• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

spats

Solal said:
These intros are so pompous and pretentious... though completly uninspired : exactly like GT5 in the end.

I can't agree with that on any level. Sorry you don't like creative editing and beautiful visuals.

Oh man, my driving skills have definitely gone down the shitter after a long break... it's gonna take a while before I can even think about joining some GAF races.

After golding that Vettel seasonal I got almost 20 millions credits... any opinions which car I should buy if I want to blow all my credits on one of those 20 million super cars?

Solal said:
These intros are so pompous and pretentious... though completly uninspired : exactly like GT5 in the end.

Kaz should take some rest and let a new producer take care of his baby...this is becoming embarrassing.

BTW, thanks for the 15th, 126th, 127th, and 128th skylines Kaz!
DcjPb.jpg

But after a year PD releasing a 15 car DLC pack and 3 of the cars being skylines is pretty funny.

brotkasten said:
It's really not a big deal. Tracks load faster, but you still have to wait for the cars to load.
Yep - I think they just shifted things around. You can get into the track quicker to do any setup and tweak settings, but you still have to wait for the cars. This is in every way better than just having one longer progress bar beforehand. There are probably subtle load times improvements as well, but that's the big one.

My favorite change in the update is weather/time settings in practice mode. Its isn't so much an improvement as much as un-fucking-up the released game. Should've been there day one but I'll gladly take the fix. Career just doesn't interest me as much as taking a sweet ride on some beautiful practice sessions. Its relaxing, engaging, and helps me decompress after a long day of work.

Second to that would be standard car cockpits, which I've asked for since day one, but seeing as how I don't have any standard cars and there are still plenty of premiums I still have my eye on I'm not sure when I'll get to check that out.

And well, of course, fucking Spa coming soon? That's glorious. I hope they have more tracks in the works.

JWong

Banned
Solal said:

Kaz should take some rest and let a new producer take care of his baby...this is becoming embarrassing.

13yjiq9.gif

luka

Loves Robotech S1
NullPointer said:
Yep - I think they just shifted things around. You can get into the track quicker to do any setup and tweak settings, but you still have to wait for the cars. This is in every way better than just having one longer progress bar beforehand. There are probably subtle load times improvements as well, but that's the big one.
Just being able to do something while the rest of the stuff loads is a huge deal. It really makes all the difference. The UI in general just feels faster and saving doesn't take an hour anymore, it all really adds up in the end.

Radec

Solal said:

3/10.

Solal said:

GT5 intro... uninspired...

Now i've heard it all.

Melfice7

STG said:
Thanks to the faster load times it's now even better to refresh the used car dealership. I love this!

The fastest way to refresh the UCD is going to a seasonal event, load the track once, as soon the race starts you quit, then start race again without even needing to load the track :D do it 5 times and done

Old? DLC Karts are currently available in the Arcade mode

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=226731

Also, as a quick note, the old PDI Racing Kart has been downgraded from 33hp to 21 now...the 125 Racing Kart also sounds different to the other karts, and also has a different cockpit. Note how all of the new karts also have lights too. I haven't compared the performance for them yet, but the Jr. should obviously be the slowest and the 125 the fastest with the 100 in the middle.

xAHWz.jpg

tusken77

"Uninspired"

lol

The birth of an automobile from iron ore to the moment it opens its eyes/headlights and begins to 'live' is genius. It's a mini masterpiece.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Well, I'm loving the new introductions but:

A) alpha channel is as fucked up as it has always been, dunno if it has been reduced in replays but it definitely hasn't in-game.

B) I was happy to have it at first, bit after 5 minutes unfortunately I had to do a 180°: blacked out cockpit view on standard cars is absolutely unplayable, useless *to me*. Thank god for those cars which actually have a real one, it's awesome for standards like the Formula GT and I'm really enjoying it now!

Solal said:

1/10

Damn....GT5 is one amazing game even when some issues are still going on.
I just love the dynamic weather and Nurnburgring is a real blast to drive. Special Route at night is also a great track.

I've not played GT5 for over 6 months, but this update makes me reconsider buying Forza 4 at day one

Solal

tusken77 said:
"Uninspired"

lol

The birth of an automobile from iron ore to the moment it opens its eyes/headlights and begins to 'live' is genius. It's a mini masterpiece.

Thank you for explaining... but if you call this genius, I feel sorry for you.

Btw, i am an absolute fan of GT from GT1... but Kaz's condescendance and lack of imagination is killing the serie. (plus: the tearing)

Soon, GT will run after Forza just like PES is running after FIFA now.

jiggles

Banned
I was sliding around in the snow earlier and noticed the chase cam drifting a little to either side of the car, rather than being completely fixed.

