• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

offshore

Metalmurphy said:
They're not the ones to blame according to your logic.
Well, they're not are they? Was someone putting a gun to Porsche's executive team forcing them to go exclusive with EA? Of course not. It was Porsche's ultimate decision to be exclusive to EA. No-one else's.

People who hate on EA are probably the same misguided people who are now hating on BBC/Turn 10. In the end, it's Porsche's fault that they signed themselves exclusively to EA, and it now looks like it's Sony's fault for not locking down Top Gear more tightly. If you're hating on EA, BBC and Turn 10, you're really just hating on the wrong people.

I took the F1 10' around the Nurburgring GP and I approve of an F1 game made by PD. Actually, I want the new F1 game to be made by PD. You know what? The new F1 game SHOULD be made by PD.

Xun said:
Loved the new intro, but I almost expected the whole game to feel fresh.

I think I just overhyped Spec II a bit too much.

Personally, the game feels fresh. I've in fact shelved F1 2011 and shall be playing GT5 until the F1 patch is out.

Radec

Hanmik said:
went to gtplanet to check up on photos or something interesting.. took me like 5 seconds to exit that site.. what a big clusterfuck.. the design of the forum is worse than GT5´s UI..

maybe you'll like gamefaqs or n4g more..

JWong

Banned
offshore said:
Well, they're not are they? Was someone putting a gun to Porsche's executive team forcing them to go exclusive with EA? Of course not. It was Porsche's ultimate decision to be exclusive to EA. No-one else's.

People who hate on EA are probably the same misguided people who are now hating on BBC/Turn 10. In the end, it's Porsche's fault that they signed themselves exclusively to EA, and it now looks like it's Sony's fault for not locking down Top Gear more tightly. If you're hating on EA, BBC and Turn 10, you're really just hating on the wrong people.
I don't get the logic of not placing blame on the game dev (EA, Turn10), then suddenly place blame on the game dev (Sony).

I mean I could change these words: "Well, they're not are they? Was someone putting a gun to BBC's executive team forcing them to go exclusive with Turn10? Of course not. It was BBC's ultimate decision to be exclusive to Turn10. No-one else's."

Theonik

Hanmik said:
went to gtplanet to check up on photos or something interesting.. took me like 5 seconds to exit that site.. what a big clusterfuck.. the design of the forum is worse than GT5´s UI..

evilhomer

infinityBCRT said:
Watching the new intro on youtube (or at least what I believe is the new intro). They should've scrapped the whole car factory thing. Its nice to see once but its quite boring.
Havent watched the new intro yet, but it sounds like you are talking about the original intro.
My mistake still has factory stuff

Niks

SolidSnakex said:
What's the next anticipated real world track now that Spa's in? Road Atlanta? Panorama?

Personally Road America or Zandvoort would be awesome.

Edit: Most likely we would get Silverstone, which is another of the worlds most known tracks, another cathedral of racing.

amar212

SolidSnakex said:
What's the next anticipated real world track now that Spa's in? Road Atlanta? Panorama?

Bathurst (Panorama) by large margin.

Infenion and Motegi variations are *missing* from GT4 lineup.

But Buthurst is the last "unimously praised" track. After 'Hurst all comes doen to personal preference.

For instance, in some magical "give me 5 except Bathurst" I would like to get Imola, Red Bull Ring (former A1 Ring), Infenion, Sugo and Eurospeedway Lauswitz. Those 5 tracks would make great benefit for the online racing with htir variety, configurations and different approach to flow. But somebody elses list would be 100% different.

Bathurst always wins. And yes, I will post this link again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-8fRyyzBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SolidSnakex said:
Didn't someone say that there are licensing issues with some F1 tracks? PD simply can't get to them without the F1 license.

I didn't know that. It'd be great if we could get a tracks like Interlagos or Istanbul Park.

Anyway, Mount Panorama would be awesome!

Edit: Are we talking about a wishlist or what is expected to come next?

paskowitz

amar212 said:
Bathurst (Panorama) by large margin.

Infenion and Motegi variations are *missing* from GT4 lineup.

But Buthurst is the last "unimously praised" track. After 'Hurst all comes doen to personal preference.

For instance, in some magical "give me 5 except Bathurst" I would like to get Imola, Red Bull Ring (former A1 Ring), Infenion, Sugo and Eurospeedway Lauswitz. Those 5 tracks would make great benefit for the online racing with htir variety, configurations and different approach to flow. But somebody elses list would be 100% different.

Bathurst always wins. And yes, I will post this link again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-8fRyyzBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A recreation of the Targa Florio would be up there. Pikes Peak as well. Watkins Glen also has a ton of history. After that I would have to agree and say Imola. If they made Imola, I would hope they model the old version with Tamburello.

Audioboxer

I'm sure screen tearing has been reduced. Not noticing any from my 2 races so far. Would be good if DF ran another analysis.

tusken77

evilhomer said:
Havent watched the new intro yet, but it sounds like you are talking about the original intro.

Spec 2.0's intro has the car manufacturing process in Part 1, it's just presented slightly differently and has a new piano piece. And it's still awesome.

gogogow

SolidSnakex said:
Doesn't it take ages to model a real world track? I think from now forward we are getting modified cars and racing gear as DLC and at most GT4 touched up tracks, like El Capitan.

offshore said:
Try putting the wipers on. If the wipers don't tear massively, then they've improved it.
Thing is, the wipers seemed to tear separately from the rest of the screen, so I dunno if that's a good measurement.

So what about the physics? Nobody seems to be talking about that. If this was a PC sim, everyone would focus on that. Anyone feel any difference? Do stock tyres still feel too slippery?

Audioboxer

offshore said:
Try putting the wipers on. If the wipers don't tear massively, then they've improved it.

