• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

dubc35

quoting for a new page
ikWRch1SbiXws.gif

^ Sick!

I thought he was saying each car takes 6 months, I can't really remember though so I am quite happy to be shown wrong.

Here's what Kaz said

In GT and GT2, both for PS1, a designer spent a day to model a car. In GT3 and GT4, for PS2, the same worker spent a month modeling the same car due to the increased amount of polygons. In GT5 for PS3, they require six months to do the same job

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2007/12/kazunori-yamauchi-dishes-more-gran-turismo-5-details/

It sounds very similar to the DriveClub quote.

amar212

How does this ruin GT6?

Probably he thinks about similarities of the code.

GT6 will 99,9% run on the same source-code as GT5. With knowledge of the source-code, GT6 gamefiles will not be protected from hacks.

Thus, public online could be ruined very easily.

Yeah, damn rad development. Somebody should tweet Kaz with the link from NGU.

As long as they're made aware of this I can't imagine it would be that hard to block it again.

Even GT5 can be patched to fix it.

Cars should only be allowed to have upgrades that they're allowed to have and adjusted in the way they'd be allowed to be adjusted, so yes this sounds fixable. I'm not sure what values are being tweaked but it should be possible to confirm every car is legal or not.

It would be harder to block people with free money and free cars but that's not a big concern.

The only Gran Turismo i expect announced for PS3 is GT Academy 2013. Other than that, i´ll want it on PS4.

But if that´s really the case of a GT6 on PS3, then online leaderboards and matchmaking will soften the blow. I can work around the other flaws/shortcomings.

amar212

I approve, it looks amazing.

Can you make a matte-white one, I would love to see it in full glory? And yellow one, just for the sake of old-school Jordan?

And is there a way for me to obtain such coloured vehicles without modding anything?

I approve, it looks amazing.

Can you make a matte-white one, I would love to see it in full glory? And yellow one, just for the sake of old-school Jordan?

And is there a way for me to obtain such coloured vehicles without modding anything?

will do a yellow version another time and i'm not sure about obtaining them without modding.

why don't you want to mod the save? it only takes a few seconds to change the colour once you've got the value.

amar212

AMAZING.

Thank you for this.

But wait, you are saying people are modifying and using modified saves withoit modded consoles? If so, then I understand your disclosure above regarding game being *ruined*. Sad to hear really.

Do you have info how everything started?

Watevaman

I don't know GAF's policy on modded consoles and the like but if I don't need a modded console to mod my save then I might do this stuff. That's cool that you can use any color on any car.

I don't know GAF's policy on modded consoles and the like but if I don't need a modded console to mod my save then I might do this stuff. That's cool that you can use any color on any car.

I had a look, you backup your save data to USB from the XMB and then modify it on your PC. They are encrypted but presumably what Wax Free means is the encryption has been busted. Actually I'm looking at a months old page, I should find the right one.

Remember Kaz saying that he wanted the FIA GT license for GT5, but time just ran out? Well, we know that he visited their offices recently. Now we have this

To get to the point, a guy I knew from a class a year above mine, and still talk to, is at internship at Fischer Racing GmbH in Germany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer_Racing).
Today he made a short Facebook post about how some "Playstation programmers" had been visiting them today, and I obviously had to ask about further details.

The cars in question are an Aston Martin DBR9, Aston Martin Vantage GT3 and a Ford GT (presumably the GT's used in GT Masters and the FIA GT3 European Championship).

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=275375

paskowitz

All they need is the SLS, Z4, V8 Vantage, Ford GT, MP4-12c, 458, Corvette C6R (basically the ZR1RM), Nismo GTR (GTR TC), R8 LMS (convert standard to premium) and Gallardo LP600. The only cars that are likely to be replaced in the near future are a small update to the R8, the C7R and maybe the Lamborghini. PD already has 3 of these cars basically done. The Z4 is the only one that is not in GT5 as a production car. I do not think it is unreasonable to think FIA GT will be in the next GT. If they put in the MC12, DBR9, Saleen S7R and Murcialago from the good old GT1 days that would be ace.

Dead Man

All they need is the SLS, Z4, V8 Vantage, Ford GT, MP4-12c, 458, Corvette C6R (basically the ZR1RM), Nismo GTR (GTR TC), R8 LMS (convert standard to premium) and Gallardo LP600. The only cars that are likely to be replaced in the near future are a small update to the R8, the C7R and maybe the Lamborghini. PD already has 3 of these cars basically done. The Z4 is the only one that is not in GT5 as a production car. I do not think it is unreasonable to think FIA GT will be in the next GT. If they put in the MC12, DBR9, Saleen S7R and Murcialago from the good old GT1 days that would be ace.