Was it always like that when drifting? I know people are always complaining about its rigidity, but it seems like they've loosened it a little.

Solal said:

Btw, i am an absolute fan of GT from GT1... but Kaz's condescendance and lack of imagination is killing the serie. (plus: the tearing)

Thanks for your input, but we have a thread where we are allowed to discuss both series. This is not the right thread.

e: And could someone please correct the thread title? It's Spec 2.0, not II. "Where Spa is driven" would be nice, too.

Solal

brotkasten said:
Thanks for your input, but we have a thread where we are allowed to discuss both series. This is not the right thread.

e: And could someone please correct the thread title? It's Spec 2.0, not II. "Where Spa is driven" would be nice, too.

true.

Sorry about that.

Makes sense for all the DLC content to be included in the Spec II update actually. People that don't buy it still need to see it in online races.

The Karts being available in Arcade was probably an oversight by PD lol

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Solal said:

GT5 vs FM4 thread is that way, btw.

Truespeed

Solal said:

Nothing says uninspired like paying a large, pompous and pretentious old man to regurgitate material from a Top Gear episode that didn't make it to air.

Solal said:

ok, so just a plain troll. Good to know. For a moment there I thought you were serious and were actually enlightened on how PD works from the inside.

Here you go sport:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375000

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Well, I'm loving the new introductions but:

A) alpha channel is as fucked up as it has always been, dunno if it has been reduced in replays but it definitely hasn't in-game.

B) I was happy to have it at first, bit after 5 minutes unfortunately I had to do a 180°: blacked out cockpit view on standard cars is absolutely unplayable, useless *to me*. Thank god for those cars which actually have a real one, it's awesome for standards like the Formula GT and I'm really enjoying it now!

Solal

Metalmurphy-> Very interesting argument. Tx.

You are the 3rd pointing me to the F4 vs GT5 thread...and i apologized 4 posts above.

Solal said:

GT and Forza are not annual releases like PES/FIFA, nobody has to run after nobody.

Sporran

am i being thick, im fully updated (did this via auto update) but i keep getting on the old intro on start up?

Clicked on the manual and the vers is defo 2.00.***** feel like im missing something, you tubes aint enough :)

andylsun

Sporran said:
am i being thick, im fully updated (did this via auto update) but i keep getting on the old intro on start up?

Clicked on the manual and the vers is defo 2.00.***** feel like im missing something, you tubes aint enough :)

Go into GTTV to download the new intro movie.

JWong

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Not enough Jeremy Clarkson and Kanye West I guess :/
I watched the opening where he narrates in. I've watched every Top Gear episode, and Clarkson sounded unnatural in that like it was forced.

Maybe the dialogue was just dumb and he was reading off script.

Angst

Angst said:
Open Lounge is up. We'll just fool around and do shorter races. Join room # 1472 - 6399 - 9009 - 5385 - 2465
And it's down. We had some crazy races and some crazy awesome races. Sorry f0rk for the Caterham focus - it was just too much fun! :D

NASCAR at Daytona was pretty fun and 2nd lap crash was out of this world.

Angst said:
And it's down. We had some crazy races and some crazy awesome races. Sorry f0rk for the Caterham focus - it was just too much fun! :D

NASCAR at Daytona was pretty fun and 2nd lap crash was out of this world.

Cars flying everywhere? :) Thanks for organizing the room, btw, as usual.

Also, people, don't mind the trolls. Dibbz already got banned for this kind of shit. Think of how awesome Spec II is, and how awesome our next race on Spa will be...

We have to research if there has been any change to the tyre wear and all that, those Sports Hard took very long to warm up and didn't wear almost at all. If hards wear slower and slipstream has been toned down, some great online racing awaits us...!

PS: "Hard ons" lol

Rabbitweed said:
Oh man, my driving skills have definitely gone down the shitter after a long break... it's gonna take a while before I can even think about joining some GAF races.

After golding that Vettel seasonal I got almost 20 millions credits... any opinions which car I should buy if I want to blow all my credits on one of those 20 million super cars?

I wish. I haven't got the bronze yet. That car can take a corner so fast it's unreal. I need to re-calibrate, it feels like a Wipeout vehicle. I'm still having fun mastering the 400-500pp level cars.

seattle6418 said:
I was expecting some older tracks to go along Spa. Upscaled versions of GT4 and GT2 tracks would add a lot to the game.

Hopefully they have more on the way. I missed GT4 and would like to play those tracks. I really don't mind the ported tracks in GT5. They're not as beautiful but I like variety. I'd pay ten or twenty bucks for a GT4 track pack.

Top Bottom