• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

magawolaz

So... 20 pages (or 10 for the superior blabla) in less then a day.

In 2010 I was lurking the original Thread and was pretty much the same. I feel like going back in time

darkwing

why didn't they add this before???

- Addition of the Consecutive Login Bonus
When a user logs in consecutively, a bonus will now be applied to experience and race rewards.
It will increase to 110% in the 1st day, 130% in the 2nd day, 150% in the 3rd day, 170% in the 4th, to a maximum of 200% in the 5th day. This will apply to all events both online and offline, so logging in every day will make the game progress faster.

Duffyside

Banned
So has the custom soundtrack feature been tweaked since release? I hated the way it always stopped playing after every race and I'd have to restart it again.

TheSeks said:
Spec 1 I feel is better. There's some new shots in Spec 2 that look nice, but the parts put on the beautiful 1080p shots of real-life video is jarring and looks terrible. :(
I agree. The way it has been cut together this time is not as good, and the music sucks in comparison. It used to build in intensity right until the end, and now it's just... meh. But the second half is ace, so I'll let them off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
darkwing said:

Because Polyphony is fucking stupid. That's why. Half this stuff in this update should've came out MONTHS after launch or at least been there day one.

But, sure, Kaz: I'll take the increased EXP for logging in once a day and hope it progresses faster than 1.0 GT5. The only time EXP was somewhat decent was 1.5 but you had to nerf that after Christmas, didn't you? >:|

darkwing

TheSeks said:
Because Polyphony is fucking stupid. That's why. Half this stuff in this update should've came out MONTHS after launch or at least been there day one.

But, sure, Kaz: I'll take the increased EXP for logging in once a day and hope it progresses faster than 1.0 GT5. The only time EXP was somewhat decent was 1.5 but you had to nerf that after Christmas, didn't you? >:|

this is amazing, online races will be more fun since they also increase the rewards by 60%

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Choosing the time of day is much nicer now for a nice drive in your favourite car, I really disliked not being able to choose when you drove.

I haven't raced in the rain yet, but does anyone know if the rain still looks a bit iffy and pixely? (is pixely even the right word?)

offshore said:
Come on, it's obvious, because Sony did not have a prior agreement with Porsche like they did with BBC.

Porsche sold their rights to EA, that's their fault. The BBC sold their rights to MS *BUT* Sony already had an agreement with Top Gear - and as we've already established since 2007 - but it now seems that Sony did not lock it down as tightly as they should have, otherwise we would not be in the position we are now whereby Sony seemingly aren't allowed to even mention Top Gear anymore.

Therefore it's Sony's fault. If you want to blame the BBC/Turn 10, go ahead, but the real the blame should be directed at Sony. They should have had all this stuff locked down in the first place, before MS got there, three years later, and seemingly started dictating to Sony what they could and could not do.

I don't know why you lot can't just agree that all these companies are as much to blame as each other, the only difference is at what level have they tried to screw each other over.

The only problem I have is when a company buys license deals that span platforms they are never going to develop for, or in recent memory a developer who goes off on one about a company who does gets a license and moans how they don't get certain content when they have seemingly done exactly the same thing themselves to someone else.

Not that it really matters what any of us say anyway, lol.

offshore

Metalmurphy said:
- Experience gained in online races have been increased by 60%, and rewards have been increased by 66%.
Yep, just seen it.

That's pretty good. Original credit/XP payout for online was way too low.

HenryHSH said:
In previous GTs, they tint the windows to hide the interior and didn't bother designing the inside. With open cockpits, interiors are visible so they had to design/texture those.
Thats not the issue, the issue is the fact that they skipped over making it a premium.

ashk

Anyone tried out the endurance saving? I'd just like to know if you're able to do other races while you have an ongoing raced saved, or if it's like championships in GT4 where you're locked out of everything until you finish or quit the race.

Loudninja

ashk said:
Anyone tried out the endurance saving? I'd just like to know if you're able to do other races while you have an ongoing raced saved, or if it's like championships in GT4 where you're locked out of everything until you finish or quit the race.
Yes.

The blame goes to all the asshole who are 'locking down' all this content. All of us would be better off if GT5 and Forza both had equal access to Top Gear, BBC, etc.

Broseybrose

Nice, 15-20 minute download. Not too bad at all for 1100MB (for PSN). Then again Im in South Florida downloading it at 12:30pm EST. Not exactly PSN primetime.

paskowitz said:
For those that do not know the reason Porsche and EA are so cozy with each other is because Porsche was very happy with NFS Porsche Unleashed. Apparently the game went over well at Porsche and they have been buddies ever since. I also remember reading that EA execs are friends with some Porsche execs.
yup. after that they signed a 10 year deal.... 11 years ago. They probably have another deal by now.

