• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

ashk

Levels 35-40 are a pain in the ass to reach. Make sure to have the multiplier to 200%.
The best way to earn XP are Seasonal Events, Endurance Races and Vettel Chalenges.

I never heard of issues with exp in A-Spec, but if you want to be sure, head to the gt website and, under My Home/Profile page, move the cursor over the A-Spec level and read the total exp. Then make a race, earn exp, wait for the server to upload the total, refresh the page on gt website and look if the total experience changed.

You can also check the total XP in-game by going to your profile (the page containing all the stats like number of cars, % completion etc.) and moving the cursor over to where the A-spec or B-spec level is displayed.

magawolaz

You can also check the total XP in-game by going to your profile (the page containing all the stats like number of cars, % completion etc.) and moving the cursor over to where the A-spec or B-spec level is displayed.

Didn't know that, then it's even easier :)

The tyres on snow races are not only narrow and properly grooved once you fit your car for snow stages, they're also changing the complete rims to proper rally-style rims in order to make looks authentic.

It is like that since GT4.

Nothing authentic about this:

ahrweiler---town-squa5lklk.gif

Snow tyre is the same width as all the other tyres in the game, and looks nothing like the real world Pirelli Sottozero.

tyremyi1t.jpg

FFS! It's there just put it in the game already.

-Amon-

The Real Driving Simulator(TM)

Guess Polyphony should switch that to:

The Real Driving Arcade with physics that feel real only when we want you to think they're real(TM)

I'd like you to know something more about driving sims. But if you would, you'd know that all of them make big compromises to be drivable with a plastic wheel placed behind a screen.

All of them do, even the ones that try to simulate a bunch of cars.

paskowitz

Can anyone tell me if this bundle comes with ALL the DLC released so far for GT5? The description makes me think it only includes a few tracks and cars, but not all.

No it does not. It is only the fist DLC set (tracks, paint, suits, Tour Cars). That is a rip off. Just get the XL edition which comes with that DLC. The other packs are car pack 2 and car pack 3. There is also the speed course track. Those do not come with that gamestop offer or the XL edition.

This is what I would do. Get the XL Edition and Car Pack 3. That is really all you need.

No it does not. It is only the fist DLC set (tracks, paint, suits, Tour Cars). That is a rip off. Just get the XL edition which comes with that DLC. The other packs are car pack 2 and car pack 3. There is also the speed course track. Those do not come with that gamestop offer or the XL edition.

This is what I would do. Get the XL Edition and Car Pack 3. That is really all you need.
Wow, I assumed the XL edition came with everything. That's disappointing. I'll run out to Gamestop soon and grab the XL edition and buy the car pack 3 just like you said. Thanks for the reply and info.

Edit: Paskowitz, when you say Tour Cars, you mean car pack 1, right? That pack looks like the best imo.

amar212

amar we need you :D

Not in this moment of time I am afraid :/

Since earthquake everything changed totally.

I am afraid none of us can even remotely comprehend the the scope of influence it had on Polyphony. People there lost their family members, their complete lives as they knew it were gone and ruined and many of them had to change their complete living. At the end, more than half of the studio permanently left their Tokyo lives forever and moved to Fukouka to start from the scratch.

I haven't heard anything since than.

Sad times.

I have some hopes how something will be revealed at E3, but I really couldn't get any kind of denial or confirmation. From the earthquake Polyphony went into complete *private* mode where they do not talk even with people inside SCE. I think only man who are completely aware about their plans and future projects are Kazuo and Yoshida, but they both have their problems now and will never talk about it.

Also, Yoshida's stunt from E3 2010 will probably not be soon forgotten by Kaz and also the complete crazyness SCEI (than in hands of Stringer and Yoshida) pulled with PD with forcing them to finish GT5 just to accommodate their intention to have GT5 released in holiday 2010 will never be redeemed from Kaz position.

Sony basically started the stunt on E32010 with giving the release date for something that was still worked on and Kaz was probably going crazy because of it (remember how that was the first E3 where such GT-revelation was made and Kaz was not presenting it). And than came infamous Yoshida's interview and GT5's destiny was sealed. Polyphony had to go into 24/7 mode in order to fulfill Sony plans, but it was complete Mission Impossible.

