• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

hirokazu

Metalmurphy said:
Now I'm really convinced Microsoft/Turn 10 screwed PD over the Top Gear license.

"If you select the right combination, you could recreate a scene from...?"
http://us.gran-turismo.com/common/images/gt5/dlc/gears/gt_mets10.jpg
http://us.gran-turismo.com/common/images/gt5/dlc/gears/gt_suits08.jpg

It's like they're not allowed to even used the word anymore.
Pretty sure they're not allowed to mention Top Gear apart from what's already in the game.

It would be really amusing if they release the reasonably priced cars as DLC for GT5. That would really piss them off, LOL.

After putting a couple of hours in I have to say it's a nice improvement over what we previously had but not in all the ways I would like.
The A.I is still so damn easy it's ridiculous. Apart from the GT5 GAF races this is where I would like to spend my time but it's just so dull. Sure, it has improved but no where near where it should be and it just becomes down right boring. I did notice that at least your opponents don't back off the accelerator so quickly when you pull along side them anymore, I guess that's good.

Track loading is so much better, sure you have to wait for all the cars to load but rarely do you go into a race not needing to tweak your car or some driver settings so I think it's a bit of a non issue. Love the fact you can set the weather more accurately, hell, just having the gauge for how wet the track is makes it infinitely more fun to race in those conditions.

Biggest surprise for me though were the standard car interiors. They have surpassed my expectations probably due to how low they were/the message that was given out. I had always heard it referred to as a 'generic cockpit view' and was expecting it to be just that. A generic view that would span the majority of cars (excluding open top cars) and would be purely there to satiate the people who wanted that sort of view. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that they are unique to each car but just lacking any sort of interior detail. Perfect? no, of course not but it has made the standards a real option to drive now.

Lastly, why oh why wasn't that music used in the intro from the very start? I didn't mind MCR but that new track is so much better, pretty sure it was part of a trailer at some point too.

This may have delayed my purchase of Forza 4 too if the online interest picks up again, bring on more GAF races!

evil_as_skeletor said:
Grrr links are 'forbidden' but damn I'm curious...

It's the Stigs suit and Helmet, but mentioned by their brand name:
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/gears/

(On the bottom)

Goldrusher said:
The track is $4.99/€3.99, the RM-cars are $7.99/€7.99. ;)

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/be-nl/products/gt5/dlc/

$4.99 in de USA

Yeah got them mixed up, but I what I meant was, the Track pack is not a direct conversion, but the Car Pack is, making it more expensive -.-

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They added textured cockpits for some standard cars? DAYUUUMN!
Someone please try the Citroen 2CV!

offshore

Metalmurphy said:
Now I'm really convinced Microsoft/Turn 10 screwed PD over the Top Gear license.

"If you select the right combination, you could recreate a scene from...?"
http://us.gran-turismo.com/common/images/gt5/dlc/gears/gt_mets10.jpg
http://us.gran-turismo.com/common/images/gt5/dlc/gears/gt_suits08.jpg

It's like they're not allowed to even used the word anymore.
Well if that is the case, then really Sony only have themselves to blame.

You can point fingers at the BBC/Turn 10 all you want, but the reality is that Sony should have locked all this shit up so someone couldn't come in and start dictating to them what they could and could not do.

Jburton

Banned
offshore said:
Well if it that is the case, then really Sony only have themselves to blame.

You can point fingers at the BBC/Turn 10 all you want, but the reality is that Sony should have locked all this shit up so someone couldn't come in and start dictating to them what they could and could not do.

You can't blame the BBC for sucking who's cock had the most money strapped to it.

hirokazu said:
Pretty sure they're not allowed to mention Top Gear apart from what's already in the game.

It would be really amusing if they release the reasonably priced cars as DLC for GT5. That would really piss them off, LOL.
They have Jeremy Clarkson narrating the intro and ads. I don't think something small like that would piss them off.

darkwing

this dlc is going to spoil me if they are going to release more in a timely fashion

there's a button for dlc on the main page!

offshore said:
Well if that is the case, then really Sony only have themselves to blame.

So what you're saying is that Sony should have been the dicks instead of T10/MS, and because they weren't they're the ones to blame.

Ok...

Tell me again why everyone is mad at EA over Porsches?

offshore

Jburton said:
You can't blame the BBC for sucking who's cock had the most money strapped to it.
Not this again...

It doesn't matter how much money MS have, Sony should have locked all this shit down to preclude someone coming in dictating what they can/can't do with the TG license. Sony had three years to lock all this shit down and it looks like they couldn't even do that. And if that is the case, then it's Sony fault, pure and simple.

offshore said:
Not this again...

It doesn't matter how much money MS have, Sony should have locked all this shit down to preclude someone coming in dictating what they can/can't do with the TG license. Sony had three years to lock all this shit down and it looks that they couldn't even do that. And if that is the case, then it's Sony fault, pure and simple.

Three years?

