• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Jburton

Banned
Solal said:
Thank you for explaining... but if you call this genius, I feel sorry for you.

Btw, i am an absolute fan of GT from GT1... but Kaz's condescendance and lack of imagination is killing the serie. (plus: the tearing)

Soon, GT will run after Forza just like PES is running after FIFA now.

Stealth trolling is not so stealthy.

mikespit1200 said:
How are you guys getting your vids/pics so crisp? There's a fair bit of aliasing on my 42" Vizio at 1080p with sharp mode on.

Which vids and pics?

Intro is pre-rendered, and most pics are from photo mode, that are also rendered at high resolutions and then downscaled.

Jburton

Banned
mikespit1200 said:
How are you guys getting your vids/pics so crisp? There's a fair bit of aliasing on my 42" Vizio at 1080p with sharp mode on.

Picture mode adds more anti aliasing.

Also putting up the sharpness on a HDTV while playing a video game is usually a bad idea.

Wow, this must be the slowest download in the history of mankind.

After 3 hours it´s just 15 % of the fourth and last file, patitience is a virtue, good thing I have plenty of it.

painful fart said:

After 3 hours it´s just 15 % of the fourth and last file, patitience is a virtue, good thing I have plenty of it.

More and more people getting off from work, everyone must be hitting the PSN servers hard.

zephervack said:
More and more people getting off from work, everyone must be hitting the PSN servers hard.
Didn't kaz tweet that the patch demand might have slowed down PSN? lol

Lucky me I got it the hour it was released and it only took 10 minutes

wabo

Banned
painful fart said:

Servers are pretty much colapsed so...

Looking at the Racing Gear DLC, I wonder if theres a licensing issue (FIA) why Sebastian Vettel's racing outfit is still not available even as a DLC.

Ainaurdur

I have been in the middle of the slow download too. At 84% right now.

I still have catching up to do, so logging in every day for the increased bonuses will not be a problem for me. Dark Souls will have to be content to share my play time with GT5.

Ploid 3.0

Solal said:
Thank you for explaining... but if you call this genius, I feel sorry for you.

Btw, i am an absolute fan of GT from GT1... but Kaz's condescendance and lack of imagination is killing the serie. (plus: the tearing)

Soon, GT will run after Forza just like PES is running after FIFA now.

Someone just shot a Prius in the foot.

Angst

GAF races f0rk's favourite car:

nSLCLh.jpg

RiIkoh.jpg

amar212

Good races guys, thanx for nice welcome!

I would always prefer to race full-stock cars - thank God, the option is finally here - on full-stock compound, it is the best way. However, I understand the issue :)

Problem is that I do not have a single car tuned besides smallest tunes imaginable and with removable parts (no permanent modifications) for some cars I needed for Seasonal Events and Immaculate Challenges. I just can't touch the stock cars, it feels like an authenticity sacrilige to me :)

But I will do my best to find few models in order to race again with GAF, great clean and fast drivers among you guys!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Another GT thread to sub to. Ooof.

Can't wait to login and download the update.

Angst

amar212 said:
Good races guys, thanx for nice welcome!

I would always prefer to race full-stock cars - thank God, the option is finally here - on full-stock compound, it is the best way. However, I understand the issue :)

Problem is that I do not have a single car tuned besides smallest tunes imaginable and with removable parts (no permanent modifications) for some cars I needed for Seasonal Events and Immaculate Challenges. I just can't touch the stock cars, it feels like an authenticity sacrilige to me :)

But I will do my best to find few models in order to race again with GAF, great clean and fast drivers among you guys!
We mostly race in cars that have only non-removable upgrades and stay away from engine upgrades and weight modifications. As we can't regulate suspension / clutch upgrades etc we have always allowed it. As for compounds we sometimes use stock or, depending on the car, we go a couple of compounds softer. I find that if we go to hardcore (like the SLS race on the Ring) it excludes all but the ones putting in loads of time and thus the race turns into a crash-fest.

Hope you can join us again, I'll do a goof-off session tomorrow as well. No Caterhams this time (unless MM begs a lot)

Well, it been 3 hours so that means Beatbox has already earned every car and Firewire has already crashed every car.

I have a plder spare ps3, if and when I get a new TV I'm just going to make a cockpit with my wheel.

spuit*11

Banned
Angst said:
Awesome, my Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 trailing the pack.

Rolling in style. I actually overtook some of you guys in the first couple of corners. Must have been pretty embarrassing :D.