They even had to postpone release twice: first from October to November, and than came the famous second delay officially explained by problems in BluRay production. And when they finally released it - we all know about the problems that were real and existing - you can only imagine how Kazunori felt about it. The single greatest and most spectacular project he was working on in his complete career and project that had to be a crown of Polyphony's dedication to perfection had to be released in state it was released because Stringer and Yoshida agreed about it. And reception and criticism probably literally killed him and his complete team. Imagine his feel about everything.

And for the end, remember how Yoshida had to recuperate himself later - when asked about future GT project in 2011, he said it is going to take few years. Really? No kidding. You should give them the last 12 months they were asking back in April 2010 prior to E3, Yosh. And everything would be drastically different.

Sad times indeed.

Toxa

:(

Everyone The NRL needs you

YXEcf.png

110902_101529.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1336244400z0.png

Allowed cars:
Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race car '00 (S)
Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (S)

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:
Gran Valley Speedway
Spa-Francorchamps​
Laps:
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (05 / 16):
  • 01 - Toxa
  • 02 - Niks
  • 03 - paskowitz
  • 04 - 2scoops
  • 05 - Kaze13
  • 06 - l2ounD
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - Norante
  • R2 - dubc35
  • R3 - magawolaz
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

No special rules this race​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

offshore

Also, Yoshida's stunt from E3 2010 will probably not be soon forgotten by Kaz

I sometimes wonder if weather got included just because yosp said it would. It makes no sense that PD couldn't see how bad weather looked, with that wiper tearing, pixelation and all. But then again, we never did get that stunt arena...

Can someone answer a quick question about B-spec drivers? What are the two seemingly different level bars? For example, my driver has just reached level 30, but when I get money and xp from a race, the bar for xp shows me at just under level 30 but about to reach it in a race or two. It's been puzzling me for ages what the two separate meters mean.

I'm no being dumb and it is something obvious :/ Thanks.

Polyphony

I sometimes wonder if weather got included just because yosp said it would. It makes no sense that PD couldn't see how bad weather looked, with that wiper tearing, pixelation and all. But then again, we never did get that stunt arena...

The solution to this is to play with bumper cam.

Also,

Try putting the wipers on. If the wipers don't tear massively, then they've improved it.

But it's unlikely the car count would increase, and the alpha is still going to look shit, we'll probably still have mammoth wiper tearing, so, dunno if want.

I guess we're never going to get a fix for the wiper tearing. I'd genuinely love to be part of the group who can't see it. Distracts the hell out of me. Ruins the rain/cockpit combo massively.

beating a dead horse there, PD is never going to fix it in this game or they would have by now, it's either an engine or hardware limitation or both.

The sad times were between 2005 and 2010.

We were promised GT4 in HD, with better physics and online mode as a launch title.
We ended up waiting no less than 4 years for a game with less content.

We would've received GTHD if people didn't lose their shit over the model that they were planning to use.

Dead Man

Since earthquake everything changed totally.

I am afraid none of us can even remotely comprehend the the scope of influence it had on Polyphony. People there lost their family members, their complete lives as they knew it were gone and ruined and many of them had to change their complete living. At the end, more than half of the studio permanently left their Tokyo lives forever and moved to Fukouka to start from the scratch.

I haven't heard anything since than.

Sad times.

I have some hopes how something will be revealed at E3, but I really couldn't get any kind of denial or confirmation. From the earthquake Polyphony went into complete *private* mode where they do not talk even with people inside SCE. I think only man who are completely aware about their plans and future projects are Kazuo and Yoshida, but they both have their problems now and will never talk about it.

Also, Yoshida's stunt from E3 2010 will probably not be soon forgotten by Kaz and also the complete crazyness SCEI (than in hands of Stringer and Yoshida) pulled with PD with forcing them to finish GT5 just to accommodate their intention to have GT5 released in holiday 2010 will never be redeemed from Kaz position.

Sony basically started the stunt on E32010 with giving the release date for something that was still worked on and Kaz was probably going crazy because of it (remember how that was the first E3 where such GT-revelation was made and Kaz was not presenting it). And than came infamous Yoshida's interview and GT5's destiny was sealed. Polyphony had to go into 24/7 mode in order to fulfill Sony plans, but it was complete Mission Impossible.

They even had to postpone release twice: first from October to November, and than came the famous second delay officially explained by problems in BluRay production. And when they finally released it - we all know about the problems that were real and existing - you can only imagine how Kazunori felt about it. The single greatest and most spectacular project he was working on in his complete career and project that had to be a crown of Polyphony's dedication to perfection had to be released in state it was released because Stringer and Yoshida agreed about it. And reception and criticism probably literally killed him and his complete team. Imagine his feel about everything.