Watch them then waste the license completely.

paskowitz

Watch them then waste the license completely.

Pretty hard to waste. FIA GT does not have super specific rules or unique formatting like NASCAR or WRC. All they would need to do is classify the cars correctly. In addition they should also allow performance upgrades so certain cars change from classification to classification (GTE, to FIA GT3, to FIA GT1, etc).

I do not have high expectations for GT if the next one is one the PS3. If it is on the PS4 PD really need these three things though: livery editor, track editor (at least more options to current random generation system... but a Mod Nation Racers type mechanic would be preferred. This would obviously include road, dirt, snow, etc), and a custom race editor for both Ai and MP.

With these systems in place, PD could make GT Next Gen a single title for the PS4 and just add new content as time passes. This would obviously lend itself to some type of season pass. If the title was promised to be supported for the entire generation, I bet many people would be ok with this.

Then once the PS4 hits mass market price (<$200) and the new console is approaching make GT Next Gen a Free2Play game with the majority of the at launch included and the rest available for reasonable prices. Those who loath F2P already have the game and have paid the way they want to pay so they are not being forced into a bad situation.

Then when the next next gen GT comes out the process repeats. Retail unit with DLC over time and then transitioning to F2P at the end of its life.

This way PD and SCE expand their audience and maintain their core following.

Good idea? Bad idea?

With new cars like LaFerrari and P1 having KERS or DRS systems, for future GT titles can we expect PD to let us use these technologies or they'll be permanently disabled ingame?

Dead Man

Pretty hard to waste. FIA GT does not have super specific rules or unique formatting like NASCAR or WRC. All they would need to do is classify the cars correctly. In addition they should also allow performance upgrades so certain cars change from classification to classification (GTE, to FIA GT3, to FIA GT1, etc).

I do not have high expectations for GT if the next one is one the PS3. If it is on the PS4 PD really need these three things though: livery editor, track editor (at least more options to current random generation system... but a Mod Nation Racers type mechanic would be preferred. This would obviously include road, dirt, snow, etc), and a custom race editor for both Ai and MP.

With these systems in place, PD could make GT Next Gen a single title for the PS4 and just add new content as time passes. This would obviously lend itself to some type of season pass. If the title was promised to be supported for the entire generation, I bet many people would be ok with this.

Then once the PS4 hits mass market price (<$200) and the new console is approaching make GT Next Gen a Free2Play game with the majority of the at launch included and the rest available for reasonable prices. Those who loath F2P already have the game and have paid the way they want to pay so they are not being forced into a bad situation.

Then when the next next gen GT comes out the process repeats. Retail unit with DLC over time and then transitioning to F2P at the end of its life.

This way PD and SCE expand their audience and maintain their core following.

Good idea? Bad idea?

I don't doubt they will have the cars. It's more the race structure and championship structure I am talking about. WRC license and no WRC championship series, stuff like that gives me no faith. I can understand with NASCAR, oval racing is not something their handling model does very well, but there was no reason for not having a very solid rally mode.

I would like your idea a lot more if PD had shown any ability to do decent DLC this gen.

I'm really hoping that the Veneno is in GT6. I'm really not a fan of Lambo designs, but that design is so damn insane that it's hard not to love it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
will do a yellow version another time and i'm not sure about obtaining them without modding.

why don't you want to mod the save? it only takes a few seconds to change the colour once you've got the value.

Is it possible to mod the paint chips and PP? I know you can change the Horse Power and credits but heard nothing about the PP or paint chips.

The PP is the most important one, since if that's changed these things can get around the lobby locks.

Tacky is the word I would use. Did michael bay designed it?

Tacky would be appropriate as well. It's unlike anything i've ever seen. Too bad the interior design is a letdown

lamborghini-veneno-inrtjsv.jpg

It has such a futuristic exterior design that it's surprising that they didn't go for the same style with the interior. They should've gone 100% with that style just like the GT by Citroen.

paskowitz

Tacky is the word I would use. Did michael bay designed it?

In a world of boring, safe, unimaginative car design sometimes you need to appreciate when a designer snorts cocaine and pens a car.

Edit: It does look like the high faded when the designer did the interior.

Personally, I want to see more unique cars like the XJ13.

AMAZING.

Thank you for this.

But wait, you are saying people are modifying and using modified saves withoit modded consoles? If so, then I understand your disclosure above regarding game being *ruined*. Sad to hear really.

Do you have info how everything started?

Yeah, any PS3/firmware.

Not sure how the modding started - Sorg on GTPlanet? Some chap called Aldo developed Bruteforce SaveData which is used to decrypt the save.

