• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

offshore

What luck... backed up my save literally two nights ago, first time in months, and tonight GT5 crashes and my save got corrupted. Back up your saves, people...

offshore

They need to fix that stupid HDR "blink" when you change camera angle/views on certain tracks like Route 246 still. :|

In cockpit view, this drives me crazy.

They also need to fix the paint sys - ah, who we kidding, we're not getting a new paint system. I find it incredible how Sony have managed to get away with selling paint that can only be used once...

They also need to fix the paint sys - ah, who we kidding, we're not getting a new paint system. I find it incredible how Sony have managed to get away with selling paint that can only be used once...

Pages and pages ago I touched on that as well. My only 'real' complaint with GT5 now.

They should just do away with quantities. Once you have the paint chip, you always have it. Just costs you 1000 credits to 'refill the paint tin' or whatever each time you apply it. Tiny change that would make it so much more useable.

offshore

Unlimited quantities for acquired chips would enhance this game so much for me. Or just have a paint chip store, and one with a proper full car preview. This system is so bad, I never get tired of complaining about it. This is one "unique" area, as amar likes to put it, that we can definitely do without.

Pollux

So I've had this for a while but just really started playing. Got to level 7 in A-Spec tonight. This game is just amazing. I'm loving every minute of it. Do I need to get some kind of racing wheel or is the controller fine? Does it really make that much of a difference?

So I've had this for a while but just really started playing. Got to level 7 in A-Spec tonight. This game is just amazing. I'm loving every minute of it. Do I need to get some kind of racing wheel or is the controller fine? Does it really make that much of a difference?

I've put in significant time with both, and while, you can work to achieve comparable times with the controller, the racing wheel is an unparalleled driving experience.

If you can find a good wheel(the Driving Force GT is a great entry level wheel) I'd highly recommend it.

Angst

As Cleveland says, the experience is night and day. Sure, you might be able to pull off as good lap times with a controller, but racing with a wheel is just so much more rewarding. I was in the same position as you a couple of years ago, once I tried racing with a wheel at a mate's place I went out and bought wheel immediately.

As Cleveland says, the experience is night and day. Sure, you might be able to pull of as good lap times with a controller, but racing with a wheel is just so much more rewarding. I was in the same position as you a couple of years ago, once I tried racing with a wheel at a mate's place I went out and bought wheel immediately.
+1

My mate brought his G25 to my gaff. I went and bought a G27 the next day. The actual act of driving is so much more rewarding.

G27 + Team Oreca Dodge Viper GTS-R + Nordeschleife = Perfection.

offshore

routexd1uf7.gif

Well I finally beat the BS Nascar A-Spec race. I golded everything and could've just quit at Daytona and still would've won it all but I decided to give the game the benefit of the doubt.

Got spun out on the 9th lap.

lawl.

amar212

I'm having that issue in my EU account (stuck at 110%) while my US account still gets increased bonus everyday.

You can pretty much *force* the bonus by cheating on the "Time Zone" settings in the XMB.

Bonus is issued on midnight (00:00) for all versions of the game. Unlike for car gifting which is tied for the game-server and your PSN profile, Login Bonus is tied with console-clock.

What you can easily do to get back to 200% bonus in around one hour is to start the game just before 18:00 CET and get the first bonus (110%). After that game saves automatically and than you just quit to the XMB. Go to Settings > Time and Date Settings > Time Zone Settings. There you scroll to part with cities tied to 5+ hours approx.

You will notice a strange pattern around city of Bishkek - the time zones have breakdown of 15 minutes, not 1-hour breakdown as all other cities (zones). You go to the +6:00 to force console-clock to forward to 23:55 (for example) of the current day. Wait for 5 minutes, console gets to midnight (00:00) and you start the game again. Look, there is your 130% bonus. Save > Quit to XMB > Settings > Time and Date Settings > Time Zone Settings. Get back one step, where TZ is +5.45. Wait for 15 minutes, midnight again, start game, look, 150%.

Step and repeat for 2 more times and you have your 200% bonus back in matter of one hour.

Of course, if you use *regular* 1-hour step it can take longer, but in the worse-case-scenario you can revert your bonus back to 200% in mater of 4 hours (with 4 consecutive Time Zone changes and 4 consecutive logins in regular periods).

Notice that Time Zone changes does not make any difference to your online play, save backup or anything, it is just a virtual time-stamp inside the RAM. As I said above, changing the time zone can't make any difference to the limit for item sending, but you'll net some paints/museum cars fast in the process.

All above it the method still works, haven't been playing for last 3 days and I have no idea is this *problem* with game being stuck at 110% maybe on the server-side. I can confirm for method working flawlessly for past months, I have been using it with no problems whatsoever.

Picked up XL today and just put it in, quick question I already downloaded the spec II update to my hard drive about 2 months ago.

Is the update on the disk? Should I keep the data on the hd or what?

Picked up XL today and just put it in, quick question I already downloaded the spec II update to my hard drive about 2 months ago.

Is the update on the disk? Should I keep the data on the hd or what?

Its on the disk and if you delete it then you would have to reinstall again from the disk, so dont delete it.

Important PSA: My GT5 install size is 16GB!!!!!!

Out of curiosity, how much space does your install take up?

Theres a mandatory 2.2GB for the XL Edition. And adding the optional update which is 10Gb (dunno if it went up due to updates, which may be considering the amount of new content) I think it would sum up to that. Id check now but my g/f watching the TV.

Theres a mandatory 2.2GB for the XL Edition. And adding the optional update which is 10Gb (dunno if it went up due to updates, which may be considering the amount of new content) I think it would sum up to that. Id check now but my g/f watching the TV.

Where do I get the optional update?

Also do I need to DL the spec 2.0 opening for it to use that opening?

dc89

Guys I got a matte black paint the other night! I need some suggestions as to what car it looks awesome on. I have quite a good car collection so suggest anything.

offshore

I think it is my mass collection NRL replays... some are over 50mb.

I think they're only that size once exported. I've got about 100 replays saved and I'm still only 11GB. Speaking of, I hope we get the ability to label and a proper export to AVI, not just export to a save file, which half the time asks to overwrite a previous save. Not having the ability to add labels/comments to them is crazy. Forget which replay is which.

So I installed all the DLC from XL and did the install from the options menu and my GT5 data is right around 10 gigs is that corrrect?

also you guys said you can force it to play in 720p mode? are you talking about just using the PS3 to do that.

magawolaz

Rome Time Trial No. 28 is way too hard. That 86 is sliding all over the place.
Mmm, why are you using the Toyota 86 in that time trial?

I used the Aventador :lol

Unless you meant Tsukuba. I managed to get the gold with the stock car, then I started hotlapping with a tuned one.
So far: 1:12.086 (lol)

EDIT: why is this topic under Community?
And what happened to Goldrusher's abload account (for the pics in the original OT)? :(

And what happened to Goldrusher's abload account (for the pics in the original OT)? :(

OTs get moved to the community section after a while. Goldrusher got banned, not sure about his account. Hopefully the ban wasn't permanent and he didn't disable the account on purpose.

paskowitz

Mmm, why are you using the Toyota 86 in that time trial?

I used the Aventador :lol

Unless you meant Tsukuba. I managed to get the gold with the stock car, then I started hotlapping with a tuned one.
So far: 1:12.086 (lol)

I was like WTF how did someone get a 1:09... then I realized you could tune the car. Suddenly my 1:11 did not look so bad.

Top Bottom