• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
PantyPhantom said:
There appears to be a bug with the G27. From GTP,

Direct from Twitter....

That bug has already been fixed, I'm sorry, it'll be in the next update.RT @drex81: @Kaz_Yamauchi g27 is bugged

What bug is that?

Also, any chances to get A-Spec events for Spa? Maybe new seasonals?
I'm sure we'll get online seasonals for Spa and the Kart race, that much I'm sure.

paskowitz said:
This needs to be stated. The Nurburgring 24hr circuit took me 10 SECONDS TO LOAD. 10!!! 10!!!!! 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Load times for all tracks have been DRASTICALLY cut. So much that caps are actually needed.
Yeah, there tend to be other changes on-top of those mentioned by PD that they don't mention. Some optimization of the game wouldn't surprise me.

22 minutes to download 1.1GB. Not bad! Usually much slower.

tusken77

smallios74 said:
Asked this earlier, think the only way it would ever happen is if they released a GT5 Spec2 as a retail disk with DLC in a quieter time of the year. To many games out now for sites to re-review old games, pretty sure IGN reviewed the LBP GOTY edition though.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. So many high profile releases on their way, it's a crazy time of year. Perhaps later on, like you say, when/if Spec 2.0 is a retail disc and there's been several DLC packs made available.

Chaparal 2J Cockpit. OMG

IMG_0710.jpg

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6010626#post6010626

Also we have Slipstream strength settings now, Weak/Strong.

panty

Dash Kappei said:
What bug is that?

I'm sure we'll get online seasonals for Spa and the Kart race, that much I'm sure.
Some of the buttons don't work.

Xun

I'm a bit disappointed in only 2 new tracks, but hopefully more will come later.

I'll definitely buy the complete pack anyway.

Downloading Spec II as we speak.

tusken77

spwolf said:
why do we care?

Because it was released far sooner than intended, the time given to the press for review was ridiculously short (two days is not nearly enough for a game as deep as GT5, plus online), and the majority of reviews were simply rushed out.

This game deserves it.

amar212

offshore said:
Sony really dropped the ball by forcing PD to release this game last year. Let's hope they've learned that particular lesson.

Oh, yes... they've learned it so hard that we can't even imagine.

And I can only feel sympathy for Kazunori after all he's been drawn through during 2010 and after backslash he endured because of pressure he was brought upon.

Never forget how Yoshida was in the first line of establishing a November 2010 release date on E3 2010 - and also never forget how that same E3 was the first where Kazunori was nowhere to be seen.

Connect the dots.

Darkkn

For DLC i'd like to see more PD imagined tracks, since real ones tend to be really boring visually(except nurburg). They should also update all the old tracks ported from ps2. They just stick out like a sore thumb against beautiful cars.

Also use dat cash to outsource some of the modelling of legacy cars ffs.

Just spent an hour or so with Spec II. Feels great, improvements all around, especially on the loading times (wow!).

Rewind/FF in the replays is actually pretty good. Not as versatile as I'd expected when it was announced, but it's still very practical, especially on tracks like the Nordschleife where you can jump between sectors - and instantly! Great for photos.

On the topic of photos though, I'm really disappointed the smoke/dust/rain mist pixelation is still there. Thought that would be part of the spec II fixes.

Bring on the DLC, can't wait to get stuck into Spa and the new Kart track with the DLC cars! And looking forward to painting my little race-modded Cappuccino in some of those bright, gaudy 'polarized' flip colours haha..

offshore

I love this bit.

2rgz5tx.gif

So good.

amar212 said:
And I can only feel sympathy for Kazunori after all he's been drawn through during 2010 and after backslash he endured because of pressure he was brought upon.
I agree, although I will say that I think the backlash has helped. After all, there's no real guarantee that the GT5 we have today would have included the stuff we really wanted. But yeah, hopefully everyone has learned their lessons and GT PS4 can be something incredible from the get-go.

Dash Kappei said:
What bug is that?

The top two buttons on steering wheel and outer red buttons on shifter are interchanged in the menu, so when you assign something to wheel button, it works with shifter button. Otherwise all buttons work perfectly.

Yoboman

amar212 said:
Oh, yes... they've learned it so hard that we can't even imagine.

Never forget how Yoshida was in the first line of establishing a November 2010 release date on E3 2010 - and also never forget how that same E3 was the first where Kazunori was nowhere to be seen.

Connect the dots.
I'm more interested in if PD have learned some lessons

Angst

Sintoid said:
Are you serious?? Loadtimes are really improved??
Somebody loaded Suzuka in 5 seconds and 'Ring in 10. So - yeah :)

Shurs said:
Just popped in GT5 for the first tine this year.

It looks like I have to download nine patches.

Yikes.
That's what you get when straying from the fold ;)

Angst said:

Yeah, but now you have to wait for the cars to load, when you start the race.

Sintoid

Angst said:

I'm crying and I'm 80 miles away from my home :( I want to download this update :(

tusken77 said:
With Spec 2.0 out there, I wonder what the chances are of one of the sites taking another look at the game and producing a credible, thorough review of the GT5 that we now have.

It was funny listening to the latest Invisible Walls podcast. They basically totally ignored the fact that this was coming out..

Jburton

Banned
Polyphony Digital's production values are insane ....... easily one of the best in the whole industry.

That new opening movie is a peach!

protonion

Are you sure people about the loading?

I just played one event and yes the track is loaded in a couple of seconds but you cannot begin immediately. If you select start race you will have to wait for the cars to be loaded one by one. Still way better than before as you can tweak the settings and don't notice this.

Bollocks

SunhiLegend said:
Cockpit for the Formula Gran Turismo. Awesome

i3TpzwfMVMhvH.gif
It really only looks good at this size, 40inch tv and it really is a mess, the cockpit is on the same visual level as the rest of the car, nothing to brag about. Given that they specifically made it aka it isn't some reused GT4 relic it's quite disappointing.

CozMick

Banned
Bollocks said:
It really only looks good at this size, 40inch tv and it really is a mess, the cockpit is on the same visual level as the rest of the car, nothing to brag about. Given that they specifically made it aka it isn't some reused GT4 relic it's quite disappointing.

Disappointing compared to what, nothing at all?

C'mon dude, PD listened to us, they didn't even want to add it into the game :\

paskowitz said:
This needs to be stated. The Nurburgring 24hr circuit took me 10 SECONDS TO LOAD. 10!!! 10!!!!! 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Load times for all tracks have been DRASTICALLY cut. So much that caps are actually needed.

Fuck yes, I can't wait to go home and download that 1Go+ big update!

I'm sarcastic, but that's fucking awesome, the loading times were really bad, I'm happy they've fixed it, I can't wait to see the new UI, the last one was quite messy

Toxa

Bollocks said:

dude it's a standar car not premium .

standar=ps2 if you want the next level ask for premium cars

krioto

Bollocks said:

Never has a username been more appropriate - it looks fine, and yes, better than previously (oh wait - there was no cockpit view before....)

Better load times are tempting to me jump back in. Hmm.

Are the menus still fucking retarded? Eg, go to event, check car list, back out, go to dealer, go to find that car, buy it, back out, go back to event list, find the event you wanted to enter?

Because it should be go to event list, look at car list, buy a car there, go in to race.

Goldrusher

If you have a Chrysler Prowler, go drive it now.

Véry detailed cockpit for a Standard, with different materials and working dials and everything.

Top Bottom