• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

rmWZT.jpg

eemijun

Neo Member
This update and the DLC next week has brought the magic back to this game, that I first felt during the launch.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Sorry if this has been asked already, but how is the online netcode in GT5 now? Is it a pretty lagless experience and has it improved? Or is it a broken mess?

Toxa

Angst said:
Everybody is welcome to join me in the NRL lounge tonight from 19.15 CET (ish). We'll do short races and test the new lounge settings.

If you haven't raced with us before but want to do some quick races, please send a FR to GT5NRL before 19.00 CET tonight. We will then meet up in the GT5NRL lounge.

Lounge will be up for a couple of hours.

I'm in!!!

isamu said:
Sorry if this has been asked already, but how is the online netcode in GT5 now? Is it a pretty lagless experience and has it improved? Or is it a broken mess?

Depends on who you play with. There's no lag our league races.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
isamu said:
It never had any lag to begin with.

Goldrusher

Spa! :)

SolidSnakex said:

A shame it's already outdated though. :(

In that particular turn the gravel was replaced by asphalt a couple months ago.
And the curbs everywhere are now yellow-red.

Hopefully they can still correct that, or patch it.

Raonak

Banned
offshore said:
Some are saying the alpha issues have been cleared up a bit. Is this true or just placebo?

It's a bit better, ie: your car doesn't look blocky when theres dust from behind, the outline of your car is though, but thats not really noticible. The alpha issues are noticible in replays, because you see different angles. It's not really noticible when I was racing (there weren't much cars near me though, I was racing on easy mode)

In-car shadows have improved a lot.

note: I haven't played GT5 since feb, so it may have been improved in a prior patch.

TTG

magawolaz said:
So, I have 15M Cr...

Should I take the Miura or wait for the Le Mans Ferrari/Ford (I already have the Jag)?

Also, what's the best race for experience?

First of all, you could test drive a Miura as part of one of the license tests, it's nice. The Ferrari is more twitchy than the Jag, more like a race car to the Jag's street like handling. All of these are way overpriced and won't get much use, so it won't matter in the end.

Angst

web01 said:
Tracks should be free, way to split the community PD.
Yeah those greedy bastards.

Fuck that, it's cheap as dirt, just buy it. Other devs would have redone minor things and released GT5 with updates + DLC packs and called it GT6. You'd get new trophies and have to pay 39.99.

The track DLC seems to be the only one worth buying, but that makes up for the other lame DLC they're offering. $4.99 is a good price too. I just hope the next car DLC won't take too long and contains more than just race modifications for existing cars.

panty

Decarb said:
lxB0B.jpg

PyiZZ.jpg

YES YES YES YES FUCKING YES!!
There appears to be a bug with the G27. From GTP,

Direct from Twitter....

That bug has already been fixed, I'm sorry, it'll be in the next update.RT @drex81: @Kaz_Yamauchi g27 is bugged

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
56% with 86 minutes to go, slowest GB I've ever downloaded, lol.

SolidSnakex said:

I would love a track that is just a simple straight road, maybe some nice looking scenery on the side.
It is a pity the track creator isn't any better and gave us more control, guess I can hope for something more in Spec III, lol.

web01

Angst said:
Yeah those greedy bastards.

Fuck that, it's cheap as dirt, just buy it. Other devs would have redone minor things and released GT5 with updates + DLC packs and called it GT6. You'd get new trophies and have to pay 39.99.

They released an uncomplete game and a game that reused a huge amount of assets from a ps2 game.

I do not even care that they are charging for cars, paint and costumes but charging for tracks is a bitch move. Making the tracks fee would probably bring back more people to actually play the game and increase the other DLC sales.

Plus this is a company that charges for demos so you should be careful the arguments you are using about "other devs"

web01 said:
They released an uncomplete game and a game that reused a huge amount of assets from a ps2 game.

I do not even care that they are charging for cars, paint and costumes but charging for tracks is a bitch move. Making the tracks fee would probably bring back more people to actually play the game and increase the other DLC sales.

Plus this is a company that charges for demos so you should be careful the arguments you are using about "other devs"

Their demos have more content that other full games. And it was at budget price. You expected a game with 75 cars, online, unlimited play, etc etc, to be free?

LOL

Only an insane man (or troll) would expect tracks to be free.

Dead Man

web01 said:

See, it's people like you that make me feel better about all the shit I heap on PD. I do it from love, you are just doing it from ignorance. In future, please inform your opinion before sharing it.