Fun races today, even if my internet was on the fritz and I kept getting DC'ed, hopefully I wasn't lagging to badly on the track. Felt great to get back into GT online though, such a great time. BTW, if we're switching to the new Spec II room for get togethers, would whoever made the account please send me a friend request, thanks.

Angst

weekend_warrior said:
Fun races today, even if my internet was on the fritz and I kept getting DC'ed, hopefully I wasn't lagging to badly on the track. Felt great to get back into GT online though, such a great time. BTW, if we're switching to the new Spec II room for get togethers, would whoever made the account please send me a friend request, thanks.
There's a new room? I saw your PSN message and I don't have a clue what you're talking about...

The races we did today was in an open lounge that I created if that's what you're after. And when I got tired and closed it down the lounge was gone.
spuit*11 said:
Awesome, my Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 trailing the pack.

Rolling in style. I actually overtook some of you guys in the first couple of corners. Must have been pretty embarrassing :D.
Time to do (and win) the Formula GT event so you can join the exclusive Caterham Club.

Ahhh, felt good to have a solid GT5 session. It has been a while.

Hard to tell if it is improved physics, force feedback or both, but the cars feel much better when they are in a tank slapper. My wheel used to have this "flop" where I felt nothing in the tires and the weight transfer happened in lumps. Now I feel the car lighten in the weight shift but it doesn't go vague.

Really hoping we see some proper DLC. I think some old GT tracks will be making it as well as Pikes Peak. Next stop, Watkins Glen! (please Kaz)

Lordy, I have played this game too much. 1,845 GT5 Days (wish it showed hours played)

Need to get rid of that ugly 98% asap, thank god for endurance saves now.

Angst said:
There's a new room? I saw your PSN message and I don't have a clue what you're talking about...

The races we did today was in an open lounge that I created if that's what you're after. And when I got tired and closed it down the lounge was gone.

Time to do (and win) the Formula GT event so you can join the exclusive Caterham Club.

Oh. gotcha. I thought it was a new server room, like the GAF-NRL Lounge.

dwebo said:
Wait, how'd you get all the trophies but not finish all the endurance events?

Finished all B-Spec event. I mentioned it back when it happened, but seeing as their is a renewed GT5 interest.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - You can Platinum GT5 without finishing A-Spec Endurance races, just complete them in B-Spec.

dwebo

gutterboy44 said:
Finished all B-Spec event. I mentioned it back when it happened, but seeing as their is a renewed GT5 interest.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - You can Platinum GT5 without finishing A-Spec Endurance races, just complete them in B-Spec.
Ahh, interesting. I'd still need to get to 40 a-spec and gold a handful of special event time trials (including vettel ugh). Speaking of, I was hoping PD would get around to eventually adding ghosts or at least time splits to the amg special event. Nope.

Durante

That intro movie is fantastic. It almost makes me want to order GT5, and I've never played a driving sim for more than half an hour in my life.

Mush

Sleeplessnights said:
Someone was asking about those Red Bull helmet in the intro. It's Seb.... and DC?!!!
That's what I thought. If someone could make a gif of that part it'd be much appreciated (it's when X2010's line up and roll out with their lights on).

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I'm definitely down for the next gaf meetup. I really want to start putting some time into this now. It's tough when you have Dark Souls, Ico/Wanda HD, Xenoblade, and suddenly this game again competing for my time. :p

Syn23

Graphics Horse said:
Indeed not. Looks like it's over water with the mountain reflections underneath the barriers (or I might just be crazy.)

Could it be a rendering of the first location you can see in the new intro?
A very long "bridge" in Japan maybe?

Durante said:
That intro movie is fantastic. It almost makes me want to order GT5, and I've never played a driving sim for more than half an hour in my life.
Now is a good time to jump in. Although to be honest, Forza is more beginner-friendly in terms of assists. Both games should satisfy any car nut though. There will be something to like, at least.

hirokazu

Metalmurphy said:
Makes sense for all the DLC content to be included in the Spec II update actually. People that don't buy it still need to see it in online races.

The Karts being available in Arcade was probably an oversight by PD lol
I think this adds to my theory that the first track and DLC packs were originally intended to come free in the Spec 2.0 update, but they decided it made more sense to charge for it.

Put this back in after a few months of it collecting dust... my god I am terrible. I couldn't complete one race without spinning out at least once.

With the FFW and RWD in replays and the prospect of Super GT and tracks pack DLC on the horizon, NGRL SGT Season 2 is looking to be awesome.

Top Bottom