And for the end, remember how Yoshida had to recuperate himself later - when asked about future GT project in 2011, he said it is going to take few years. Really? No kidding. You should give them the last 12 months they were asking back in April 2010 prior to E3, Yosh. And everything would be drastically different.

Sad times indeed.

I appreciate they were forced to release an unfinished product. But they are also not only answering to themselves these days, and they were taking too long. There was no good answer for Sony.

Kaze13

FFS are we back on this topic again? How about we go back to talking about NRL shenanigans to kill time before E3/TGS?

The way you guys are talking makes me not want to get the game. I bought it at launch, but was so disappointed by the standard car thing and horrible menus. I traded it in a few weeks after launch. Now, I sold Forza 4 and my Xbox360. I was going to pick this up again since the Spec 2.0 update released and I was given a DFGT, but not sure if I should now.

How about we do a Time Trial?

Shamelessly stolen from GTPlanet:

This week is Maserati Gran Turismo at Deep Forest and tyre choice is SPORTS HARD. All aids are to be turned off except ABS on 1. Transmission and grip choice (low/real) is down to you.

The car must be accessed via ARCADE MODE!

When sending your times in please could you use the following format:

Driver:

Time:

Transmission: Auto/Manual (if manual state whether clutch used)

Controller: DS3/wheel

ABS:

Brake Balance: Front/Rear (only applicable if ABS is off)

paskowitz

The way you guys are talking makes me not want to get the game. I bought it at launch, but was so disappointed by the standard car thing and horrible menus. I traded it in a few weeks after launch. Now, I sold Forza 4 and my Xbox360. I was going to pick this up again since the Spec 2.0 update released and I was given a DFGT, but not sure if I should now.

This is what I say to every person who makes this statement. If you have a wheel it is worth picking up again. If you just play with a controller and usually have most of the aids on, then maybe its best not to get the game again.

The game has been vastly improved. Not major things like menus, but a lot of small things, like loading, frame rate stability, physics feel, force feedback feel, subtle lighting effects, endurance race saves, Ai is now somewhat competent (still sucks, but its better), online stability, etc, etc. There is a lot that is better, you may not notice it all but PD and his team have really done an admirable job regarding post launch support. Certainly above and beyond most devs who just run away from their own self created shit.

offshore

beating a dead horse there

Hence my post wondering if it was yosp saying weather would be in as the reason it was lumped in with such poor results. But I'm not gonna apologise for moaning about it a lot: it's a very obvious and fundamental distraction.

A least on PS4 it should be solved. The work they've done with rain is really impressive, even if the PS3 isn't capable of displaying it properly.

Hence my post wondering if it was yosp saying weather would be in as the reason it was lumped in with such poor results. But I'm not gonna apologise for moaning about it a lot: it's a very obvious and fundamental distraction.

A least on PS4 it should be solved. The work they've done with rain is really impressive, even if the PS3 isn't capable of displaying it properly.

Weather was already heavily hinted by pd. And we got gameplay with it on tgs. Doubt they added that in just a few months. He was just pissed about the ninja reveal

I appreciate they were forced to release an unfinished product. But they are also not only answering to themselves these days, and they were taking too long. There was no good answer for Sony.

I really hope all the time they spent future proofing the models makes for a quick turn around and PS4 launch GT6. Sony desperately needs this game at launch.

Dead Man

I really hope all the time they spent future proofing the models makes for a quick turn around and PS4 launch GT6. Sony desperately needs this game at launch.

I hope so, but I don't think that will be the case. There are so many new models of car between now and any reasonable PS4 date, I think they will be months behind again. I hope I'm wrong though.

offshore

I'm pretty surprised at the amount of people on GT Planet who want and think GT6 will be on PS3.

Surely it's too late for that now.

How about we do a Time Trial?

Shamelessly stolen from GTPlanet:

Were were you when we were doing these?

(click lap times to download the replay file)
dQ8uk.png

2Invu.png
lKuQ7.png

8z5K6.png
5HI2i.png

EmB2l.png
WlTh9.png

L9TAh.png
5ThpI.png

zjPF2.png
0NcF7.png

XECBk.png
ccAvG.png

1BlgP.png
Hqzhp.png

I'm pretty surprised at the amount of people on GT Planet who want and think GT6 will be on PS3.