MikeDub said:
Have they added car infront/behind times when racing?
No :( Just simple things are still not there. Get rid of the driver names, I don't care, give me the cars, or the splits or something useful.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, you basically get the tracks for free if you buy the complete pack!

smh @ complaining about 5 bucks for a track like spa (and that kart thing but yeah whatever)

Edit: wtf, 6 Updates... been a long time

dwebo

CorrisD said:
I would love a track that is just a simple straight road, maybe some nice looking scenery on the side.
It is a pity the track creator isn't any better and gave us more control, guess I can hope for something more in Spec III, lol.
Yeah, it's a pity course creator has been neglected. Besides additional knobs to turn, creating a new template area has to be far easier than going out and modeling a real track, or even creating an original one.

I wonder if the super fast track loading signals a major change in how the engine loads in / streams data. Maybe the groundwork is there now for point to point like pike's peak, or more interestingly, infinitely long randomly generated tracks.

Angst

Dead Man said:
See, it's people like you that make me feel better about all the shit I heap on PD. I do it from love, you are just doing it from ignorance. In future, please inform your opinion before sharing it.

No :( Just simple things are still not there. Get rid of the driver names, I don't care, give me the cars, or the splits or something useful.
Split times is something they really need to patch in. Could be so useful online.

magawolaz

Meisadragon said:
Looks much better now, even the shadows.
I agree, also the tearing is less noticeable. Try doing the chicane after the tunnel in Monte Carlo, you'll see just a little tearing in the upper side of the screen (before 2.0 tearing was right in the middle of the screen :S)

Smoke is slightly better

Just woken up. WOW! This is awesome.

iGg5XnnfdLcL.gif

iw9xWXlDJwA5e.gif

Hopefully we get another race pack soon, the first one does look great but I was expecting some new cars instead of Race Modified versions of cars in the game already. Track pack is awesome, and we finally get the STIGs racing gear.

tusken77

With Spec 2.0 out there, I wonder what the chances are of one of the sites taking another look at the game and producing a credible, thorough review of the GT5 that we now have.

How are the new physics? Dirt surface?

Have they modelled the correct tyres for rally?

Is the force feedback fixed for the F10, F1 2007, X1, Formula GT and Rally cars?

You really don't see the hood of the standard cars in the cardboard box view. I gave B-Spec Bob my 280Z, switched to "cockpit view" and nope, no hood, which means you can even see the side mirrors of the car. Nice try, PD, but that's not enough. Better than nothing? Maybe for some, but no, not enough. They did it better in GT PSP.

tusken77 said:
With Spec 2.0 out there, I wonder what the chances are of one of the sites taking another look at the game and producing a credible, thorough review of the GT5 that we now have.

None.

The only site who did this to my humble (limited) knowledge, is jeuxvideo.com with their EVE Online review. They add a sober " the game as experienced countless of updates, improvements and additional content that makes this review obsolete "

tusken77 said:

Asked this earlier, think the only way it would ever happen is if they released a GT5 Spec2 as a retail disk with DLC in a quieter time of the year. To many games out now for sites to re-review old games, pretty sure IGN reviewed the LBP GOTY edition though.

Dead Man said:

That's sucks :( don't get me wrong, it's great knowing how far infront of me ashk is but direct competition would be useful.

brotkasten said:
You really don't see the hood of the standard cars in the cardboard box view. I gave B-Spec Bob my 280Z, switched to "cockpit view" and nope, no hood, which means you can even see the side mirrors of the car. Nice try, PD, but that's not enough. Better than nothing? Maybe for some, but no, not enough. They did it better in GT PSP.

You can't see the hood in many of the premiums cockpits either, and you can see side mirrors on some standards cockpits. As I said before, depends on the car.

paskowitz

This needs to be stated. The Nurburgring 24hr circuit took me 10 SECONDS TO LOAD. 10!!! 10!!!!! 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Load times for all tracks have been DRASTICALLY cut. So much that caps are actually needed.

spwolf

tusken77 said:

why do we care?

offshore

If GT5 has released this year, in this state, with that intro movie...everyone's first impressions would have been so much better.

Sony really dropped the ball by forcing PD to release this game last year. Let's hope they've learned that particular lesson.

paskowitz

AI is also much better, but not better as in smarter, just more competitive. I turned the AI setting to 10 and selected A level AI and they definitely suck a lot less.

Top Bottom