MS announced the Top Gear deal shortly after it was announced for GT

hirokazu

Metalmurphy said:
So what you're saying is that Sony should have been the dicks instead of T10/MS, and because they weren't they're the ones to blame.

Ok...

Tell me again why everyone is mad at EA over Porsches?
Well on the other hand, one would assume that when they were working on the partnership with a TV program, they'd want to sort out some sort of exclusivity deal. But I'm just mad that we probably won't see any more Top Gear content in GT in the future.

iceatcs

Metalmurphy said:
Three years?

MS announced the Top Gear deal shortly after it was announced for GT
Also I'm sure this cause GT5 was delayed little at the end. (something like a week or 2)

Goldrusher

Fersis said:
They added textured cockpits for some standard cars? DAYUUUMN!
Someone please try the Citroen 2CV!
Not for "closed" cars.
Just tried the 2CV for you, it's black. They all have steering wheels though, unlike in GT PSP.

tusken77

PantyPhantom said:
Nothing wrong with the UI, I love it. They haven't changed the layout.

Agreed, I love the UI. The layout is the same as before and it definitely feels snappier now.

Right, track loading. Before updating, I got my stopwatch out and timed how long Nurburgring 24H takes to load...

49 seconds.

I did the exact same thing after the update. It takes...

8 seconds.

Yes, that's EIGHT seconds.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Fuck it, I'm going in!
Wish me luck, I don't think I've ever successfully download anything >1GB without logging out and being stuck with errors and such at least once, but despite now being wifi only and having severe bandwith's cap issues this is just too juicy to not have a try...
Fingers crossed, please, please based Kaz don't ya fail me!

edit: uhmmm... 79 minutes to download 1GB, isn't that kinda slow? 7Mbps here.

offshore

Metalmurphy said:
That was just the GTTV stuff.
No it wasn't. I've been over this with you before MM...

2007 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7059887.stm

amers will be able to download episodes of BBC Two show Top Gear inside video game Gran Turismo 5.

Forty episodes of the popular motoring show will be available on a dedicated Gran Turismo TV channel accessed via the PlayStation 3's online network.

Gran Turismo is the world's most popular racing video game series, with more than 47 million copies sold.

The test track used by Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond will be recreated inside GT5.

2010 - www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/gran-turismo-5-first-official-trailer-top-gear-2010-06-15

Are you sitting comfortably? Pants in super-dry condition? Not for long, TopGearer, because today we bring you Really Big News.

We've got our hands on what is quite simply the most talked about driving experience ever conceived by people who only speak in code: it's Gran Turismo 5!

Click here for screenshots from Gran Turismo 5

Unveiled at this year's mega geek-fest that is E3 in California, the world finally got a taste of what the latest instalment to the GT series looks like. And to us, it looks very Stig-shaped and TopGear-sized - yep, we're in it.

Our world-famous Lotus-designed Dunsfold test track makes a star appearance in GT5, with Captain Stiggy showing the world why he sucks the moisture from ducks and has two sets of knees. It is simply to power his insatiable appetite for oversteer.

GT5 is set for a November 2010 release date, and we feel very much excited by this prospect. So excited in fact, we may need to go and change...

And then all of a sudden, Top Gear change their tune completely and suddenly Forza becomes their favourite game.

Now sure, they take MS' money to pimp Forza. But Sony should have already had contracts in place that preclude someone coming in and dictating to them what they can and cannot do.

This is Sony's fault. I don't know why there's a debate about it. If Sony had have done their job, we might have had deeper TG integration GT5.

tusken77

darkwing said:
this dlc is going to spoil me if they are going to release more in a timely fashion

there's a button for dlc on the main page!

lol That button's gonna sit there and forever taunt me.

What's coming next, huh? What are we getting? C'mon, you can tell me.

gogogow said:
I thought the 11 Nascar cars were new models? They aren't?

No idea. Not much difference to me considering my total indifference for it.

About Top Gear (I don't own the game), I though the AMG driving school was on the Test Track ? It isn't ? is it anywhere in the game ?

Son of a BITCH. I accept the free car this weekend, and that afternoon my damn PS3 dies completely on me. Drive's dead, save game gone. :(

This new update's an awesome opportunity to start anew methinks. It'll be a grind, but a fun one, I just wish I could get the free car from this weekend somehow, since once you've claimed the voucher it's gone foreverrrr... :(

hirokazu

gogogow said:
Huh, he's talking about the waterspray not shadows.
Apparently, the shadows on the ground also don't alias as much, but I guess that may depend on the track and angle and may just be placebo. The self shadowing on cars is still messed though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Goldrusher said:
Not for "closed" cars.
Just tried the 2CV for you, it's black. They all have steering wheels though, unlike in GT PSP.
Thanks goldrusher. ^_^-d

I watched the intro....

KBhtD.gif

gogogow

KKRT00 said:
Strange, i've downloaded and installed 9 patches in less than 30 minutes.
I downloaded the 2.0 update in 13 minutes. I never had slow downloads with any of my PSN games thb. Probably depends where you live, router settings etc.

Top Bottom