Surely it's too late for that now.

I don't see why it is. We got games like GoW2 in the same year the PS3 released. Depends on whether they want big sales for GT6 or a small sales boost for PS4.

This is what I say to every person who makes this statement. If you have a wheel it is worth picking up again. If you just play with a controller and usually have most of the aids on, then maybe its best not to get the game again.

The game has been vastly improved. Not major things like menus, but a lot of small things, like loading, frame rate stability, physics feel, force feedback feel, subtle lighting effects, endurance race saves, Ai is now somewhat competent (still sucks, but its better), online stability, etc, etc. There is a lot that is better, you may not notice it all but PD and his team have really done an admirable job regarding post launch support. Certainly above and beyond most devs who just run away from their own self created shit.
It's currently installing on my PS3. I'm glad all the DLC was on the disc and I don't have to download it. That's the only time you'll catch me saying that.

paskowitz

It's currently installing on my PS3. I'm glad all the DLC was on the disc and I don't have to download it. That's the only time you'll catch me saying that.

Some other small tips in regards to game settings.

Hardware
- At the options menu go to sound and set the Dynamic Range to either small theater or large theater. If you have surround sound set up do large
- Under display settings I prefer Image Quality set to flicker reduction

Steering Controls (if you have a wheel):
- Set the "steering type" to simulation
- Power-Assisted Steering to off
- Feedback Strength depends. I like 10 (whic is max) but other find a lower setting like 7 is best

If you use a DS3 then before a race I would set the Controller steering sensitivity to 7 (max). Again, other like a slightly lower setting, but I like the quick (if a bit twitchy) response of 7.

Finally if you are going to use an aid, just use TCS. Everything else will actually make you a worse driver and the transition to no aides more painful.

BTW if we are doing this laptime thing:

Driver: thepatriots

Time: 1:26.207

Transmission: Manual

Controller: G25

ABS: 1

Brake Balance: 6/5

I know 1:25.XXX is pretty feasible.

Some other small tips in regards to game settings.

Hardware
- At the options menu go to sound and set the Dynamic Range to either small theater or large theater. If you have surround sound set up do large
- Under display settings I prefer Image Quality set to flicker reduction

Steering Controls (if you have a wheel):
- Set the "steering type" to simulation
- Power-Assisted Steering to off
- Feedback Strength depends. I like 10 (whic is max) but other find a lower setting like 7 is best

If you use a DS3 then before a race I would set the Controller steering sensitivity to 7 (max). Again, other like a slightly lower setting, but I like the quick (if a bit twitchy) response of 7.

Finally if you are going to use an aid, just use TCS. Everything else will actually make you a worse driver and the transition to no aides more painful.

BTW if we are doing this laptime thing:

Driver: thepatriots

Time: 1:26.207

Transmission: Manual

Controller: G25

ABS: 1

Brake Balance: 6/5

I know 1:25.XXX is pretty feasible.
I'm playing with a controller until I get back to my apartment Monday morning where my DFGT dwells. I like the sensitivity on 7 also. Thanks for all the tips. I changed em all in the settings when i first started the game. I'm enjoying B-spec quite a bit. Do you have any tips for B-spec? Haha, the Red bull X2012 makes races so easy!

paskowitz

I'm playing with a controller until I get back to my apartment Monday morning where my DFGT dwells. I like the sensitivity on 7 also. Thanks for all the tips. I changed em all in the settings when i first started the game. I'm enjoying B-spec quite a bit. Do you have any tips for B-spec? Haha, the Red bull X2012 makes races so easy!

The only point to B-spec is winning. If you try to make things close your driver (this is referred to as B-spec Bob, or just Bob) will just durp up and never win. Make sure you log in enough to receive the 200% bonus and then just do the highest XP/$ event you can find until you get to the endurance events. Then just run those for easy XP and money. Some races you will actually have to manage (expert series). For those try to keep your Bob's "stress" bar at around 75% when he is in traffic and around 50% when he is in the lead.

Toxa

Clip Cup Part II

YXEcf.png

110902_101529.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1336849200z0.png

Allowed cars:
Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race car '00 (S)
Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (S)

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:

Spa-Francorchamps​
Laps:
16 ?
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (05 / 16):
  • 01 - Paskowitz
  • 02 - Toxa
  • 03 - Magawolaz
  • 04 - 2scoops
  • 05 - Niks
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - Dubc35
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

No special rules this race​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Join us :)

Top Bottom