• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

offshore

For goodness sake, they're still rolling with the ticket system? Why can't the DLC cars just import themselves straight into your garage? It's not as if you'll be allowed to give them away anyway. I knew there'd be something to moan about ^^

UQ2C7.jpg

Foliorum Viridum said:
Better load times are tempting to me jump back in. Hmm.

Are the menus still fucking retarded? Eg, go to event, check car list, back out, go to dealer, go to find that car, buy it, back out, go back to event list, find the event you wanted to enter?

Because it should be go to event list, look at car list, buy a car there, go in to race.

I'd like to know as well, how is the new UI? Where are the screenshots of the new menus?

Sorc3r3r

What's outstanding is the whole support PD is giving to GT5.

I mean, most of the games out there are support-dead in a week(end), if supported at all.

To be a PD customer is great, and this way they have already sold me whatever they are working on.

gogogow

2.0 also reduced the savegame size. Mine was above 1mb, now it's at 484kb.
The initial bootup of the game is considerably faster. But the loadtimes of a race is a bit overrated. Yes, the loading bar fills up faster, but when you enter the pre-race menu, you still have to wait for all the AI cars to load before you can start the race, in the end it's the same/almost the same.

Also, I don't think the alpha effects are improved at all. I played the game yesterday and today after the patch they still look the same to me. I drove the Redbull car and landed next to the track and the dust effects are still as before. I don't think PD will optimize the GT5 engine anymore where these effects will be improved. We have to wait for GT6 for that.

Still, i'm very impressed with the patch and all the other improvements.

krioto

Foliorum Viridum said:
Urgh.

So the load times are quick but you're still going to spend 10x too long staring at menus. Great. :\

No, you can go straight to the event - if your car is not valid, select the displayed Garage icon and be displayed the cars you can use. Been that way for a while. But such a big hassle otherwise........oh yeah

Any improvement on the tearing and/or lack of v-sync?

After playing the forza demo them going back last night and racing with the red bull car it was just terrible.

IMHO it ruins the game visually.

Aguirre

okay, i just had to format my drive, thus losing all patches. i'm about to start downloading, how big is the total download for ALL patches?

Ardenyal

weedlewalker said:
Any improvement on the tearing and/or lack of v-sync?

After playing the forza demo them going back last night and racing with the red bull car it was just terrible.

IMHO it ruins the game visually.
There's a comparison thread to shit up, use it.

They've redone some cockpits in standard cards. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw cars getting stealth updates to the cockpits in future updates.

ElyrionX

I don't suppose they did anything about the sound? It's really the only thing I want to see fixed.

I might pick up the track pack though.

Bollocks

CozMick said:
Disappointing compared to what, nothing at all?

C'mon dude, PD listened to us, they didn't even want to add it into the game :\
Disappointing because the cockpit textures are artificially lowres. I wouldn't care if they imported them straight from GT4 like the cars but they worked on them in 2011 (alongside premium cars). They created them specifically for GT5. The premium models show you can have way better textures that this is not a hardware limitation. If at all they could have exported their textures at a higher resolution. I highly doubt that their photo references weren't good enough for a more sharper look.

Kolgar said:
Are the seasonals still worth triple credits? Or did that go away with the update?

x3 Bonus is gone. But now you get an incremental bonus to Credit and XP if you login every day.

Bollocks said:
Disappointing because the cockpit textures are artificially lowres. I wouldn't care if they imported them straight from GT4 like the cars but they worked on them in 2011 (alongside premium cars). They created them specifically for GT5. The premium models show you can have way better textures that this is not a hardware limitation. If at all they could have exported their textures at a higher resolution. I highly doubt that their photo references weren't good enough for a more sharper look.

No, importing them from GT4 and PSP version is exactly what they did.

Metalmurphy said:
x3 Bonus is gone. But now you get an incremental bonus to Credit and XP if you login every day.
They also removed the price cut in the online car dealer. The FGT is back to 5M D: should've bought it yesterday for half the price.

bud

Metalmurphy said:
AI is ALOT faster in corners now.

i like this a lot.

the new intro is slick. these guys have mad video-editing skills.

if only my tv hadn't been broken... :(

Jburton

Banned
weedlewalker said:
Could direct me to the tearing GT5 vs GT5 2.0 tearing/vsync thread then?

If not it's worth answering.