So no games have released trailers for the new supercars? Strange. I guess everything is going into lockdown until the next round of games are unveiled.

paskowitz

So no games have released trailers for the new supercars? Strange. I guess everything is going into lockdown until the next round of games are unveiled.

I am surprised the NSX Concept has not been released. The interior has already been revealed so... like you said, I guess they are saving it.

KaidoRacer7

Kaz just posted this on his Facebook page (he's been visiting the Red Bull Hangar)

No text with it. He's also been "liking" a lot photos of supercars that were shown recently. The Veneno is one of them.

I always think that is strange not have any Red Bull F1 car in GT5 with all RB love

I always think that is strange not have any Red Bull F1 car in GT5 with all RB love

I think some have said that the lack of the F1 car was due to licensing problems. Ferrari owns their branding, so they can sub-license their cars out to any game that they want. Other cars may be under the F1 banner, which would mean that only Codemasters has access to them.

i don't believe it.

there's no way any of the teams in f1 have given their image/brand rights to the demon headmaster. sony need to pay up like they did for the bonus cars that featured in their f1 games - these were licensed directly from the manufacturer.

currently active teams that have licensed their grand prix cars out:

mclaren
williams
ferrari
sauber

others:

brawn
classic team lotus
cooper
jordan
honda
renault

if gt6 doesn't have at least 30 premium gp cars covering 6 decades of racing heads need to be rolled.

Dave_6

i don't believe it.

there's no way any of the teams in f1 have given their image/brand rights to the demon headmaster. sony need to pay up like they did for the bonus cars that featured in their f1 games - these were licensed directly from the manufacturer.

mclaren
williams
ferrari
sauber

others:

brawn
classic team lotus
cooper
jordan
honda
renault

if gt6 doesn't have at least 30 premium gp cars covering 6 decades of racing heads need to be rolled.

I will be so fucking happy if they put generations of F1 cars in the next GT game!

i don't believe it.

mclaren
williams
ferrari
sauber

others:

brawn
classic team lotus
cooper
jordan
honda
renault

I don't know if it's true, I was just pointing out that it's the speculation that some came up with. We know that there are a lot of bullshit rules that surround F1 in general (like how Monaco is a no go without the license), so it wouldn't be shocking if that were one of them. And Ferrari has such a big name that it also wouldn't be shocking if they made sure to retain all rights to it and the properties that they develop.

The only way that we'd know for sure is if someone interviewed Kaz or Codemasters about it.

Wait wait wait hold up...... Kaz has a FB page/account?

http://www.facebook.com/kazunori.yamauchi.58

dubc35

*snip*

Considering they didn't even have a race for the F1 cars in the GT5 to race in, sans the seasonal event, I guess heads will roll. GT6 IMO: more premiums, a few more tracks, no revamp of a-spec/b-spec/events, minor updates to driving physics, and no change to AI. $60.....
I'll still buy it though

Considering they didn't even have a race for the F1 cars in the GT5 to race in, sans the seasonal event, I guess heads will roll. GT6 IMO: more premiums, a few more tracks, no revamp of a-spec/b-spec/events, minor updates to driving physics, and no change to AI. $60.....
I'll still buy it though

Your expectations are much lower than mind, and that might be a good strategy to take. But I really expect GT6 to be a complete revamp of the series. From the dropping of standards to A-Spec.

amar212

Your expectations are much lower than mine..

I just want 40 new tracks in various categories and ability to make more elaborate courses in Course Editor with 10+ new surroundings. Everything else can stay 100% the same, I wouldn't care - I do not need a single new car added, or whatever. Simply do not care.

For a full frenzy I would welcome ability to change oil in pits in all type of sessions, ability to race B-Spec Bobs in multiplayer online and ability to watch replay while chatting in lobby.

Everything above that would be a godsend.

Where does that puts me? :)

I just want 40 new tracks in various categories and ability to make more elaborate courses in Course Editor with 10+ new surroundings. Everything else can stay 100% the same, I wouldn't care - I do not need a single new car added, or whatever. Simply do not care.

For a full frenzy I would welcome ability to change oil in pits in all type of sessions, ability to race B-Spec Bobs in multiplayer online and ability to watch replay while chatting in lobby.

Everything above that would be a godsend.

Where does that puts me? :)

Still lower than my expectations with the exception of expecting 40 new tracks (i'm expecting about 20-30). One of the reasons i'm expecting big changes is due to Kaz saying that he would've want two additional years to work on GT5. This gives him three additional years. He's also mentioned that they were building stuff for GT5 that just didn't make the cut (livery editor, different racing licenses etc.). A-Spec mode in general sticks out as something that seemed rushed. So, I expect that to be very different in GT6.

Top Bottom