• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Emwitus

Except the poster in your example is from the US. It's pretty basic research, Emwitus...

My point is he seems to do that to everyone. Ironically, he made a grammatical mistake in his correction of a grammatical mistake.

EDIT: Anyway, I do not intend to derail this thread. I guess i will just continue to stay away from the abyss that is gtplanet.

amar212

I think it's a shame that we don't have a Scaff-type mod who posts in GAF GT threads. It would help stop some of the blind fanboy garbage that gets posted by some GT fans.

I agree, Scaff and Famine are doing the great job there on that subject, especially Scaff who really have nerves and patience to deal with nonsense in the two main "VS" threads. I presume it makes him happy, there is no other reasonable explanation.

And also worth noticing is that I personally have great respect to the grammar-policy of GTP. It does few things: keeps threads clean and readable, it allows for more mature discussion and it prevents stupid meme-4chan-type talk out of the forum.

And it is not really an abyss, problem are 10.000 new members that came to GTP when GT5 released and flooded the great community with crazyness and hyperboles. Two years later it is much more bearable, but still not near the golden era of 2006-2009.

Emwitus

Then i take my comments back, no offense intended. I'm not a regular on the boards and just been going through some threads over the past week. I guess i just got the tail end of things. My bad.

Polyphony

Very little news in GT5-land lately. Makes me wonder if they started shifting things over to GT6. Kaz mentionned that they'll start focusing on it more in 2012 iirc.

paskowitz

Very little news in GT5-land lately. Makes me wonder if they started shifting things over to GT6. Kaz mentionned that they'll start focusing on it more in 2012 iirc.

GT5 Online Service Maintenance Coming April 4th

When Polyphony Digital launched Gran Turismo 5‘s new Photostream service in Asia two weeks ago, they also mentioned the game’s previously announced “March 2012 update” had been postponed.

Since that time, fans have become increasingly restless to learn about the company’s future plans for the game. Although there’s still no details, fans do now have a potential date to hang their hopes on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012. Polyphony will be taking GT5‘s online services for approximately two hours, starting at 05:00 GMT/UTC.

It’s very important to remember that online maintenance does not always mean the game will be updated, and it certainly does not suggest new downloadable content is about to be announced. Most likely, this maintenance will see the launch of Photostream service for North America and Europe.

As always, stay tuned for more information over the next few days. Thanks to RickyGT for the quick tip!

@Amar. I joined 2008. I GTP was nice then. The GT5 speculation and then disappointment era was terrible (2010-2011). US Playstation forums were ok. They are basically dead now though. I always thought PD should run an official forum off of their site. Probably will never happen though. Kind of an American studio thing.

silvx180 (the guy that created those amazing drift videos) has returned with a new series. And the production quality is even better than those videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuR9WSfAl3s

17ac61.png

2d5f75.png

3niebr.png

406ddi.png

Polyphony

Lol, the anthem intro is so cheesy, but the production values are so good!

Just finished watching it, wow that was entertaining. Despite not understanding japanese, you could understand what the commentator was trying to convey. And at the end: "tu-ree wide, four wide, kurashu KURASHU!!!!"

Duriii

http://community.eu.playstation.com...novembre-prochain/m-p/15586487/highlight/true

Well, there are couple of things, that makes me pretty sceptical about this:

1. So far, it's the only site I found, that mentions this title. Sure, it's on the official PlayStation Forum, and the thread is made by one of the moderators of this forum, but I can't imagine an signifficant announcement of this kind of collection to be taken like this. But, it happened before...

2. Members of GTPlanet found couple of inaccuracies in the cover of that game, including using assets from GT5 or logos, that are placed in a wrong way. Of course that might as well be an early version of the cover. More: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248978

3. I can't imagine that relicensing that amount of music, cars, tracks etc. could be cheap and easy enough to consider making that kind of collection. Probably that's why we never had an HD remake of any racing game, at least as far as I can remember...

4. I know that this might be translation issue (maybe someone, who knows french can double check that?), but it sounds too unbelievable, to be really working, starting with different driving psychics of each game: "One updated Gran Turismo 5 will be available for Christmas 2012 in order to allow the possessors of GT5 to be able to confront the players of Gran Turismo HD Collection on special circuits in common with their own favorite stables!"

5. It's a dumb argument, but we had an april fools yesterday... But firstly it doesn't sound like a joke to to me, and secondly - topic from the first link was written in March 30.

So, what do you think of that: believable or not?

paskowitz

I can just imagine the feel of being proud about his complete accomplishment in last 15 years if Kazunori ever gets to see the work done by those guys.

Just so beautiful and so dedicated.

Thanx for this SS.

I twated?... twited... oh tweeted him the link.

Also,

Also, I will be the community test manager for the new Fanatec Club Sport Wheel on the US Playstation forums. mclaren777 will be the community test manager for NeoGAF. Please keep an eye out for his post in the coming days. For more information on what this means please refer to these two links: Link 1, link 2.

amar212

Also, I will be the community test manager for the new Fanatec Club Sport Wheel on the US Playstation forums. mclaren777 will be the community test manager for NeoGAF. Please keep an eye out for his post in the coming days. For more information on what this means please refer to these two links: Link 1, link 2.

Congrats Pask, glad you finally made it.

Unfortunately, I am not around this time, but I am looking forward to hear your opinions - I am really eager to see what CSW can do.

paskowitz

Congrats Pask, glad you finally made it.

Unfortunately, I am not around this time, but I am looking forward to hear your opinions - I am really eager to see what CSW can do.

Thanks.