Seems they've improved it. I'm racing in dry conditions mind you (did you mean wet only, or either?), in the nissan stealth model.

evilhomer said:
My mistake still has factory stuff
Its kinda silly really, if someone didn't tell you it was a new intro you wouldn't even know because you probably wouldn't sit through the factory sequence to find out.

amar212

paskowitz said:
A recreation of the Targa Florio would be up there. Pikes Peak as well. Watkins Glen also has a ton of history. After that I would have to agree and say Imola. If they made Imola, I would hope they model the old version with Tamburello.

I agree with both Targa Florio and Pikes Peak, but those are not really tracks in regular perception.. But getting full Targa - and job done by rFactor guys is simply amazing - would just be beyond words, I would pay 20 euros for Targa in PD standards, even wothout weather/night..

Same with Peak, we still do not know was there any truth in original 2010 Red Bull *leak*.

Niks

Want.

Ey8H6.jpg

Angst

Pazuzu9 said:
So what about the physics? Nobody seems to be talking about that. If this was a PC sim, everyone would focus on that. Anyone feel any difference? Do stock tyres still feel too slippery?
Only played a few laps but they seem better to me. As Amar said the FFB is better and tyres feel like they have the right amount of grip. A bit early to tell for sure though.

-Amon-

Angst said:
Only played a few laps but they seem better to me. As Amar said the FFB is better and tyres feel like they have the right amount of grip. A bit early to tell for sure though.

It would be great to know if hard tires last more laps than soft ones now.

HenryHSH

infinityBCRT said:
BTW if anyone hasn't seen it yet, this is how the Veyron cockpit looks in the 2.0 update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr7T2qjYqGM

Still not a premium car which is ridiculous. Kinda a very Japanese thing to do by ignoring such a beast of a car. But this also shows why Top Gear was never really a good fit with GT5 either. Top Gear loves the Veyron.

In previous GTs, they tint the windows to hide the interior and didn't bother designing the inside. With open cockpits, interiors are visible so they had to design/texture those.

paskowitz

amar212 said:
I agree with both Targa Florio and Pikes Peak, but those are not really tracks in regular perception.. But getting full Targa - and job done by rFactor guys is simply amazing - would just be beyond words, I would pay 20 euros for Targa in PD standards, even wothout weather/night..

Same with Peak, we still do not know was there any truth in original 2010 Red Bull *leak*.

If they included Pikes Peak, it would be sweet if weather was not only modeled on time but elevation change as well. I also would hope they have different versions with varying amounts of tarmac. Lastly, no invisible walls, I want to be able to mess up and cry like a baby as I roll down the cliff face.

offshore said:

Wait wait... how is it Porsches fault on one hand, but not BBCs on the other hand?

oO

And the hate is in the right place it's in the ones that are prohibiting all the other companies from using content. Simple as that.

DoctorWho said:
Has all the hidden content been pooled together yet? Noticed it wasn't updated in the OP.

Doing it now. Had to get home first.

paskowitz

For those that do not know the reason Porsche and EA are so cozy with each other is because Porsche was very happy with NFS Porsche Unleashed. Apparently the game went over well at Porsche and they have been buddies ever since. I also remember reading that EA execs are friends with some Porsche execs.

mikespit1200 said:
Probably a laughable question, but I'm still playing GT5 with a 6-axis. I'm missing out with a DS3 aren't I? Even more without a wheel...
I don't really see why there would be much benefit of playing with a DS3 over a Sixaxis. Vibration feedback is ok, but it's just decorative. Force feeback with a wheel on the other hand, is actually useful.

offshore

Metalmurphy said:
Wait wait... how is it Porsches fault on one hand, but not BBC on the other hand?

oO
Come on, it's obvious, because Sony did not have a prior agreement with Porsche like they did with BBC.

Porsche sold their rights to EA, that's their fault. The BBC sold their rights to MS *BUT* Sony already had an agreement with Top Gear - and as we've already established since 2007 - but it now seems that Sony did not lock it down as tightly as they should have, otherwise we would not be in the position we are now whereby Sony seemingly aren't allowed to even mention Top Gear anymore.

Therefore it's Sony's fault. If you want to blame the BBC/Turn 10, go ahead, but the real the blame should be directed at Sony. They should have had all this stuff locked down in the first place, before MS got there, three years later, and seemingly started dictating to Sony what they could and could not do.

LOL, they changed the impact sounds.

What will the complainers complain about next so they can fix it?

*edit* I think I prefer the old ones.

offshore said:
Come on, it's obvious, because Sony did not have a prior agreement with Porsche like they did with BBC.

Porsche sold their rights to EA, that's their fault. The BBC sold their rights to MS *BUT* Sony already had an agreement with Top Gear - and as we've already established since 2007 - but it now seems that Sony did not lock it down as tightly as they should have, otherwise we would not be in the position we are now whereby Sony seemingly aren't allowed to even mention Top Gear anymore.

Therefore it's Sony's fault. If you want to blame the BBC/Turn 10, go ahead, but the real the blame should be directed at Sony. They should have had all this stuff locked down in the first place, before MS got there, three years later, and seemingly started dictating to Sony what they could and could not do.

"Should" is a relative term. You could argue that BBC SHOULDN'T have made an exclusive deal. Hence I blame them for accepting, and MS for doing it. Just like I blame EA.

Exclusive deals only harm us the consumer, I'm a consumer, not a business man for EA/MS or Sony. My anger is in the right place.

Loudninja said:
Here is the official list
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5news/d6025.html

Might be hiding changes still :)
Thanks, didn't see that before. There are indeed some stuff missing, like the improved shadows.

Need to take a better look.

Top Bottom