• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Yeah, but hasn't Deep Forest been in GT for longer than 6 years?

Yeah, but were any of their tracks "measured" before hand like that? GT5 was the first time they had this amount of detail.. I mean.. look at Nurburgring. GT5 was the first time they actually went out and measured everything with all sorts of gizmo's and doodads.

I'm pretty sure that they were. I remember Jeremy Clarkson saying that GT4's Nurburgring was very accurate with the exception of one corner being off.

With that said, it's hard to believe that DF was ever designed after that track. It's beyond obscure and PD would've had to find it in Iowa at a time when they had very little money and struggled to get US cars manufacturers on board (they only had two in GT1) and they had no licensed tracks at that time.

paskowitz

Credit to SHIRAKAWA Akira from GTplanet for the translation

64243_102002702934528yykud.jpg

image.php

Prays for new race tire model.

ruttyboy

I don't care about hybrids, but it sure would be cool if it allows you to create/edit tickets. It sure would be nice to at least get the GT Academy prizes I forgot to redeem.

When I logged on again for the first time in about 6 months (wheel was broken) the other week mine were still waiting for me. When do they expire?

Mush

Is this particularly rare? I found it while scouring through a record shop for $2 so I grabbed it.

AHqKsFll.jpg

It doesn't have the Manic Street Preachers track used in the GT1 intro :(

ruttyboy

They've already expired. You can see them waiting for you, but you can't receive them. :(

Weird, I managed to get car tickets for them, I haven't tried to redeem them yet though. Are you saying that if I went to 'spend' the ticket it would not give me the car?! :(

I picked this game up the other day, first one I have played since the ps1 days.

I am finding it hard going, not because of the racing but because I seem to find myself in menus waiting for it to load more than being behind the wheel. It might be because I'm used to a pc with ssd but the convoluted menus are really sapping my will to play for extended periods.

I picked this game up the other day, first one I have played since the ps1 days.

I am finding it hard going, not because of the racing but because I seem to find myself in menus waiting for it to load more than being behind the wheel. It might be because I'm used to a pc with ssd but the convoluted menus are really sapping my will to play for extended periods.

It's not you, the menus were poorly designed. But, take heart. They were much, much worse when the game first released and have been improved after several updates. Hopefully the next GT has a total redesign.

hirokazu

Weird, I managed to get car tickets for them, I haven't tried to redeem them yet though. Are you saying that if I went to 'spend' the ticket it would not give me the car?! :(

Oh, OK. In that case you should be able to receive your car when you use the tickets. I can't receive my tickets! >_<

rvy

Banned
Is it safe to assume that, since they shipped 5, PD has been busy upgrading all the standard cars to Premium models for GT6? I don't see how a lot of them would get a pass on a PS4.

Is it safe to assume that, since they shipped 5, PD has been busy upgrading all the standard cars to Premium models for GT6? I don't see how a lot of them would get a pass on a PS4.

I know people like to call Kaz a god and all but... lets not ask for miracles.

spats

All of them? Not a chance. Will they put 5000 polygon models in a ps4 game? Not a chance.

I think we'll get a substantial amount of premiums, but there'll be way less cars than in GT5.

rvy

Banned
All of them? Not a chance. Will they put 5000 polygon models in a ps4 game? Not a chance.

I think we'll get a substantial amount of premiums, but there'll be way less cars than in GT5.

Yeah, that makes sense. Probably a bunch of a upgraded models with better textures and some type of dashboard, but not every single one to get Premium treatment. Works for me.

paskowitz

Yeah, that makes sense. Probably a bunch of a upgraded models with better textures and some type of dashboard, but not every single one to get Premium treatment. Works for me.

I would expect 300-400 cars at launch with ~50 planned for DLC. I really hope they upgrade the standard tracks (Trial Mountain, Laguna Seca, etc) though (They were essentially upressed PS2 models). The quality difference between those and tracks like the Nurburgring is pretty drastic.

amar212

Are the R92CP & Mercedes C9 race cars worth 9 million? I have the Toyota Minolta race car which out-performs them on paper.

Just buy them for the collection.

With 200% Daily Login Bonus an some PP lowering you can make 20M in Seasonals races in 2 hours of great racing.

rvy

Banned
I would expect 300-400 cars at launch with ~50 planned for DLC. I really hope they upgrade the standard tracks (Trial Mountain, Laguna Seca, etc) though (They were essentially upressed PS2 models). The quality difference between those and tracks like the Nurburgring is pretty drastic.

Agreed, some tracks are really bad if you pay attention.

rvy

Banned
Any tips on mastering the Ferrari F1 car for the seasonals? I swear I suck. Can't get higher than 5th on the first stage.
B-Spec is being fun as hell, I really don't have the patience to drive 60 laps, it's awesome.

Archon473

Just buy them for the collection.

With 200% Daily Login Bonus an some PP lowering you can make 20M in Seasonals races in 2 hours of great racing.

You raise a good point; I have not fallen below 15M since December.