Your comparison was Forza against GT5 in your original post.

So the response was correct.

Aguirre said:
okay, i just had to format my drive, thus losing all patches. i'm about to start downloading, how big is the total download for ALL patches?

I swapped out my harddrive the other week and there were 7 updates totaling about 2GB I think. So unless 2.0 (which is 2GB itself) supercedes them, you're looking at around 4GB of downloads and several hours of lost time.

CozMick

Banned
I must say I'm pretty impressed with the cockpits for standard cars.

I was expecting nothing more than a black outline, at least we get drivers hands and steering wheel :D

Also, Suzuka took me literally 3 seconds to load :eek:

the new intro bought a damn tear to my eye, it's amazing and seeing SPA has never looked so good, screenshots don't do it justice

This update is pretty lame. :( Nothing here to make me want to keep the game in my PS3 after having checked out the changes.

The DLC cars are absolutely pathetic too. Not one all new model. Come on. New tracks are great though.

Bollocks

Metalmurphy said:
No, importing them from GT4 and PSP version is exactly what they did.
So is this confirmed that they took all the cockpits from PSP GT and imported them, even the convertibles?
If so, I'm ok with the cockpits now :D

Jburton said:
Your comparison was Forza against GT5 in your original post.

So the response was correct.

GT5 is the better game. I am not promoting forza here.

I asked if the tearing and v-sync issues are still in the game.

The tearing and v-sync have always ruined the game for me visually.

I would love to know if they are gone. My download is almost done anyway.

MrCookiepants said:
This update is pretty lame. :( Nothing here to make me want to keep the game in my PS3 after having checked out the changes.

The DLC cars are absolutely pathetic too. Not one all new model. Come on. New tracks are great though.

This is the first DLC pack of, hopefully, many, but definitely more then one.

Bollocks said:
So is this confirmed that they took all the cockpits from PSP GT and imported them, even the convertibles?
If so, I'm ok with the cockpits now :D
They've redone some of them, but most are directly from the PSP version.

panty

MrCookiepants said:

Do you know how long it takes for them to make a new car for GT5 from scratch? I prefer all these little updates, like support for G27 etc, over some new cars which take a lot of time.

Requeim said:
I hope the actual version doesn't have that horrible audio glitch.

Metalmurphy said:
This is the first DLC pack of, hopefully, many, but definitely more then one.
It doesn't bode all that well for the future if the first one is just reskinned models.

That said, the hype this time is for Spa, so maybe the next DLC will have hype for a few cars.

Most wanted cars for me:

Ferrari F355
Suzuki Liana
Bugatti Veyron SS
Ariel Atom
Caterham R500
Lotus 2 Eleven

evil_as_skeletor said:
I just booted up the spec 2.0 updated game and was expecting some gift car tickets for the new RM models. Was I mistaken?

The new RM models are coming in a future DLC pack. Not with this update.

Dead Man

Pazuzu9 said:
I hope the actual version doesn't have that horrible audio glitch.

It doesn't bode all that well for the future if the first one is just reskinned models.

That said, the hype this time is for Spa, so maybe the next DLC will have hype for a few cars.

Most wanted cars for me:

Ferrari F355
Suzuki Liana
Bugatti Veyron SS
Ariel Atom
Caterham R500
Lotus 2 Eleven
They are new models, but of cars that are already in the game.

Dead Man said:
They are new models, but of cars that are already in the game.
Oh. Well I guess that meant they didn't have to do much remodelling of the interiors or the physics.

AgentChris said:
New intro is pure perfection.
The second half is much better now, but they've ruined the first part.

offshore

Metalmurphy said:
Car Pack : $4.99 and €3.99

Track pack: $7.99 and €7.99

What gives??

Fix this shit sony! And by fixing I mean, put the track pack at €6.99
You've got your prices mixed up MM...

Track pack is €3.99. Although car price is a bit messed up though € and £ wise. £6.29 is a 20% premium over US price.

DonMigs85

Did the game freeze up on the GT5 logo screen after installing this update? Fortunately quitting to the XMB and starting the game again got it working fine.

hirokazu

Pazuzu9 said:
Oh. Well I guess that meant they didn't have to do much remodelling of the interiors or the physics.

The second half is much better now, but they've ruined the first part.
Yeah, I think the old version of the first part was better, especially the music. But the second part...!

Top Bottom