I will be doing a full video run through of the wheel in addition to a written section.

While I cannot say this emphatically, it seems interest for the CSW test is significantly less than the CSR-E. This is mostly due to the $540 deposit that is required to test and the fact that it is not 360 compatible. As a result, I ask that if you know anyone from GTSurgeons.com that can speak English to head over to GTPlanet and or my post in the US PlaySation forums.

offshore

There are, you unlock more in the Grand Tour and Mercedes-AMG Easy special events.

Mercedes-Benz AMG Easy Gold: Winter Ahrweiler In Photo Travel
Mercedes-Benz AMG Easy Silver: Ahrweiler Gate In Photo Travel
Mercedes-Benz AMG Easy Bronze: Ahrweiler Street In Photo Travel

After 1 event: Lucerne - Chapel Bridge In Photo Travel
After 2 events: Siena, Piazza del Campo In Photo Travel
After 3 events: Main Square of San Gimignano In Photo Travel
After 4 events: Abbey of San Galgano In Photo Travel

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Omg wow, actual ingame unlocks :)! Thanks a lot, I'm having such a blast with this game.

Kaze13

The game that keeps on giving. What am I obsessing over now? The soundtrack. Just amazing. Why this game won any music awards I have no idea. The range is just sublime from jazz lounge to original compositions from series vets to newcomers. Current favorite track is memorabilia by Taku Yabuki. Love it.

Thought I would drop some GT5 pictures that I collaborated with on GTplanet. User Gtuned took the photographs and I edited them with all the effects and what not.

Click for HD.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
waaaaaaaaat... how?

Have you done post touchup work on them?

edit : I think my brain meant to ask " what did you change/add " since you already stated that you worked on the pics.

Watevaman

It's amazing how much even a little noise makes these pics look better. I know you did more than that, but GT5 pics look too clean and sterile straight out of the game.

Great job on the edits.

Niks

Great shots rocksteady.

So, any new info on DLC? Last rumor I saw, was that the supra was getting the premium treatment...

Bulk_Rate

So, I just got a PS3 specifically for GT5 (and Twisted Metal and Demon's Souls) and so far I love GT5. I played a ton of Forza 3 and a fair amount of F4, and so far GT's visuals are more compelling to me. The only thing I really prefer on F4 is rival's mode, but oh well.

It even supports my old school Logitech MOMO Force (Red) wheel, although the 270 degree rotation makes the cars too sensitive. 1/8 of a turn sent even the lowly Elise into terminal oversteer at Spa. There's no way to adjust steering ratios, is there? I needed an excuse to buy a G27 anyway.

Kaz seems to be posting on Twitter again. He seems to be really impressed by the silvx180 videos that people are linking him to. As I said before, i'd like to see PD hire him to produce videos for future GT games. It would allow them to keep a steady stream of high quality media coming out for them.

And Lucas tweeted this

What a day for me! Announced that I'll be competing #Nurburg24h in a GT-R with @Kaz_Yamauchi . Team @GTAcademy GT-R Polyphony Digital Team:)

http://twitter.com/Lucas_Ordonez/status/187501866207289344

l2ounD

Kaz seems to be posting on Twitter again. He seems to be really impressed by the silvx180 videos that people are linking him to. As I said before, i'd like to see PD hire him to produce videos for future GT games. It would allow them to keep a steady stream of high quality media coming out for them.

And Lucas tweeted this

http://twitter.com/Lucas_Ordonez/status/187501866207289344

whoa, thats actually really cool. Soon they can have a full team will old Academy grads.

But we need some DLC stat! I havent played GT in awhile. We need to get the races back running.

whoa, thats actually really cool. Soon they can have a full team will old Academy grads.

But we need some DLC stat! I havent played GT in awhile. We need to get the races back running.

I hoping for some Shelby Super Cars, Both the Utimate Aero TT & Twutara.

But that is merely a dream :(

Polyphony

After a little break, I'm finally getting back into the groove. I love it when people host one-make lobbies, or give a limited selection of cars that are relatively even. Even better if sports tires are enforced.

Kaze13

1. Does anybody else think that the AI is great except when you are coming up behind it? They slow down cause it knows you are there but it shouldn't. If they fixed this, it'd be perfect. Yes, I'm still bitching about this.
2. Shift 2 for free. Ya...glad it was free. I'll still play it but it's no GT5...not even close.
3. Track...give me free reign on the track creator and I'll be satisfied. If not, Midfield or Infineon please.

Thanks Gran Turismo! Destroying all of my friends records in Shift 2 is a piece of cake! Lol

namDa65

Just bought gt5 today. Enjoying the game, only thing that bugs me is when you hit a car, it makes a umpf sound that feels out of place... Love the handling and stuff so far though.

Ravage

1. Does anybody else think that the AI is great except when you are coming up behind it? They slow down cause it knows you are there but it shouldn't. If they fixed this, it'd be perfect. Yes, I'm still bitching about this.
2. Shift 2 for free. Ya...glad it was free. I'll still play it but it's no GT5...not even close.
3. Track...give me free reign on the track creator and I'll be satisfied. If not, Midfield or Infineon please.

Thanks Gran Turismo! Destroying all of my friends records in Shift 2 is a piece of cake! Lol

Playing Shift2 makes me appreciate GT5 more. Can't wait for the next track DLC.

Dead Man

Just bought gt5 today. Enjoying the game, only thing that bugs me is when you hit a car, it makes a umpf sound that feels out of place... Love the handling and stuff so far though.

Have you patched it? Or do you have the original 'bonk' sound of two rubber cars hitting each other?

Top Bottom