• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

gokieks

lol, this one is awesome, we gotta try this some time.

BcOpnhLjzHgbvKw2T6r_0.jpg

That is fantastic.

Ark

Speaking of pictures, here are some picture of our league's latest race at Spa with 15 people. Awesome race, a race video should follow before the end of the weekend too.

offshore

ugh no thanks, just play gt4 if you want ps2 graphics

Out of a track list of 38, PD remade just five tracks from GT4. It's going to take a decade for PD to rebuild every PS2 track, so they may as well just port them to GT5 for the interim. A point that has been repeated ad nauseam, and we still don't get why they haven't done it, nor why they didn't it in the first place.

Mxrz

There's a big difference between GT4 and GT5 in a lot of areas beyond graphics.

At this stage in the game's retail life, I can't see it hurting anything. But PD is PD and going to do what they do.

Daaaaaamn, a friend of mine posted a blog entry about her trip through Kyoto and posted some pictures.

8DAwT.jpg

Reminds you of something?

PD really are gods. :bow

BHK3

Banned
I was thinking of getting this, how are the graphics on the standard cars and how big is the install/loading times?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I was thinking of getting this, how are the graphics on the standard cars and how big is the install/loading times?

A lot of the worst offending standards have been recently updated so they actually look quite good.

The main install is optional, I think there is a very small mandatory one then a large optional. But the patches are obviously mandatory if you want the latest and greatest. As to loading times, they are better than at launch, but they vary by track/race setup so its hard to say.

Overall, I would expect to install ~15GB for best performance, and loads from a few seconds to about 30 or so. Definitely in line with other games this generation.

I hope the voice speaking against this is much stronger. I don't mind driving around Laguna Seca at all. I wouldn't mind if other tracks are like that in the mean time.

Me too.

I'd rather have "low-res" tracks with GT5 effects, resolution, cars and driving model than, you know, nothing.

Niks

I was watching a recap of the 24hours of nurburgring... Kaz should do a car pack with the cars in that race. They sponsor the race afterall.

Audi R8 LMS
BMW M3 GT
Mercedes SLS GT
Porsche 911 GT3 (yeah right)

Polyphony

I wouldn't mind driving on more old PS2 tracks either. Of course I'd like to see them re-done eventually, but it's better than nothing. Substance over style.

Also, there's a big difference between playing it on GT4 and GT5... like you know, the driving model.

amar212

no thanks, quality>quantity

In terms of track - whatever.

GT5 desperately needs more tracks. Although I still can't understand problem some vocal critics have with so called "standard tracks", I'd take any of the GT2/GT3/GT4/TT courses in the exact same quality presented in GT5.

I have no single problem with any of them, from Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley or Laguna Seca. They look great, you can drive car on them, surfaces feels great and replays are astonishing.

And since the beauty lies in the eye of beholder, I would welcome them all in my GT5 for any price PD think it will suffice, I don't care, take my money.

magawolaz

GT5 desperately needs more tracks. Although I still can't understand problem some vocal critics have with so called "standard tracks", I'd take any of the GT2/GT3/GT4/TT courses in the exact same quality presented in GT5.

I have no single problem with any of them, from Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley or Laguna Seca. They look great, you can drive car on them, surfaces feels great and replays are astonishing.

And since the beauty lies in the eye of beholder, I would welcome them all in my GT5 for any price PD think it will suffice, I don't care, take my money.
This. I don't care about the quality, just give me the tarmac.

This.

El Capitan please.

I don't know man, I have a hard time playing on Laguna Seca because of how bad it looks, I'm not sure if I would want a bunch a low-res gt4 tracks.

Niks

Yeah I think Trial Mountain and Laguna Seca are the biggest offenders.

So, any news on the DLC? Any word on why was it postponed?

offshore

I don't know man, I have a hard time playing on Laguna Seca because of how bad it looks, I'm not sure if I would want a bunch a low-res gt4 tracks.

It's pretty unlikely they'll be another GT4 track that looks as bad as Laguna Seca, so they should just chuck them all in to GT5 while we wait for next-gen and for PD to rebuild them.

But yeah, Laguna Seca is just... it's embarrassing how bad it looks.

Mxrz

I actually always like Laguna a lot, so I never paid much attention to how it looked. It's nice that some tracks are crazy snazzy, but I don't see how you can go "EWWW!" at the old ones either.

I fire up the PS2 & GT3 from time to time for the old tracks. It isn't so much the 480i that stands out as it is how arcade-like GT3 now feels. I want those old tracks under GT5's mechanics. I'm guessing its a lot more work than PD is willing to do. Which is a shame. Much as I love GT5, I've been a little bored with it the last few months. I wish they would hire a couple of DLC/track guys to bring up some old tracks while the main team works on GT6 or whatnot.

dalin80

Banned
It would be nice if the game would replace various (over-used) tracks from the a/b-spec events with any dlc track you may own on a cycling system so you can run the exact same league again but have a different batch of tracks including DLC ones, may help make the standard game less boring.

Also the insane financial rewards for the seasonals has pretty much killed off any point of the a/b-spec game anyway and that needs addressing.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Just bought the game. Is there a "must have" dlc at the moment or can I wait and just play the game regularly?

paskowitz

Just bought the game. Is there a "must have" dlc at the moment or can I wait and just play the game regularly?

The course pack that includes Spa (IDK if there is still a bundle package, but I would get that if it is still up). And car pack 3 with the Aventador, V12 Vantage and the Jaguar LMP car. Those two together should set you pack $11.

Emwitus

Wow, and i've been following gtplanet for a while just to catch up on the news and there's this mod on that site, no offense but he runs the place like a dictatorship.My goodness.

An example:

TheeFrogmanlego
all you get on BL you get on PSN for free and NO it doesn't run smoother
Sorry but that's not true.

Live gets you party chat and cloud saves, PSN doesn't offer you the first and only offers you the second as part of a charged service.

By all means state your opinions on the two but please ensure you are accurate when doing so.

TheeFrogmanlego
sure halo 3 ETC may run better than some ps3 exclusives but no game on the xbox runs smoother than war hawk
I trust that you can provide sources to back up these claims?

If you want to discuss emotive subjects then please ensure that any facts you present are correct and that you don't pass opinion off as fact.

Oh and please see the PM I've just send about your grammar.

I wont mention names but yeah

offshore

I think it's a shame that we don't have a Scaff-type mod who posts in GAF GT threads. It would help stop some of the blind fanboy garbage that gets posted by some GT fans.

Anyway, Maintenance Notice is up for next Wednesday, so update probably coming then.

Emwitus

I think it's a shame that we don't have a Scaff-type mod who posts in GAF GT threads. It would help stop some of the blind fanboy garbage that gets posted by some GT fans.

Anyway, Maintenance Notice is up for next Wednesday, so update probably coming then.

lol. Yeah, while expressing his to another and correcting non-english speaking members grammatical mistakes.

Top Bottom