But the Porsche / Forza thing sounds like it also had something to do with Microsoft being dicks with there Ferrari licence according to Slightly Mad studios.

Maybe it was just a case of "you wont give us your licence so we wont give you ours".

The Top Gear stuff was probably PD not getting the in game stuff like the stig challenges and the TG studio as part of there first deal to get the track and where just doing stuff in good fate with a hand shake agreement before Turn 10 came down with a tuck of money and got Top Gear to sign a contract forcing Polyphony to cut some stuff.

Basically exclusive licences in racing games are dumb but lets hope PD lock things down next time.

Toxa

307710_10150848665935048_16562850047_20929997_1782565915_n.jpg

Ranger X

darkwing said:

Actually it's a terrible idea. I game shouldn't mess with my schedule. I should play any game at any moment I want and not be advantaged or disadvantage by the moment I decide to play it. I really hate this mentality, it even turns me off.

jett

D-Member
I wonder how feasible it is to include the color grading effects PD uses in trailers into the actual game. Looks so good.

I really like the update.

It has small changes, but wow, they do make a difference.

After some thoughts i have no doubt in my mind that the biggest and best change this patch brought us was the slipstreaming option.

I tested and it´s way better. Can´t wait to try on Nascar races.

I agree that all of this should be in the original release, but hey, we got it now.

I´m blown away that PD is finally listening to us and adding the small bits that add so much to the gameplay.

When i saw the option to turn the HUD off in an earlier update, and now with the slipstream option, it´s like Kaz personally read my posts and told his team to put it on the game.

Wishlists and complain posts do have a function, and i´m glad they are tailoring GT5 to us.

New racing cars, (SuperGT 2007, 2011, other years) leaderboards, old GT tracks and online championships would make this the ultimate and perfect racing game.

However, since they are listening to me, here it goes some thougts after the news:

-----------------------------------------

DLC cars and pacth cars are a major letdown. I will buy day one, but the TC cars are nothing but racing modifications based on current cars.

The karts, the X1, the Schulze GTR, liveries and specs.

The 2011 Nascars only have a different splitter. Once again, i follow Nascar closely and i´m confirming that 2011 cars are just like the 2010 models, just with different liveries and a different splitter. Real teams still use 2010 models this year to race. It´s a fact.

So, no new cars were modelled. Some were free and it is nice, but i´m still expecting totally new models.

If their business model is to make monthly or weekly DLC, then it´s cool. I hope it´s the case.

I was expecting some older tracks to go along Spa. Upscaled versions of GT4 and GT2 tracks would add a lot to the game.

Finally, keep working on the leaderboards. They have to be in it someday. Don´t listen to Metalmurphy Kaz, listen to me. :)

Polyphony

YES! The bloom remains in photographs now. Also, the smoke aliasing has been reduced for pictures. If I try, I can still capture crappy smoke from an offending angle, but most of the time, the edges appear smoother.

Not too shabby.

Just rebought GT5, feels good to be back. And yay, I'm done with the updates (9 updates for me), that went sooner than I thought, maybe ca 20 mins.

it's awesome ...

my only problem right now is that i'm working and that yesterday , night the servers were just ...busy ...

i'll just get it tonight

Really like the update so far. The faster loading to the settings menu before a race is really great. They also updated the list of races for remote racing!

If anyone is interested in having their drivers doing remote races, add me.

dwebo

jett said:
I wonder how feasible it is to include the color grading effects PD uses in trailers into the actual game. Looks so good.
They're probably just the photo mode filters (cool, warm, partial color mostly). I can't imagine them being too taxing, at least for replay mode, if they wanted to put them in.

seattle6418 said:
If their business model is to make monthly or weekly DLC, then it´s cool. I hope it´s the case.
$18 separately and $12 as a pack is too pricey for weekly or even monthly DLC. Quarterly? Possibly. I think we'll be lucky if we see another pack release before the year ends, though if they're feeling particularly generous maybe we'll get some details.

Then again, everything but the track pack couldn't have taken them that long to whip up. I suppose they could keep churning out that sort of stuff easily enough, but I don't know if people will keep buying them at those prices.

The game must be getting hammered, menu loading is the worst I've seen in months in the game. Why THE FUCK do they have network load during a menu, unreal.

Solal

These intros are so pompous and pretentious... though completly uninspired : exactly like GT5 in the end.

Kaz should take some rest and let a new producer take care of his baby...this is becoming embarrassing.

BTW, thanks for the 15th, 126th, 127th, and 128th skylines Kaz!

Top Bottom