will then read: "Installed" under it. Now hit Circle button & go to the "GT Mode" on the far bottom left. It looks like a little house icon button. Click on it. Now on the bottom towards the left side you'll see a big rig diesel truck that says: "Car Delivery". Click on it. In there u should see your new car. Click on it to take delivery of it. Now it's yours.

Angst

When u 1st get into the game go to the far bottom right, a red button reads: "Downloadable Content", click it. You will see a list of items, go to your item & click it. It will then install it. When done it will then read: "Installed" under it. Now hit Circle button & go to the "GT Mode" on the far bottom left. It looks like a little house icon button. Click on it. Now on the bottom towards the left side you'll see a big rig diesel truck that says: "Car Delivery". Click on it. In there u should see your new car. Click on it to take delivery of it. Now it's yours.
This applies for purchased DLC, not the bonus content given away (pre-order cars).

offshore

Just played this track yesterday online and love it

This seems to be the common perception, so I hope this leads to more ovals in the game, as Daytona and now Route X are the most popular tracks online as far as I can tell. Talladega, Bristol, Darlington... would be so good to have them in. Route X shows that Talladega in GT5 could work really well with dual car drafts. Although still not happy with the weak slipstream, it's still far too strong.

Stoffinator

This seems to be the common perception, so I hope this leads to more ovals in the game, as Daytona and now Route X are the most popular tracks online as far as I can tell. Talladega, Bristol, Darlington... would be so good to have them in. Route X shows that Talladega in GT5 could work really well with dual car drafts. Although still not happy with the weak slipstream, it's still far too strong.

Man I hope we get no more ovals. I want some real life tracks. Real racing tracks.

This applies for purchased DLC, not the bonus content given away (pre-order cars).

Still stuff that has been Downloaded is on the PS store for future download. No reason for it to disappear since they aren't a 1 time download or transferred by USB. I had my GS pre-order cars delete since I didn't had the game anymore. Re bought the XL Edition and re downloaded them and now they're there. They first showed up with a yellow exclamation mark and told me to re download which I did.

offshore

I want some real life tracks. Real racing tracks.

No complaints here, I'd like more real racing tracks too. Oval racing is very popular online however, and the addition of a 'Dega or Bristol would be welcome. Route X proves that 'Dega especially could work very well. What real life tracks PD are working on now though is anyone's guess.

Brands Hatch, Donington... I'd absolutely love them too...

dubc35

D'oh! I just failed. I ran about 45 min of the Tsukuba 4 hour enduro and paused to take a break for a while with the intention to return. However I overlooked the fact that I had the auto turn off still on the ps3. So I was watching TV with my wife and heard the DFGT start turning in the office and was like "Oh shit!" Yep, turned off on me. :( I guess it is better for it to happen on the 4 hour one only 45 min than like 22 hours into a 24 hour race.

I've since gone back and tried to finish up all the old A-Spec but the Nascar A-Spec race is the biggest bullshit I've ever seen. The fucking horseshit AI cars SPIN YOU OUT and race like you're not even on the track. I do fine on the first three tracks but Laguna Seca and Daytona I've been spun out 9 times in a row now.

Dead Man

I've since gone back and tried to finish up all the old A-Spec but the Nascar A-Spec race is the biggest bullshit I've ever seen. The fucking horseshit AI cars SPIN YOU OUT and race like you're not even on the track. I do fine on the first three tracks but Laguna Seca and Daytona I've been spun out 9 times in a row now.

Yeah, the impact physics are still pretty one sided.

God I loved the NASCAR A-Spec races (the B-Spec sucked). I'm pretty sure Daytona was really easy too, probably just need to set your transmission higher and draft to the lead then prevent the other cars from drafting you. Laguna Seca and GVS took me a few times because you have to really baby the tires, and pit at the right time. I loved the races though.

Emwitus

I have no idea how Polyphony nail the lighting. With all the shades of grey we've had this generation, GT5 can be quiet the sight. Look at all those different coloured lights! :O

FPS comparison - retail vs post-patches
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM4cJmiCKtU

Difference is amazing, they've really worked hard all that time.

wow rock solid 60fps bitches. Fucking PD are wizards.

What kind of magic is this. London was one of the worst offenders too. I wonder if they analyzed footage from 720p native or 1280x1080? Either way, the framerate didn't seem to be limited to display resolution pre-patch since similar frame drops were present in both cases.

i'd sacrifice spectator to get my stable framrate anyday ...
Congrats PD stable 30fps is what is important

Polyphony

I'm not sensitive to tearing or frame drops but I'd be curious to see how well 2.03 performs with dynamic time and weather in comparison to 1.00. To be honest, I didn't even notice that the game ran smoother with the latest patches. Locked 60 fps in all conditions would be quite the accomplishment.

I'm not sensitive to tearing or frame drops but I'd be curious to see how well 2.03 performs with dynamic time and weather in comparison to 1.00. To be honest, I didn't even notice that the game ran smoother with the latest patches. Locked 60 fps in all conditions would be quite the accomplishment.

It slowed up quite a bit in yesterdays race at the start line :p Not sure about tearing.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I noticed an improvement way back when they removed the spectators. I think that was a dramatic improvement, but it was not the most recent patch it was in the summer or even earlier I think.

KKRT00

GT5 just needs a little more AA to really look stellar.

You cant have more AA on consoles then what GT 5 already does, unfortunately (4x MSAA + TAA in 720p).
They could combine some SMAA tech, but it wouldnt work great in 60fps probably.

We don't know what engine optimization they have performed. I suspect the majority of the improvements comes from simply removing trackside objects.

Earlier You had spikes when You were upclose to cars and even when there werent any spectators nearby. Its not just that simple as "lets kill all civilians and get 33% fps boost".

Top Bottom