I keep practicing the A-Spec and B-Spec Seasonals and almost have gold on all 650PP races. I have much room for improvement, however. Most races I can only keep pace with the point car, usually when they're racing the same vehicle as me. How rapidly do you guys climb out of the initial 20-second deficit? My strategy seems to be overtaking the 9 vehicles in front of me during the first half of the race, then fighting with the 1st and 2nd place cars during the second half.

Considering GT5 has 200+ premiums I expect the PS4 GT to have at least 300.

Which is fine as I prefer having more tracks over having more cars. If there was a choice of having 100 new cars or 10 new race tracks I'd choose tracks everyday of the week.

MiKeD

Banned
So someone on my friends list put up his -2000+ PP Red Bull up.
Checked it out in a seasonal...My goodness.

Been grinding for hours and hours with the NASCAR and F1 races with lowered PP to get money, so that Red Bull with 40mil in 5mins was a welcome change. :lol

Watevaman

So someone on my friends list put up his -2000+ PP Red Bull up.
Checked it out in a seasonal...My goodness.

Been grinding for hours and hours with the NASCAR and F1 races with lowered PP to get money, so that Red Bull with 40mil in 5mins was a welcome change. :lol

I might start playing more if I can find someone with one of these lol.

I might start playing more if I can find someone with one of these lol.

You can easily make one with the save editor.

Somebody compiled a list of the left overs:

Performance
(5, 10, 20) % Power Improvement
AYC Controller
Brake Balance Controller
Catalytic Converter Racing
Ceramic Carbon Brakes
Clutch Triple Plate
Flywheel Racing
Improved Accelerator Response
Large Diameter Discs + (4, 6, 8 ) Piston Calipars
Nitro (5,10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120) Seconds
Stage (4, 5) Chassis
Stage (4, 5) Engine
(Super High, Ultra High) RPM Range Turbo Kit

Tyres
Comfort Hard (C, V) Tyres
Comfort Medium (C, V) Tyres
Comfort Soft (C, V) Tyres
Dirt (C, V) Tyres
Racing Hard (C, V) Tyres
Racing Medium (C, V) Tyres
Racing Soft (C, V) Tyres
Racing Super Soft Tyres
Racing Super Soft (C, V) Tyres
Rain Heavy Tyres
Rain Heavy (C, V) Tyres
Rain Intermediate (C, V)
Snow (C, V) Tyres
Sports Hard (C, V) Tyres
Sports Medium (C, V) Tyres
Sports Soft (C, V) Tyres
Sports Super Soft Tyres
Sports Super Soft (C, V) Tyres

Theme Tickets
Concept
D1 Grand Prix
Introductory
JGTC / Super GT
Le Mans 24Hr
Rally

Level Tickets
L25 to L40

Manufacturer Tickets
Acura
Alpha Romeo
Aston Martin
Audi
BMW
Chevrolet
Chrysler
Citroen
Daihatsu
Dodge
Ferrari
Fiat
Ford
FPV
Honda
Hyundai
Inifiniti
Isuzu
Jaguar
Lamborghini
Lancia
Lexus
Lotus
Mazda
Mercedes-Benz
Mini
Mitsubishi
Nissan
Opel
Pagani
Peugot
Pontiac
Renault
Shelby
Suburu
Suzuki
Toyota
TVR
Vauxhall
Volkswagon
Volvo

Other
Generic Horn Item
Generic Movie Item
Generic Museum Card Item

Also possible access to the special menu ala Prologue.

Watevaman

So what would you do to the X201x to make it a negative PP like above?

And this doesn't risk being banned in any way? Obviously I wouldn't use any modded cars online.

edit: oh wait, you can just mod your credits? well that's easier.

rvy

Banned
Bobs are fucking idiots. There's no other explanation for this crap he keeps pulling off. Whoever programmed their AI needs to be fired. Côte d'Azur is perfect to demonstrate how bad their AI is.

Archon473

Cote d'Azur requires an especially cool approach. You'll need to watch to determine if he's driving too hastily. Find points along the course where you'll consistently tell him to pace up or down each lap. He'll keep a desired pace and won't be overwhelmed by rampant pace adjustment commands.

rvy

Banned
Cote d'Azur requires an especially cool approach. You'll need to watch to determine if he's driving too hastily. Find points along the course where you'll consistently tell him to pace up or down each lap. He'll keep a desired pace and won't be overwhelmed by rampant pace adjustment commands.

I figured it out, eventually. Needed to get him a Ford GT LM Spec II, but he did it. I just hate baby-sitting and Bobs are morons in Côte d'Azur. They're morons in general, really.
I much prefer Forza 4's aggressive A.I. Yeah, they make mistakes and crash every now and then, but at least they're hellbent on getting to 1st place.

The 24 hours events are gonna kill me.

The secret option menu can be opened.

There's four versions of the Top Gear track in the game? I can only drive on the default one :(

The Top Gear Track
The Top Gear Track
The Top Gear Track / Change Weather
The Top Gear Track

You can't even register the Ferrari F1 cars as opponents, I wanted some Polyphony F1 / Ferrari action :(

Top Bottom